The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default La Troienne/Adargatis

Turns out it's not just Teddy that makes these mares such good lines for jumping horses. Turns out that Helene de Troie and a sister were both good jumps racers.
    Through a sister to Doxa, this is also the damline for Aberali and is found in Red Rum, when mares were bred to Umidwar and his son Anwar.

Just thought this was interesting
    Last edited by vineyridge; Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

1 members found this post helpful.

That is a coincidence, I read this article today: http://www.pedigreepost.net/archives...rinsfield.html

Khaled, More Magic, Barneveldt, Dadji, Jacopo, Hard Sauce, Wolver Hollow, Grey Sovereign and Nimbus.

I am very green when it comes to TB pedigrees, and understanding the influence of distant relatives on today's horses.

My horse is half TB, her dam, Universal Dancer, was by Universal, a son of the mare Straight Deal. From what I can tell, Straight Deal was the real deal. 99 starts, in the money 51 times. Straight Deal traces to La Troienne, and was by Hail to Reason (so both sides trace to Teddy).

Khaled, Teddy x4 (just looked at his picture, hubba hubba), Hail to Reason was by Turn-To, which I believe is another desirable jumping name - correct? There are also a good number of green star mares in this pedigree.

But - I don't fully understand the influence these (to me) distant relatives have on what is standing before me. Does that make any sense? I think its wonderful to see these influential names - but there are many more names in the pedigree which I do not know anything about.

I want, and need to learn more!!

http://www.sport-horse-breeder.com/stamina-lines.html
    here is an interesting look at the proposed effect of ancestors many generations back--whether a person knowlegeable on genetics would agree I do not know!

My foundation broodmare http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/aunt+jane is double La Troienne. She herself produced jumpers, hunters and dressage horses depending on the stallion used. I am in my third generation of her offspring and about to breed, via ET, the 4th. Her great granddaughter, Gisela KF by Zapatero was the Overall Claybrook Farms Cup Champion (KWPN free jump competition) of all age groups (she was 2 then) with a score of 84.1! She received a 9 for carefullnes. Aunt Jane's daughter by Best of Luck, Irresistible, received her preferent status in 2012 after three of her daughters earned their Ster predicates. Aunt Jane was a small mare and not overly athletic herself, however, she consistently out produced herself. This quality is apparant with each generation of fillies as well. Can't wait to see what Gisela produces next year! Very proud that a US based mareline is kicking some arsh on the imports.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Kimberlee Farms, you have at least one more line to the full sisters Doxa and Absurdity. Absurdity is the mare line in Emali and Red Rum, through the sire Black Jester.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Blushing Groom, Mill Reef, Able Albert, Alleged.