The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    I did. There were parts that felt a little to touchy-feely to me....but I like purely fact based arguments.
    Complaints are always written a little over the top and to tell a story -- they have to try to paint a picture for the judge (and law clerk!) who will be deciding whether it states a claim that they are entitled to pursue when the defendants file a motion to dismiss. So, complaints always have to be taken with a grain of salt, but if even a fraction of the allegations here are true, the defense will have real problems trying to explain it all away.

1 members found this post helpful.

The Spellbound auction is now front and center in bold on the flashpoint website. Are they really going to allow this to go through on Monday?? This is not a lien because of lack of board payment for the pony (signed contracts)...this is for show services and/or services for a completely unrelated horse to Spellbound... of which likely nothing was ever signed (like a boarding contract) to guarantee payment or the other owners' horse goes to the trainer/barn owner. I do not understand how Kim Stewart can LEGALLY get away with this.

Quote Originally Posted by snaffle1987 View Post
    The Spellbound auction is now front and center in bold on the flashpoint website. Are they really going to allow this to go through on Monday?? This is not a lien because of lack of board payment for the pony (signed contracts)...this is for show services and/or services for a completely unrelated horse to Spellbound... of which likely nothing was ever signed (like a boarding contract) to guarantee payment or the other owners' horse goes to the trainer/barn owner. I do not understand how Kim Stewart can LEGALLY get away with this.
    I emailed Flashpoint last night and had them remove me from their mailing list because of their involvement with Spellbound. I also let them know that even though I purchased a wonderful horse through them, I would no longer use their services in the future nor would I recommend them to anyone shopping/selling.

I'm sure it means very little to them, but it sickens me to think they are a part of this whole thing.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

6 members found this post helpful.

I'm hoping that rmhp updates everyone as soon as today's hearing is complete!!

2 members found this post helpful.

I understand that the Chungungcos prevailed today and that there was a temporary restraining order issued preventing the auction from proceeding. So that's one good thing. Whatever else happens-- ownership of the pony will "stay put" for the time being.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I understand that the Chungungcos prevailed today and that there was a temporary restraining order issued preventing the auction from proceeding. So that's one good thing. Whatever else happens-- ownership of the pony will "stay put" for the time being.
    Do you know if the court allowed Stewart to retain possession while the case is pending? Or were the pony's owners allowed to pay only its expenses and get the pony back?

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Good.

Now if only Flashpoint would remove that obnoxious banner on their website. Very disappointed they didn't remove themselves when this was first questioned.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Good.

Now if only Flashpoint would remove that obnoxious banner on their website. Very disappointed they didn't remove themselves when this was first questioned.
    Or they could just add to it:

Flashpoint: Helping sell horses under questionable circumstances.

Honestly, they were probably well within their rights under the law to run this auction...but there is a difference between what is legal and with is moral and ethical in this case. It's too bad they didn't land on the side of ethics.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Good.

Flashpoint has "CANCELLED" across the sales notice now.

5 members found this post helpful.

MC paid the 25K and there is still a hearing for the rest of their issues, but basically KS lost the pony and the horse. Justice prevailed!!!! Maybe a lesson for the rest of the scammers.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippity View Post
    Flashpoint has "CANCELLED" across the sales notice now.

Great!!! About time

so I'm wondering why Chungunco still has to secure a $205K bond?

I wonder if anything will happen regarding Vet and Stewart?
    ....Of the younger variety

Quote Originally Posted by Ammy Owner View Post
    I wonder if anything will happen regarding Vet and Stewart?
    Sounds like that is still moving ahead, charges of fraud and professional misconduct per the article

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    so I'm wondering why Chungunco still has to secure a $205K bond?
    To cover damages if she loses because Stewart will no longer have the pony to sell to recoup her claimed expenses. Whoever gets the pony while litigation is pending puts up the bond.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    Sounds like that is still moving ahead, charges of fraud and professional misconduct per the article
    Thanks! The site is moving slow for me and I can't pull it up...
    ....Of the younger variety

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
    To cover damages if she loses because Stewart will no longer have the pony to sell to recoup her claimed expenses. Whoever gets the pony while litigation is pending puts up the bond.
    MC should ask for attorney's fees as well when this entire debacle is over.

She has a good attorney so I'm sure she will do well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    Even if her parents are filthy rich, she deserves access to her pony. It's a kid. If someone held my kids pony "hostage", I'd be using whatever is in my arsenal. A boarder threatened to steal my child's goat if I enforced her paying in lieu of 30 days notice. I was furious she was using my kid to retaliate, and people SHE told were horrified. Are you saying it's not fair game for C's lawyer? Aside- the night my ex boarder left I drive around with the mini goat in my Expedition and had a group if people at the farm
    I'm with you! Don't touch my kid's pony (in this case a standardbred racehorse) or her ass of a goat. God help me I love both of them (even if the goat did rip my goat did rip my good jeans the other day) and would almost give up my QH before I'd let anyone lay a hand on either of them!
    ~~Some days are a total waste of makeup.~~