The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Pacific NW 5/18 NEW horses on lot, all shapes, sizes, colors TRUCK COMING 5/18!

A whole new batch of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Some real beauties here and some interesting project types. Please check them out and post/crosspost anywhere you think appropriate. Thanks!
    http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue...lothorses.html
    Last edited by summerhorse; May. 18, 2006 at 02:58 PM. Reason: change date
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

awwwh.... there's some real cuties there! Bumping this up.

Wow do you post on any TWH boards? Mallow ought to be easy to place. And the bay filly that is trotting is interesting....

Isn't she a cutie? I don't post on any TWH boards, if anybody does please post these guys. I don't even know what TWH boards are out there now. I really like the Paint stallion and the App ex-stallion. Shame their owners did this to them.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

There are some LOVELY horses. There's a link to the site where you can see all their updates here;
    http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...needofrescuing
    Basically if on their thread, it doesn't say they are safe, then they aren't. The Paint stallion is really gorgeous and his newly gelded companion, the appy, Sanders, just looks so low. He's got an injury that could use some attention.
    So sorry to hear that some of the horses have been given up by an elderly owner who has cancer, on the basis that the organisation should be able to house them. These are some sweet horses that have been well cared for and handled. They won't have major hang-ups, please consider one if you're in the market!
    In the swiftness of my darkness I whisper to thunder, I am patient as stone, as wild as lightening, the very symbol of surging potency and the power of movement for I am THE SPIRIT OF THE HORSE

Mimsie and Mumsie are so sweet looking. I hope someone can help them out.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I LOVE Divot! What a cutie!

It was posted that Divot is 16 hands and he has that big trot as you can see. He needs an experienced person to bring him along - I see a lot of potential there.

Sander, the Appaloosa, is my favorite...I really hope someone gets him. He is extremely sweet and mellow-acting...even if he's not broke I don't think he will be hard to break. He would be an adorable western pleasure horse.

Exclamation Wonka is still at the lot!

I thought that Wonka had a potential adopter working on adopting her - I was told of that last week. Now, she is still at the lot. Why is she not adoptable? Drafties, please adopt her for me.........
    Will get a dream horse!
    More riding, swimming, and rowing, less posting

Oh I love that Birdie - she's a fine looking mare. If I only had the room she'd be here.

I also like Sander - could be a nice husband horse in the making.

Mumsi and Mimsi are just too cute - looks like Mimsi may be a true black - couldn't detect any brown around her muzzle.

My guess is that Divot will really relax and calm down once in a 'home' environment - and oh my goodness he looks quite a bit like my mare!

What a cutie that Short Stop is - how sweet is that face?

Putter is the stuff that little girls dream of - a snowy white horse with big dark kind eyes.

I think Mallow lost her horn - she reminds me of a fairytale unicorn

Gleed looks like she'd be a great gymkhana or low level eventer

With a little care and love All-Star looks like he'll certainly live up to his name.

Ace - Color and Kind? Someone need to snatch him up.

Please remember everyone, they lost 2 sound, shy 2 year old fillies to slaughter just a couple of weeks back. There's no guarantee they can save these horses. Please please please mention the horses to your friends, your associates, anybody. Spread the word if you can do nothing else. Consider pledging to group adoption threads. Anything.

Group adoptions that are ongoing can be found here. http://cberheadqrters.proboards103.c...x.cgi?board=ad
    I see Sander has one!
    In the swiftness of my darkness I whisper to thunder, I am patient as stone, as wild as lightening, the very symbol of surging potency and the power of movement for I am THE SPIRIT OF THE HORSE

I just emailed Heidi on the status of Wonka. I am even more confused than before. The second board that Declaring directed us to show that a group has enough money to bail her out but I do not see anything being done.
    Will get a dream horse!

I'm confused too- maybe they have her bail money but no one to take her? If there was a serious adoption enquiry they have to give that priority..?

Group adoptions are never finalized until it is obvious that (a) the truck is coming (b) no one is going to adopt the horse outright.

So if a group adoption thread has (a) all the funds in place and (b) an approved adopter to physically take custody of the horse, then the horse should be safe. But outright adoption is always preferred and I can understand why. It is a bit of a legal and financial can of worms to have 20 people pitch in for a horse and then it goes to 1.

Right now, no word on when the truck is coming next. Usually we get 24-48 hours notice.

Ohhh I see. Thanks Catknsn.

As I am alone here at work and no one is likely to call in until 8am (it's 7:10 over here right now), I figured I'd bring over some updates for everyone, from the CBER site, linked above.

Poor Gleed. Friends were shipped away. She's sick. And still not found a home.

Ace the stallion is shortly to become a gelding! And his price won't be raised much for that- a sponsor has sorted this. He's a real stunner.

Mallow has had a lot of enquiries it seems. Not so much interest in Mimsie or Mumsie at present. Nor is there a report of interest on the lovely young horse Short stop. No updates (official) for Sander, Divot, Birdie, Putter or Wonka.

I'm sure options will be being discussed in the accompanying discussion board, but that's how things stand in the official section.

Gleed has been adopted. Sometimes it's not posted to every thread about the horse but she is safe.

I'd really like to see someone rescue Sander. We have about 1/2 the money raised if he must go with a group adoption, but I think he's well worth adopting outright...he is cheap and good looking and very sweet and people oriented from what the volunteers say. If someone wants a western/trail type prospect, I think he's quite a bargain. And he may even be broke...we don't know.

Bump

Default Is there a PayPal address

Can I paypal them a bit of cash? Do they have an account? I am in MD, and am so not ready to be a horse owner, but god knows everytime I look at the feedlot horses, it just kills me. So I divide up my impulse donations between them and various OTTB hardluck cases, and try to sleep at night....
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

What do you know about All Star? What area did he come from? I'm convinced I know him. If it's the horse I'm thinking of, he had a kick indent on his neck (can't remember what side), comes to the name of Plattinum. He was bought in IL for a 12 yr. old girl in 98 and she did hunters and mini events with him. She then moved to FL and last I heard sold him because other sports and boys got in the way. Very nice jumper! He would be about 14-17 now. He sure looks like the same horse. I haven't seen him since 2000 though.

Still, no new updates on Wonka.... I emailed Heidi and have not heard back from her regarding Wonka. Many COTHers love having such a horse like Wonka - I do not see anyone jumping up to bring Wonka home. I'll start a new thread regarding Wonka.
    Will get a dream horse!