The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Angry

Makes me kinda mad that she claims to take the whole horse thing seriously...I actually think those pics are pretty trashy!!

Eh, she's reenacting a rearing horse. What an idiot. I can just hear the photographer, "Paw the air Madonna, that's right you're a wild mustang."
    It's really hard to imagine that anyone would look at these photos and not erupt in laughter or sheer disgust.

Two Simple- For me it's not the sexual references of the photos that bother me. They aren't thought out, bad quality and she looks ridiculous. I don't see anything artistic or magical about it, IMO.

Oahu, Hawaii until we return to the Appling, Ga farm.

Um, how about the fact that all of the pictures are weird...but number 23, hmmm? If only that horse was trained to Kick pieces of manure stuck in his taill..........he would have kicked her weird british wannabee a$$ to the moon.

I am sorry, but it makes me wonder how an educated person like myself, with a real job, has to scrape sometimes to get by, and this freak of nature (yeah she has talent, but so do lots of other people) who can take photos leaning towards the S&M or beastiality side of things, can make mad loot! I just dont get it.
    "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

Gee, Madonna wearing bizarre clothing and being in control of every situation/photo. What is new with that?

Hmmm...a middle aged woman can't be sexy. Boy are y'all brain washed. I am the same age as Madge and don't look half as good as her, yet, my hubby thinks that I am sexy, especially when I ride! What are you younguns going to do when you become MIDDLE AGED?

No, I don't like her music. But I have total respect for Madonna. She has brought womens' rights and music so far since the early 1980s when we were getting no respect. But I am middle aged and can remember from where we came. She is comfortable with her sexuality. Seems like many of you are not.

HR? She is showcasing beautiful animals that we adore...in a non-abusive way. However, I am very fascinated by the way most of the horses chose to ignore her. Very interesting.

Where's the carrot stick?

The cover says, "Madonna rides again" yet in NONE of the pictures is she found riding!! HMMM

And who's idea was the saddle on HER back?!? That silly hat?? And does that crop have chocolate on it?? She can't seem to keep it out of her mouth.

I find those pictures utterly silly to say the least. Tasteless would probably be a better word. I'm shocked that for the perfectionist she claims to be, she allowed herself to be photographed like that.

Sweetfern....
    Wow! Who ever said anything about a MIDDLE aged woman not being able to express herself and be sexy? Nobody. Andy Mcdowell is middle aged and sexy. She takes pictures with horses....which I am sure men find very sexy...but you define sexy how you want. If wearing bondage couture clothing laying on a horse, smoking a cigarette makes you feel sexy, by all means, do it. I personally could care less. I just dont see any artistic value in what Madonna is doing. Yeah, the photos are beautiful......sure Madonna is great. Does me disliking her photos mean I am not comfortable with my sexuality, Nope. I find the photos kind of perverse. That is all. They are weird to me whereas to someone else they might be cool, and I respect that. It was vaguely my opinion. Never was it an attack on an aging woman who obviously thinks it is artistic, sexy, whatever to lay atop a horse or pretend like she is a barn whore in freaky clothes. Whatever.
    "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

Cool

Briggsie,
    I was just expressing my opinion, not commenting on your particular post.
    Whatever.

I imagine Madonna always singing that song:

"I know what boys want. I know what guys like!"

Didn't Betty Paige do this photo shoot in the 50's? Is everything old new again?

and I was speaking on the behalf of others. I would not say WE are brainwashed because the general consensus is that this particular work by Madonna is odd.

Default Oh. Come. On.

I've never been a Madonna fan, nor do I find her particularly attractive. However, after the hype passes by, I've always enjoyed what she has done in retrospect. She pushes the envelope. She is a decent singer. She has a great body that she has continued to care for. I respect her.

Her pictures show an attempt to define her relationship with her horses, and her empathy of horses. I remember when my trainer had her clients put bits in their mouths to imagine how it felt from the horse's perspective (thank god I missed that lesson). What does a saddle feel like? To wear a bit and bridle? To lie in the shavings?

I'm a guy, and I don't find the photos at all erotic. There is an obvious sexuality, but that's just the sizzle. It's more about Madonna putting her self in horse shoes.

Thumbs down insulting

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfern
    Briggsie,
    I was just expressing my opinion, not commenting on your particular post.
    Whatever.
    Actually by saying that some of us are not comfortable with our sexuality was intended as an insult and just because we don't like the photos, Madonna, or something about the photos.

Why did you need to take your comments there? Do you want people to question or challenge your comfort zone, or your sexuality because you comment positively on her photos? Frankly I didn't appreciate that you made that comment. I think that people commented on a public photograph does not qualify you to make judgements on their sexuality comfort zone.

I think you owe anyone you were referring to an apology.

Really, I see nothing offensive about these pics, but I don't find them erotic or intriguing or beautiful either. They're just plain silly. She looks like a dominatrix who has shown up at the wrong address. It's just another attempt to market herself. Thinking about it, that's the only thing she's ever been good at anyways...(very good, though).

Quote Originally Posted by NumberTenOx
    Her pictures show an attempt to define her relationship with her horses, and her empathy of horses.
    Haha! Particularly the one where she lies on top of the horse smoking a cigarette. It speaks of great empathy and respect for the horse. Not to mention that it's always a good idea to smoke in the barn

I wonder where they found a headstall that small??

Quote Originally Posted by spotted mustang
    Not to mention that it's always a good idea to smoke in the barn
    Ya got me there!

Advertising.... Most of it's pretty silly.

Loved the first few of the horses in the water.
    Wish my back looked like hers!! (#7)
    Interesting that they switched from an O'Halleran's whip to an "eros boutique" one (Personally I find O'Halloran's catalog more offensive than this! I mean, grown women dressing the same as their horse? It's like America Girl.)

My first thought was what next year's "sexy" (ahem, cough cough) event rider's calendar might look like.

Default Bunch of horse dookie

Above describes the pictures. The person who thought those were cool pics needs to be shot.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

The phrase long in the tooth comes to mind and I don't mean the horses...

District 89 land of the idiot Representative

Talking Well commerce works!

WELL ........she got you all talking and looking

Edited to add I work my tail off with weights and cardio, wish I had that back too, though I can't give up pizza!
    NO HORSES TO SLAUGHTER CLIQUE
    http://www.cafepress.com/maneshirts

Oh, my. *Covers Sunny's eyes, and whispers "You don't need to see this..."* Imagine what kind of trauma the horses had to go through.... Half-naked Madonna prancing up and down the aisles wearing jingly bridles and saddles. I think the horses are more sane than she is.

Now that is funny! She is so strange