The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yah, I'm a little surprised that she would want to take that ride after the HC drama from a few years ago....I even got sucked into that crazy time.....

I miss FatPalomino's posts but know her personally and know she is just off living her fabulous life. She left COTH because she got sick of being questioned about who she was and how in the world she could live like she did.

I miss the way back oldsters of Aefvue....and Anna Crew in Latvia.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

5 members found this post helpful.

The old resurrected post on Linda Parelli raised a few old names - but it's ok - we don't need more old Parelli stuff.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

3 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Yah, I'm a little surprised that she would want to take that ride after the HC drama from a few years ago....I even got sucked into that crazy time.....
    I don't know anything about that but something tells me I probably don't want to.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm still relatively new to COTH and I don't frequent as much as a lot of ya'll. But the Linda P comment above reminded me: what ever happened to a poster named Jeano? She made me laugh with her wit!! especially on the PP issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Don't worry about me. If I go missing, it's probably because I had to go to the bathroom. Nothing serious, just some personal crap to deal with.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

I remember Jeano too... liked her posts. Munchinmon... Angel story!
    Anna Crew...her name is not even on the members' list any more. I hope her husband is healthy again. There was a scary time when he was in England and ill if I recall.
    I miss Lori at Sunkissed but luckily I am in touch via FB.
    Of course, Leena.... her husband is keeping her FB page alive and posted about an award in her name which will be presented in Qc this year! Beautiful glass sculpture of a stairway (to heaven) to commemorate the difficult climb she endured.

10 members found this post helpful.

I pretty much agree with Lex and katarine. While I liked buddyroo, I tried to help her, by cell, in an alter situation (on Coth) she had in Michigan, that's all I'll say on that, and after several cell phone conversations, I realized that she has issues I could not persuade her to abandon.

We all have to realize that what we are told on Coth may not be what is fact, and that the same people who post one thing on Coth may be posting contradictory things on other boards. I've gotten PMs from people on Coth saying they were totally lying about their situations. Who does that and then outs themselves? And I've gotten phone calls and emails from people on Coth saying they were lying to all of us. And bragging about it. Oh well, we try to help out as best we can, for the sake of horses, children, and people. So if we post contradictory information, or give it to cyberfriends, then we have to know that eventually people will find out. I think Lex was a true friend to buddyroo in VA and tried to help her.

10 members found this post helpful.

It's only improper under certain circumstances where such information was kept private to begin with. BuddyRoo posted her family member's names multiple times on HorseCity along with other information about them and she's done the same here too, so I don't think she really cared to keep it private and it really isn't anything to be concerned about since she didn't reveal their last names to anyone who wasn't already Facebook friends with her. The woman who outed her was a much older ex-pat lady living in Malaysia or some other Asian country. All I remember is that she was into Dressage, very angry right-wing, and seemed to have a lot of dirt to dump, much of which seems to be from HorseCity since she referred to "the other forum". Since the thread is gone, I can't give any more specifics than that.
    Exactly. I don't do horse city, but when she put it all out over there, you cannot blame whomever brought it all over here. Outing oneself on another public board shouldn't make the person, whomever she was, who posted it over here a bad person.
    Lex kept all the personal information to himself and as I recall, never mentioned it even when the outing occurred.

5 members found this post helpful.

CVPeg is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thanks. Glad (I guess...) it was drama, and not something dire. I must have missed that one.

Onward...
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Of course, Leena.... her husband is keeping her FB page alive and posted about an award in her name which will be presented in Qc this year! Beautiful glass sculpture of a stairway (to heaven) to commemorate the difficult climb she endured.
    Thanks for sharing that, sounds like such a lovely symbol for an award.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

2 members found this post helpful.

I agree that him keeping Leena's page alive is nice but it does freak me out every once in a while when it pops up on my feed. It is a bit of a shock. I wish I could get Candy Crush to stop asking me to send an invite to one of my friends who has been dead for three years now too. I don't want to unfriend her but that is a sad reminder.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face. :/
    caffeinated! can I PLEASE have this for my sig.?
    I will give you full credit, It is the best I have read!!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

7 members found this post helpful.

Don't worry about me. If I go missing, it's probably because I had to go to the bathroom. Nothing serious, just some personal crap to deal with.
    COTH would put out an AMBER alert and turn DC upside down....I give you 24 hours, tops...do try to get away!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

3 members found this post helpful.

you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face. :/
    HAHAH THIS - and I am not "picking" on BuddyRoo - I was totally unaware of that drama. But seriously, there are a lot of people that OVER SHARE on this forum board. Really, you do not need to air all of your dirty laundry, or ask the opinions of complete strangers about EVERYTHING in your life!

If you have decent insurance, a session with a counselor will usually set you back $30, and will probably be a lot more helpful then "COTH".

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    caffeinated! can I PLEASE have this for my sig.?
    I will give you full credit, It is the best I have read!!
    Sure, go for it!
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    HAHAH THIS - and I am not "picking" on BuddyRoo - I was totally unaware of that drama. But seriously, there are a lot of people that OVER SHARE on this forum board. Really, you do not need to air all of your dirty laundry, or ask the opinions of complete strangers about EVERYTHING in your life!

If you have decent insurance, a session with a counselor will usually set you back $30, and will probably be a lot more helpful then "COTH".
    She's the ultimate over-sharer! She posted practically everything about her personal life on the OT forum over the years. I PM'd with her once when she was asking about boarding in NoVA but that was the extent of our "real life" interaction. Too bad people got crazy!

My posting regularity ebbs and flows, so I missed the oversharing and drama. BR and I have exchanged some emails - none recently - about being stepmoms. Seems like a sweet and generous person, so I'm sorry to hear there was drama there. I do agree that some people share entirely too much though.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

She never pinged my BSometer. I thought she was legit. There are a couple oversharers that I hope are full of it because with the stuff they share, nobody can have such crappy luck or be so stupid
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Sure, go for it!
    Thank you!!
    Do you want your name credited in it?
    I have no sig and I have been waiting for a good one, and this one is perfect!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.