The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Your Opinion On Pot

I know it isn't legal in most of the USA. I know to some people it is the weed of the devil.

But seriously, what do you think about pot? DH and I have friends here in GA, both of them are EMTs/Paramedics. They are Southern Baptist so totally against alcohol. Here's a quote from one of them: "I have never had to tend to an auto accident patient due to pot." And from the other: "I would rather see it be legal, and free law enforcement to go after the bad guys, and do more community outreach."

I have never had pot so have no idea what it is like to use. So - your opinions?

1 members found this post helpful.

Legalize it. But hold it to the same standards as alcohol. You show up to work high, you get fired. I do not want truck drivers on the road high as a kite nor construction workers operating heavy machinery.

33 members found this post helpful.

I love it.

Legalize it. Tax it. Fund the national deficit.

I'm not a pothead or anything, but I have smoked a bowl now and then and all it's ever done is make me want to write letters to Oprah and eat Lucky Charms.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

52 members found this post helpful.

I don't have a personal opinion on it either way. I don't smoke and don't care if others do or not.

I don't believe in the whole "pot never killed anyone" business.....that's bullshit!

I say legalize it so we can tax it like everything else under the sun!

It is legal here in WA. The sky has not fallen. As far as I know the apocalypse has not begun in CO either. It should be legal.

15 members found this post helpful.

Given that it seems to cause less trouble across the board than alcohol and could be used as a revenue source, I also support legalizing it.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

16 members found this post helpful.

an old friend of mine was a bouncer at a club; he said he'd MUCH rather have to deal with a pothead than a drunk.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

13 members found this post helpful.

Too much money and too many lives wasted by enforcement of a victimless crime.
    Legalize.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

22 members found this post helpful.

I'm very mehhh about it. Doesn't rile me. The problem I see is that we don't have a good way to test for it within a proper window. The way the test is now, based on your body composition and how often you smoke, you could've either smoked it ten minutes or up to 30 days before the test is administered and it would still be positive. I'd feel better if there were a test analogous with blood alcohol testing. Then we'd know if someone was toking up at work or behind the wheel.

But on the whole, I don't think it's any more dangerous than alcohol.
    Quarry Rat

5 members found this post helpful.

I smoked it as a teen. They should legalize it and treat it like alcohol. It's less dangerous than booze. People that are high on it want to listen to good music, watch movies, and eat. They aren't wanting to go start fights, or go gangbanging. It's easy to quit...not really addictive like booze or regular cigs.

The worse side effect is that apathy. Instead of going out looking for a job, you'd be more likely to sit home and eat.

6 members found this post helpful.

I personally don't have overly strong opinions on this issue. However, I generally do not buy into the idea that legalizing pot will drastically impact our society in a negative way. Marijuana is an incredibly accessible drug, even when it's illegal. I've always thought that those who want to get their hands on it will get their hands on it, regardless of the current law. I find it very similar to alcohol: the drinking age doesn't really stop those that are underage from drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    I love it.

Legalize it. Tax it. Fund the national deficit.

I'm not a pothead or anything, but I have smoked a bowl now and then and all it's ever done is make me want to write letters to Oprah and eat Lucky Charms.
    This.

It's no worse than alcohol or tobacco. Legalize it.

I voted to legalize it

4 members found this post helpful.

I know it is not as bad as drinking, BUT I know when people smoke pot at work because they have no memory. I have to have the same conversation with people every.damn.day.. when they smoke pot.

Smoke pot all you want, just do not work on my projects. Sorry, I just have no patience for the pot heads in my office.

11 members found this post helpful.

I think it is way to early to declare that there are no negative impacts or that it is not as bad as booze. Legalize it, control it and tax it just like booze and cigarettes. If only a few states legalize it, it will provide a good study opportunity on the legalization question.

I don't know what came first with some friends of mine but they are dedicated pot smokers and are total space cadets. Nice people but not home.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I know it is not as bad as drinking, BUT I know when people smoke pot at work because they have no memory. I have to have the same conversation with people every.damn.day.. when they smoke pot.

Smoke pot all you want, just do not work on my projects. Sorry, I just have no patience for the pot heads in my office.
    You should talk to your boss about it. It has not place at work, just as booze doesn't.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    You should talk to your boss about it. It has not place at work, just as booze doesn't.
    Amen. Plenty of legal activities have absolutely no place in the professional world.

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTied View Post
    I don't know what came first with some friends of mine but they are dedicated pot smokers and are total space cadets. Nice people but not home.
    There's a difference, too, between it being a "way of life" (you know, potheads) and being a fun recreational activity to partake in once in a while. Just like there are alcoholics and people who simply enjoy a drink on the weekends.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

16 members found this post helpful.

I think a big part of the legalize it already motion is that it's just so ubiquitous. I don't smoke it, but I know at least four people/places I could procure the stuff. The schools are full of it. It's everywhere. So it seems kinda silly having it in with "The War On Drugs" because it's not really that bad for you (besides the inherent damage inhaling smoke involves).
    Quarry Rat