The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov. 20, 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,290

    Default Missing COTHers?

    Been missing a couple of regulars.

    Haven't seen or heard from Glimmerglass, although pretty sure he's usually gone for some of the winter.

    Also haven't seen BuddyRoo post for a few months.

    Anybody know if things are ok?

    Anybody else missing someone and wish to inquire?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2000
    Location
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt
    Posts
    18,653

    Default

    Deltawave has vanished.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire


    2 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    I think BuddyRoo decided to take a break after some posters that she confided in privately, came on her last thread and posted very personal information including the names of her family members.


    11 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    Both deltawave and BuddyRoo logged on in February, so they are around, just not posting.

    Maybe they are lucky enough to be in a part of the country that is actually getting good weather. The board as a whole tends to die down as the nice weather returns.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2003
    Location
    Middleburg, VA
    Posts
    12,991

    Default

    DW is in Michigan, so I doubt it. I know she usually works a lot this time of year so she can have more time off during the show season.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,226

    Default

    How about Goeslikestink?

    Sometimes, when somebody resurrects an old, old post all these names come up and stirs memories, i.e Thomas!
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    Goeslikestink posted recently.

    What about EqTrainer? I miss her posts.
    A helmet saved my life.

    2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2010
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    I think BuddyRoo decided to take a break after some posters that she confided in privately, came on her last thread and posted very personal information including the names of her family members.
    That's just plain dirty pool and should be grounds for being warned or banned.
    Proud Member of the "I Don't Do Facebook" Clique


    38 members found this post helpful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    8,618

    Default MunchkinsMom and Somermist ??? I miss both ``


    MunchkinsMom and Somermist

    are not around ? just reading / lurking ?

    I miss their wisdom ~

    I hope they will return and post ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    That's just plain dirty pool and should be grounds for being warned or banned.
    I agree, the thread was deleted if I recall but I don't know if anything happened to the tactless posters. It was a pretty crappy thing to do.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,221

    Default

    Don't worry about me. If I go missing, it's probably because I had to go to the bathroom. Nothing serious, just some personal crap to deal with.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    38 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan. 27, 2002
    Location
    new england,,usa
    Posts
    4,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Don't worry about me. If I go missing, it's probably because I had to go to the bathroom. Nothing serious, just some personal crap to deal with.
    literally? are you colicing? shall we jingle for poop?
    hope you feel better soon!


    18 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    I think BuddyRoo decided to take a break after some posters that she confided in privately, came on her last thread and posted very personal information including the names of her family members.
    Well she kinda walked into that minefield. She was seriously flip-flopping all over the place in regards to what she was posting here and apparently also in what she was privately sharing with others - including myself - that year about was going on with her life, telling different people different things that didn't gel with what she put down here. Sooner or later, that leads to getting called out on what you say here when you're sharing intimate details of your life with random strangers that you probably shouldn't be talking to in the first place. Though in her case, that whole mess just looked like a big ball of weird on the outside, especially when it seemed like the old lady - a very bizarre ultra right-wing ex-pat dressage queen living in Asia - that called her out had some sort of vendetta against her despite not even living on the same side of the planet or having met her. In any case, that was too much drama for my taste so I kept out of it.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    15 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Well she kinda walked into that minefield. She was seriously flip-flopping all over the place in regards to what she was posting here and apparently also in what she was privately sharing with others - including myself - that year about was going on with her life, telling different people different things that didn't gel with what she put down here. Sooner or later, that leads to getting called out on what you say here when you're sharing intimate details of your life with random strangers that you probably shouldn't be talking to in the first place. Though in her case, that whole mess just looked like a big ball of weird on the outside, especially when it seemed like the old lady - a very bizarre ultra right-wing ex-pat dressage queen living in Asia - that called her out had some sort of vendetta against her despite not even living on the same side of the planet or having met her. In any case, that was too much drama for my taste so I kept out of it.
    Its doesn't excuse posting personal information, such as names of her husband and step children, on a public board. She may have flip flopped around with what happened to different people, but she never mentioned any names publicly.


    11 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr. 17, 2002
    Location
    between the barn and the pond
    Posts
    14,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Its doesn't excuse posting personal information, such as names of her husband and step children, on a public board. She may have flip flopped around with what happened to different people, but she never mentioned any names publicly.
    No, it's not excused. I don't think anyone was happy to see that happen.

    However- if you live one life here, and then live another life somewhere else, creating drama and making up stories to make one, or both, or however many you have...more interesting and fun to steer- don't be surprised if you end up in a ditch.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct. 30, 2008
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    What about EqTrainer? I miss her posts.
    EqT is on a COTH sabbatical. I think the drama was getting a bit too much for her.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

    You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Its doesn't excuse posting personal information, such as names of her husband and step children, on a public board. She may have flip flopped around with what happened to different people, but she never mentioned any names publicly.
    Yeah, it is private alright. Super secret! Must keep it out of anyone's hands! Her family info along with associated happenings is all over HorseCity too, which seems to be where she interacted with the woman who called her out in that thread.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    7 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    7,997

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    That's just plain dirty pool and should be grounds for being warned or banned.
    Are you kidding me!? Can someone PM who did that? HORRIBLE behavior!
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Are you kidding me!? Can someone PM who did that? HORRIBLE behavior!
    It's only improper under certain circumstances where such information was kept private to begin with. BuddyRoo posted her family member's names multiple times on HorseCity along with other information about them and she's done the same here too, so I don't think she really cared to keep it private and it really isn't anything to be concerned about since she didn't reveal their last names to anyone who wasn't already Facebook friends with her. The woman who outed her was a much older ex-pat lady living in Malaysia or some other Asian country. All I remember is that she was into Dressage, very angry right-wing, and seemed to have a lot of dirt to dump, much of which seems to be from HorseCity since she referred to "the other forum". Since the thread is gone, I can't give any more specifics than that.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct. 8, 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    No, it's not excused. I don't think anyone was happy to see that happen.

    However- if you live one life here, and then live another life somewhere else, creating drama and making up stories to make one, or both, or however many you have...more interesting and fun to steer- don't be surprised if you end up in a ditch.
    you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face. :/
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

    My CANTER blog.


    29 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. HELPING HANDS: COTHers helping COTHers!
    By Moderator 1 in forum Giveaways
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Apr. 8, 2014, 04:57 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec. 5, 2013, 04:01 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Dec. 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan. 2, 2011, 01:09 PM
  5. BB recommendations for COTHers, by COTHers
    By Moderator 1 in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Sep. 18, 2009, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •