The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can anyone help this horse (KY)

I just saw this ad on CL and the horse looks to being bad shape. http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/4525515682.html. I can't afford to care for another horse, but maybe someone else in the area could take him in or help redirect him to someone who can.

Sorry if these kind of posts aren't allowed here. I don't get on here a lot, but I know there are a lot of great horse people here that might be willing to offer help to a horse in need.

1 members found this post helpful.

Over where it's HI in the middle and round on both ends.

I texted the owner, he claims he is sound and would need an experienced rider because he wants to go all day. He says he needs his teeth done. I wish I were closer he might make a good pony horse for the racetrack.
    My mom didn't raise no jellybean salesman!

:-( the poor thing. I'm not close enough to take him in, although for one that looks like that we would make "room at the inn".

as usual, i'm happy to help chip in towards a soft landing somewhere for the horse

3 members found this post helpful.

Poor horse looks in terrible shape. If anyone is anywhere near local area maybe they can alert a rescue group to his situation, or animal control . I would chip in $ too ..the owner must be an idiot.

If someone will take him, we (plural warmbloods) are in for $100.00, even though he's not a warmblood. PM us if anyone can take him. Maybe the owner will take $100.00 and then other donations can go for his vet bill.

ufff, poor guy. Not only thin, but his front legs look very swollen. I don't know if they are really bows like the appear - or perhaps some sort of circulation issue tied to his emaciation.

I also can help with a dribble toward transportation and a couple bales of hay/bags of grain if someone can give him an upgraded home.

Have passed the ad on to my TWH friends in Arkansas, who frequently do rescues. Cross your fingers!

2 members found this post helpful.

I'll chip in a bit if a home is found for this guy.
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

I will give a dribble for transportation if someone else can take him. I think his legs are just so skinny from lack of feed, making the knees and fetlocks look bigger in comparison.