The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think that even though WOnka may have the funds pledged to her she has not been adopted yet so she is still listed as available. It is always better if they have a full adopter rather than going to foster care. Or using up money that might go towards another horse.

The address for paypal is on the main page. hmmmm http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org
    I think it is CBERpaypal at uh, something! To earmark it as a donation for a certain horse to lower the price put the horses name in the subject. You can say whether to return it or move to the general fund or another horse if that horse has been outright adopted. Since the general pull/medical fund is always stressed donations are always welcome there.

To chip in for a group adoption post on the group adoption thread, if no adopter shows up before the truck there will be a call to send in pledges (which means you will have to watch the threads). But they wait until there is no other option before resorting to group adoption.

I would love to have either Ace or Sander. They certainly were mellow stallions, they should be super geldings! And so pretty too!
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Just to clarify above info; found on website= You can use PayPal with our email address (cberpal@yahoo.com)
    The direct link to this page for anyone seeking confirmation is http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue...eededhelp.html

I have just been over the the HQ forums and seen SEVENTEEN new horses listed! SEVENTEEN! All types have arrived and there are some real cuties.
    See their information at the direct link http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...needofrescuing

Some real nice horses. TBs, QHs, Morgans (or the aforementioned 'types') and more.. Sir Lance is one of my favourites, flashy chestnut gelding, SB type.
    This is him; http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...ead=1146792143
    In the swiftness of my darkness I whisper to thunder, I am patient as stone, as wild as lightening, the very symbol of surging potency and the power of movement for I am THE SPIRIT OF THE HORSE

Unhappy

We need help with this group BIG TIME! There are just so many on the feedlot now. And there are some very nice prospects! And Babies! Please, please take a look! I hate to beg - but we need to move a mountain here! And to those on the E-Coast, there is already one in quarantine who will be coming over in the near future. Please, don't let that stop you from adopting! The horse of your dreams could be hitching a ride with Matisse! For the adoption fee and cost of transportation - you could have a wonderful horse - without stressing out the pocket book.

It's frightening to see so many nice horses at such risk. I am hoping and praying that the miracle workers supporting CBER can do their stuff again, but I'm so afraid we could lose a few of these...
    In the swiftness of my darkness I whisper to thunder, I am patient as stone, as wild as lightening, the very symbol of surging potency and the power of movement for I am THE SPIRIT OF THE HORSE

Matisse will be coming home with in the next few months...she is at a super farm in Washington right now, in quarantine for the next 3 weeks or so, then will be boarded at the same farm until I secure her ride. I can tell you that the more horses that come east, the cheaper the shipping.

Interim board is very reasonable !!

Don't be afraid to look !!!
    A friend is someone who walks in the door when everyone else walks out.

We do need that "Huff Puff" Train going to the East from the West! Then, I'd take Wonka!

Where do those horses come from??? I'm sure that there are alot of horses in feed lots where you live.
    Will get a dream horse!
    More riding, swimming, and rowing, less posting

Wow, I like Dynasty and Shadow a lot. Arnie looks absolutely wonderful, too. Just bumping up.

Yes, I am only paying $35 a week for quarantine pasture board up there, and that's WITH grain and extra vitamins! It is very cheap to have a horse sit up there and veg until you can arrange transport.

Take a look at a couple of those draft cross mares--the blue roan mare is
    stunning!

Dynasty is lovely:
    http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...ead=1146794809

Shadow is too:
    http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...ead=1146792961

And good news-there will be a volunteer at the feedlot tomorrow riding and assessing as many as possible U/S! Pictures will be taken so please check for the updates.

I think I saw the FLO is trying to organise a shipment of horses SOON? Time running out for these horses...

Pity bump. Time is running out, the lot is full and the truck is coming. There just aren't enough people in CBER with enough money and space to save them all. There are MANY lovely prospects on there for all types of disciplines or just as pets. http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue...lothorses.html

Time for a bump for these horses who need homes!!!! There are a couple of Morgan geldings out there for someone who loves Morgans! And a grey Warmblood type with some type of a brand on his left shoulder( looks like a pine tree? the pic wasn't clear to me...) Hey if you have any cash and would like to help these horses, step up!!! Homes too!! These truly look like some worthwhile creatures not deserving of becoming someone's dinner!!!

Default Another small donation

Sent a small donation, hope it will help one more horse off the lot. My heart just breaks to see all these horses.

BUMP BUMP BUMP! Oh, if only we had the room. All of these beautiful sweethearts!!

Unhappy

ACK! There are MORE!

I think Wonka finally is pending. But she does have a group adoption if that falls through but would still need a home.

Nice to see Sir Lance has been homed, as has the appy Sanders.. but even more added since I last visited the board. Many broke to ride.

I see Dynasty has a forever home!!! Yay!!!! Now, just for the rest of them, hoping someone out there has a spare bit of cash they would be willing to contribute to saving these poor horse from a fate they don't deserve. Shameless bump!!!

Pony hunter people - LOOK AT RITA!

Quiet, 14.0 hh liver chestnut with unusual-shaped facial white. They have video posted of her being ridden.

http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...ead=1146791421

Julia is no longer available for adoption. Per her owner's request, she will be sent to slaughter.
    This nearly broke my heart when I saw it, she looks like such a sweet mare. Anyone know why the owners requested to have her sent to slaughter?
    "...through his mane and tail the high wind sings,
    Fanning the hairs, who wave like feathered wings." William Shakespeare