The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The jelly scrubber...love it...but....

I can't keep it on my hand! What am I doing wrong? Its the greatest invention and I love it - so great for legs, and the softer side is awesome for faces! But it annoys the crap out of me because it keeps slipping off my hand unless I hook a finger through one of the little holes.

Is there a brand out there thats good for smaller hands? I wear a 6 in gloves. Or smalls.

They make it in a mini size that might work for you. I use the regular size (size 8 gloves) and it stays put pretty well.

I wear a glove when I use it. That's what has helped me keep it on my hand.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I do, too, come to think of it, since I wear gloves all the time at the barn. I've got small hands, too, so this is probably why I don't lose it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I wear a glove when I use it. That's what has helped me keep it on my hand.
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

I sort of curl my fingers a bit so that it can't slide straight off, and that usually keeps it in place.

I also wish they'd re-engineer these just a tad; my horses adore them, but they are a bit awkward to use.

1 members found this post helpful.

I've used two brands--and one is about 1/2" wider than the other. I can't use the wider one to save my life, but the other is no problem.

I got so frustrated trying to keep those things in my hand that I switched to just using the human exfoliating bath gloves.

Trying to keep the other things in my hand aggravated my arthritis in my hands. With the bath gloves, I'm no longer stressing my joints to try and hold on to something.

Ok first, THANK YOU. I thought it would be a ridiculous thing to post; I thought - its me. But I'm so glad there are others out there who are affected by jelly-scrubber-slippy-itis.

Will try all the suggestions. And if it doesn't work I'll buy the little guy. I LOVE how well it works!

Did you guys see the new Jelly Scrubber that's shaped like a glove?! I don't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure someone showed it to me a week or so ago. Then again, I've had a terrible migraine all weekend so it's perfectly possible that I just hallucinated it.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

What's a jelly scrubber?

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieB View Post
    I sort of curl my fingers a bit so that it can't slide straight off, and that usually keeps it in place.
    This is what I do, or I hold it curled in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RutlandH2O View Post
    What's a jelly scrubber?
    https://www.smartpakequine.com/mobile/product/607 This is what I have. My horses love them.

This is my new favorite jelly scrubber. I also have tiny hands and I haven't dropped it at all!
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/epona-g...by/p/X1-10516/
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I was using mine this weekend and thought of this thread. I don't have small hands, so that's a start. But, I put it on my hand, and put my fingers all the way through the holes at the top. So, the "meat" of the scrubber is in the palm of my hand. It seems to stay on quite nicely that way.
    “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.” ~Emerson

So glad you posted this question OP - I just discovered these things at my temporary boarding barn, and love it! I want to buy one to have when I bring my girls home next week - but I have tiny hands so I'd like to find a mini version -

I did a search for mini jelly scrubbers but only came up with regular sized ones - have to get back to work now - if anyone can find & post a link where I can buy a mini one, I'll be very happy when I have time to check back on COTH!

Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    Yeah! That's the one! I wasn't hallucinating!

Too bad it's only kids sized (although I could probably make it work because I have midget hands).
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    Did you guys see the new Jelly Scrubber that's shaped like a glove?! I don't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure someone showed it to me a week or so ago. Then again, I've had a terrible migraine all weekend so it's perfectly possible that I just hallucinated it.
    Dover Catalog. Adult sized. I'm 99% sure. Unfortunately I just pitched mine so I can't verify.