The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think they should have thrown them in ... they're not kids, after all. Just lead them to the water and let them discover it on their own.

But once they were in swimming, I wanted to be in there with them! Miss swimming!
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post
    I don't think they should have thrown them in ... they're not kids, after all. Just lead them to the water and let them discover it on their own.

But once they were in swimming, I wanted to be in there with them! Miss swimming!
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wasn't keen on them herding the ducks into the water like that because that is stressful, but even then - once they went in once, leave them alone. The ducks would have figured it out, just not as fast as the humans wanted them to.

OMG! They are so cute. I've got 3 Canadian geese that have been visiting my neighbor and my property for the last few weeks. I make sure I keep the dog in when I see them visiting. I think they are munching on the earthworms that have crawled up on the asphalt driveway after a rain.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Too funny!
    We have ducks at the barn. They love to come around when we hose the horses down, they just stand there waiting to be sprayed, and when they do get sprayed they act like they're in Duck Heaven.

As for the weather - it's 44, windy, and drizzly here today. Rode outside anyway ( I refuse to ride indoors anymore!) and Mare was a taaad excited. Heavy rain tomorrow and Thursday...*sigh*
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!