The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wanna see bad? Try Janice Dickinson.

3 members found this post helpful.

And Joan Rivers is scary for many reasons - including her plastic face.

Any time I think that it might be nice to have a little work done on my face cuz I don't like what I see in the mirror, I look at some of these celebrities who can afford the very best and then I think "No thank you!"

6 members found this post helpful.

I don't know...to each his own, I guess. The people in the Walmart photos think they look good too.

I see a lot of people and have to wonder: Don't you own a mirror?
    Ride like you mean it.

Because if they tried to age gracefully, the world would criticize them for looking old. I don't think there is a way to win if you're a celebrity. We'll find a way to shame them, no matter what.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Yeah Kenny Rogers' surgery was done about 10 years ago and many of us have been unable to at him. He did not look like himself at all. It looks as if he had additional work done as he looks better - believe or not.

Kris Jenner sent Bruce to her DR to have his botched work repaired. He does look much better.

Dolly has never been afraid to use any means available to enhance her appearance. Much like Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Dolly Parton always joked she spend a lot of money to look this cheap....which is actually quite sad, but still somewhat funny. but all in all she had quality work done.

For some of the celebs, you wonder why they went with some quack, as it seemed there had always been enough decent practitioners around.
    Priscilla Presley (why did she ever go under the knife at all?), Mikey Rourke (the drinking didn't help either...) or Kenny Rogers.
    At least he seems to be somewhat back to looking human, according to the new Geico commercials!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Mhr-UvwmE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

It is pretty sad, isn't it. So many of them have - or maybe had - beautiful bone structure in their faces, and would have aged with a good degree of continued beauty if they hadn't taken the wtfplasticsurgery route.

2 members found this post helpful.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    Dolly has never been afraid to use any means available to enhance her appearance. Much like Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller.
    I loved Phyllis Diller. My favorite line of hers was, "My surgeon said if I had one more face lift I'll have a goatee." Followed by that bawdy laugh, of course. Good times.

As for Axl Rose, I don't think they had tons of cake after he found it.
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

I love Dolly Parton-she's such a good hearted person and spreads her wealth around. I saw her being interviewed on TV one day and nearly fell off my chair laughing when she said, "If it sags, bags or drags I'm going to have it nipped, tucked or sucked!".

The person who really shocked me though is Melanie Griffith.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." ~Tom Magliozzi~ of the infamous duo, Click and Clack Tappet, Car Talk hosts. RIP, Tom 6/28/37-11/3/14

8 members found this post helpful.

If you click on the picture of "Axl Rose", the one with the pie and cake reference you will see that it is a "wrestler" doing his Axl Rose bit. It is not Axl Rose.

That being said, he should really consider not wearing the bathrobe /bandana ensemble..

Wasn't there something about her Dr. injecting her with fake botox?

Quote Originally Posted by todaysspecial View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Priscilla Presley flew too close to the sun, and her face darn near melted off. That poor lady, sweet Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    One of the reasons I loved Katherine Hepburn, she got old all normal like and stayed classy the whole time!
    But she had extraordinary bone structure and remained thin enough to show them.

2 members found this post helpful.

Exactly right Curb Appeal. The greatest sin in Hollywood isn't aging, but looking older. How many female actors have worked past 40? Not a ton, except on TV, or someone who starts playing older characters. The men can age, but not the women.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Helen Mirrem is doing pretty well with acting parts but she is one of those whose face stays thin also, unless it's been "fixed" too.

I have a contemporary who was in modeling and acting and her face and body are still youthful taut firm etc, I'm pretty sure she works very very hard to maintain that, and if she has had any plastic surgery it's been by a real artist. I'm not aware that she has had work recently though, youthful looking or not.

Me, not so much. Too many cookies and years in the sun.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Suzanne Somers is pretty scary nowadays.

Cher. She actually looks pretty good, just not AT ALL the same. Completely changed. Nose, teeth, lips, cheekbones, you name it.https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...hduoFfXCA3G6X6 this vs https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...85isxnJwQH-tDw
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post
    I don't know...to each his own, I guess. The people in the Walmart photos think they look good too.

I see a lot of people and have to wonder: Don't you own a mirror?
    Some people maybe have too many mirrors ... so obsessed with youthful physical appearance, they have no idea how to be attractive without it.

No fair invoking Katherine Hepburn, though, she was a total beauty and kept it through old age. Not many of us, celebrities or otherwise, can hope to be so lucky.

And this is why I love Meryl Streep. She looks like a 60-something year old woman - jowls, a little turkey waddle, weight gain. And is beautiful. I don't think it has hurt her career at all. The roles she's playing today are totally appropriate for a woman her age. Julia Roberts is headed in the same direction and I hope she continues on naturally as well.