The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ever hear of Melaluca?

total waste of time. I had never heard of it before and someone off another horse board convinced me to join.

I paid to join. The had to buy a starter kit for 200 bucks. Then found the porducts pretty crappy an expensive found out I couldn't cancel my membership for a year and had to buy 100 bucks of stuff a month. The only way I could get out was to cancel my credit card!!! And boy did I get a lot nasty phone calls.

The person who convinced me had been in it for years and was a smooth talker. But only the people in it for a long time make any money.

STAY AWAY..don't be dumb like me.

1 members found this post helpful.

snake oil
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes. Awhile back several neighbors are/were members and suggested I join as well. I declined as I couldn't even imagine that I would meet their monthly quota.

I emailed a person recently about how to earn extra money and it turned out to be Melaluca. I declined.

i like tea tree oil and use it a lot. no need to sign up for their pyramid scheme marketing ---i despise this kind of sales crap.

Pyramid scheme.

3 members found this post helpful.

If it was so good it wold be available via retail. Like all these pyramid schemes
    - as Delta put "more schlock than doc".
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

What is it? I have only heard of Melaluca in shampoo. Isn't it tea tree oil? Is it the name of a pyramid scheme now?
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

Here in Fla, it's an evasive exotic tree that was brought in to dry out swamp land... sounds like its the same thing

6 members found this post helpful.

I fell for it when I was about 16, it was only $58 worth of crap you had to buy back then.

Melaleuca is the proper name for tea tree oil.

It's also the name of this pyramid scheme company that makes household products with the stuff in them.

Run far, far away from anyone that mentions the crap.
    Quarry Rat

I joined for a few months but didn't buy enough to make it worthwhile so I cancelled (and had no problems doing so - followed the instructions and had no issues). Some of their cleaning products I really liked and there was something that comes in a green bottle (Sol-U-Guard? I can't remember.) that I LOVE for cleaning buckets in the barn. Gets out the stink and stains with no residue and it's safe for the horses. But unless you're all about "natural" products and have a big enough family to make it worth spending $75+/month on their stuff, it's not worth it.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

I found it really tedious to try and quit...maybe its a canadian thing. I had to call them and FAX over stuff ect. it was really frustrating

Hey, I'm a member. Not an associate or whatever who recruits, just an end-product user.

I love their detergent* and fabric softener, their cheesey crackers are like crack, and I eat their granola bars. Plus, supplement-wise, I use their Omega3 supp once to three times daily, in the mango flavor. Yes, the "35 points a month" worth of stuff requirement is irritating some months because we're a small family, but it's not a huge deal. I'm not buying EXTRA things from them that I wouldn't be buying at the store, it works out to about $75/mo.

And their hair mask is really nice from their beauty line.

I have a backup order if I don't need anything that includes the crackers and granola bars, a thing of lotion, and the O3 supp. No big whoop if I don't need anything else. But I buy snack food and lotion already.

I did just order the sol-u-guard for using around the house. Seems like a good idea since I just posted about using something with my swiffer that wasn't the swiffer fluid, but I didn't think of barn applications.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I also use ONE of their products: the Revive wrinkle release spray! I don't own an iron, and the stuff is amazing!!!
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

I did like their products but being single, never bought near enough to make their monthly "quota" so I could hardly wait to get out...

I didn't know the background on the product. My dog's former owner gave me a couple of bottles of hand soap from them that I do actually quite like.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

UGH, my mom got sucked into that!!! She pays SO MUCH MONEY for these crappy products. She sent them to me for a while, and the only thing I liked was the chapstick!

The conditioner doesn't condition, the laundry detergent doesn't launder, the cleaning products don't clean and they all smell TERRIBLE!!! Have you ever had toothpaste with tea tree oil in it? YUCK!!! The makeup isn't any better than your average cheap drugstore brands. The foods/energy bars are okay, but not any better than the average ones at your regular grocery store.

You have to buy a certain number of "points" per month to keep in the program. My mom thought she was going to make all this money by becoming a "director" and having all these people order from her...I think she got about 5 people total to order and ended up with her biggest monthly paycheck being a whopping $43.00.

Stay away, far away!

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

I have some Melaluca trees in my backyard. Can I send someone some leaves or something?
    The Evil Chem Prof

6 members found this post helpful.

It is actually spelled Melaleuca.

Quote Originally Posted by Where'sMyWhite View Post
    I did like their products but being single, never bought near enough to make their monthly "quota" so I could hardly wait to get out...
    YES! me too!!

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    It is actually spelled Melaleuca.
    As is the name of the company as it turns out: http://www.melaleuca.com. My offer of leaves still stands. Maybe $5/ leaf. Shipping included
    The Evil Chem Prof