The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Larksmom View Post
    ok, so if I go in under the UK flag, and get on BBC, there will be a red button? and if I 'push' it I can get the Equestrian programming?
    NO ! This is only available to digital television receivers in the UK. It is an interactive service initiated by pressing a red button on your TV's remote control.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

I had FEI-TV and then cancelled it when I found that I was not watching it as much as I had expected. Cancelling was easy and painless.

I just went to FEI-TV and clicked on the "subscribe" button, thinking it would want my payment information so I could watch WEG. But it just changed to "Subscribed" and grayed out.

Does that mean I can watch WEG now? I am totally confused. One might think that there would be official information from USEF about how to view live.....
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

They seem to be having a problem.
    http://www.feitv.org/live/id//title/...ening-ceremony
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

FEI TV has just changed the cost for WEG month to $44.99; after this it's the usual 14.99 per month.
    https://secure.feitv.org/buy?WT.mc_i...nown*Other:FEI

A full year is still $80.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    FEI TV has just changed the cost for WEG month to $44.99; after this it's the usual 14.99 per month.
    https://secure.feitv.org/buy?WT.mc_i...nown*Other:FEI

A full year is still $80.
    Bummer. Still cheaper than airfare to France plus hotel and game tickets, but a bummer nonetheless.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

1 members found this post helpful.

Typical gouging... sigh... no wonder you could not access it at 14.99$
    May get the proxy again then.. hate gouging...

you know, I tired to get signed up last night. They told me I didn't have a unique email!! Say what! I got on this morning, checked my unique email and they not only cleared the path for me, there was also an offer of 20% off the yearly price, so signed up for a year for $63! Now I can watch it on TV or only on computer?
    Another killer of threads

you can watch on tv if you hook up your computer to it... I think... still angry about the price increase...

H&H's tv schedule; http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/weg/w...s-tv-listings/

It appears that the BBC will be streaming it on their sports webpage, so you should be able to watch via a proxy.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I can't make Hola work today on my computer. It shows me as having a UK web address, but BBC doesn't seem to know that.

Just got this from clipmyhorse.tv
    Alltech World Equestrian Games from 23 August to 7 September 2014
    ClipMyHorse.TV broadcasts live all show jumping, dressage, eventing and vaulting competitions from Normandy, unless they are covered live on the German television. All competitions will finally be available as recording on the archive. So you never miss a ride. Due to licensing restrictions the broadcasts and recordings can only be watched by viewers in Germany. The broadcasts of the dressage and show jumping competitions at ClipMyHorse.TV are presented by Performance Sales International GmbH (P.S.I.).
    You have to pay to access the archives, but it isn't $45 bucks per month. You'd still need a proxy, though.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

... _. ._ .._. .._

Bought FEI tv yesterday for $15, so apparently they just increased the price.

Does anyone know if they will record and show the entire coverage if you can't watch it live? Or are you stuck with the highlights? Given the times, there is no way I'm going to be able to watch most of it live.

at that price,they better show it live!! Although I had read somewhere else it would be highlights.. which is why I hesitated ... but I hesitated too long... grrr

I remember watching Lexington live streaming for free... I hope they remember this when it is in Bromont!!!

Wonderful, now they won't accept my email address because it is already in use... I have never subscribe to anything with FEI tv... so now I have to create another email address... Great...

Does not look like I am getting the special offer at 20% off...
    Last edited by FalseImpression; Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

oh yes,FA that is exactly what happened to me! I wrote to them and today they had it changed out. Whatever they did. I got the email offering me the discount BEFORE I saw the one saying they had cleared my info. So write them, a nice letter and look for good things in your email tomorrow.

Larksmom, now that I have paid and made a new address (which means I have to sign out and back in from my other one), I doubt they will do anything, but I did send an email anyway!

ooh you should have waited! Clearly they are having troubles, and I didn't ASK for a discount, they offered it! At least you will be able to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Larksmom View Post
    you know, I tired to get signed up last night. They told me I didn't have a unique email!! Say what! I got on this morning, checked my unique email and they not only cleared the path for me, there was also an offer of 20% off the yearly price, so signed up for a year for $63! Now I can watch it on TV or only on computer?
    I had the same thing happen, I couldn't get my payment to work when I signed up. I got the same email with 20% off!

Well I got the email that they removed my previous address, but no offer of 20% off... Not nice! I should have waited..
    I did reply again about not giving me the 20% off because I went through the trouble of creating another address just for them, which makes me check TWO addresses each time.. ie logging off and on ...