The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USEF/USHJA Memberships

I currently have a USHJA Collegiate membership that is paid for by my school as I am part of the equestrian team. In the past, we have paid the non-member fees for regular USEF rated shows but would like to stop doing this. I've been doing some reading online but I'm a little confused. If I'm understanding correctly, I can only have one USHJA membership per year, but can have both a USEF and USHJA membership. Then I read on the USHJA FAQ that in order to purchase a USHJA active membership you have to purchase the active membership at full price (which makes sense) but confused me because I thought you could only have one membership at a time. The FAQ made it seem like you could have two, and now I'm confused. Can anyone clarify?

maybe they mean for you to upgrade from your Collegiate membership to an active one if you are also getting the USEF membership/competing at USEF rated shows? Because I took a look at the application and a Collegiate membership falls under "non competing" whereas with USEF you are considered "competing" and thus your dues are higher.

You can get the full membership, and that will become your only USEF membership for the year. Collegiate is just for IHSA where the full one covers everything, so once you upgrade you basically don't have your collegiate membership anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel6 View Post
    You can get the full membership, and that will become your only USEF membership for the year. Collegiate is just for IHSA where the full one covers everything, so once you upgrade you basically don't have your collegiate membership anymore.
    Ah! Thank you for clarifying