The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TheJenners - they have a book that is a compilation of uses for their products, put together not only by the company but ideas that people have sent in. There's a whole chapter for dog/cat/pets as well as horses/barns. Lots of remedies for injuries, fly spray, cleaners around the barn, etc. I got mine from my friend who was the person who signed me up, not sure if they usually have them for sale or what. If you're interested and can't get a hold of it, I could scan those sections and email them to you. Or I could actually just send you the book, since I'm not buying the stuff anymore.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Their Renew hand lotion is actually the only stuff that works for me - but you can also get it off Amazon if need be.

I have to admit, I do really like 4 of their products: the dishwasher detergent, clothes detergent, toothpaste and scrubby/exfoliating bar. But at $50 a month just to be able to buy stuff? I quickly canceled my contract.

And yes, we will now probably buy a few things from Melaleuca off of Amazon here and there. But we will only spend about $150 PER YEAR, if that much.

I've been a member for maybe 7-8 months now. I HATE HATE HATE that you can't get away with spending any less than like $75 a month on products. I like some of the shake stuff they sell, the sunscreen, and the chapstick. The rest I could live without.

I don't know if I'm going to keep going...
    Friend of bar.ka

I use to be a member, but as most have posted never bought enough stuff each month. So cancelled.
    I joined Shaklee instead. I think their products are better quality & better priced, there's NEVER a monthly minimum to buy & once a member you're always a member...even if you don't purchase anything for a long time.

They put on a heck of a 4th of July fireworks show in my old hometown of Idaho Falls.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Snake oil. Pyramid schceme. And basic liars. Someone persuaded me to buy stuff, based on supposedly "Natural" whatever that really means. I am looking for soaps and hair shampoos and skin products without laurel sulfates in them, oh, buy these she said, I did, every single one had exactly the same ingredients as off the shelf shampoo at the grocery store, including the allergen (to me) laurel sufate etc.

And the price! Its marketed to stupid women who don't read lables and just buy what they think is trendy or good for some reason.

Really mistaken when I tried it. My then horse trainer sold it, and kept bugging me until I did.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

2 members found this post helpful.

yeah i didn't find the products worked that well esp for the price!! so expensive. Their claim was is cost more because it was concentrated. yeah right. I had to buy extra containers to mix it all in? What a pain. Total garbage

AK, if you have that ingredient spelled correctly, I didn't find laurel sulfate listed in the ingredients

I use http://www.natures-gate.com/Shop/ite...36&WithLinks=1 which I get at, yes, Whole Foods.

I have color treated hair and I really like this shampoo. Doesn't leave my hair harsh.

Looks like there are other places besides Whole Foods where you can get it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    Snake oil. Pyramid schceme. And basic liars. Someone persuaded me to buy stuff, based on supposedly "Natural" whatever that really means. I am looking for soaps and hair shampoos and skin products without laurel sulfates in them, oh, buy these she said, I did, every single one had exactly the same ingredients as off the shelf shampoo at the grocery store, including the allergen (to me) laurel sufate etc.

And the price! Its marketed to stupid women who don't read lables and just buy what they think is trendy or good for some reason.

Really mistaken when I tried it. My then horse trainer sold it, and kept bugging me until I did.
    Ain't that the truth!!! Only dealer I knew of was a very dodgy horse-dealing chick out near Halifax, Nova Scotia - total crook, but being a sweet-talkin' purty blonde (well, she was back then - she's hopefully a fat and wrinkly old crow by now), so perfect for selling snake oil.

WMW,well, then I guess I am wrong about what the ingredient is. Whatever it is, its in every shampoo made, and isn't 'natural', and makes me break out. Nothing about any of the products made me feel justified spending the money money money on them. I can find the same or better made at fractions of the price elsewhere. Snake oil and pyramid schemes. Just because of the structure of the company I wouldn't buy it because I won't support that kind of marketing.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Out of curiosity, what do you use, Ambitious Kate?
    Quarry Rat

I bought their products for a few months to help out a friend who needed to make a few extra dollars.

I agree that it seems to be a pyramid scheme.

I found some of their products to be very good. The quality of their tea tree oil is excellent and I was surprised that their makeup is great too. Mascarra is particular goes on very nicely. I also like their dog treats with glucosamine.

Some of the other stuff we tried wasn't so great. The carpet clean did nothing for us, dishwasher liquid wasn't great either. Ditto the shower cleaner.