The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    My dear you have been "called out" too. You think sarin gas is yellow cake ...too funny !
    Honey, I do NOT think Yellow cake and Sarin Gas are the same at all. I don't think you are reading clearly tonight.

Yellow Cake is what everyone thought Saddam had. MY POINT is that Saddam DID HAVE Sarin when he gassed the Kurds. We didn't find any, but Sarin did find it's way into Syria. Where did it come from?!?

I hope that helps your understanding of what I am saying, but I NEVER said Yellow Cake and Sarin are the same. You are just trying to make something up and deflect the conversation from Obama.
    Riding is NOT meant as an inside sport, GET out of that arena!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    Just curious; do you live in a border state?
    Sort of. CA, but north, so we have the huge immigrant population, but not as close as the south. Is this question so you can point out how you, living next to Mexico, makes you understand the situation more?

Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post
    Honey, I do NOT think Yellow cake and Sarin Gas are the same at all. I don't think you are reading clearly tonight.

Yellow Cake is what everyone thought Saddam had. MY POINT is that Saddam DID HAVE Sarin when he gassed the Kurds. We didn't find any, but Sarin did find it's way into Syria. Where did it come from?!?

I hope that helps your understanding of what I am saying, but I NEVER said Yellow Cake and Sarin are the same. You are just trying to make something up and deflect the conversation from Obama.
    My dear Colin Powell never addressed Sarin Gas at the UN. That was your post. Might want to read something other than Faux news for information Shermy.

Again, Syria is gassing their own people, where is the outrage from the far right wingers who are bringing up Iraq gassing their own people with "sarin gas"......

Crickets from the far right wingers !

Default Since we're discussing Obama's statements & policies

From powerlineblog.com

One More Reason Why the Obama Administration Is the Least Transparent Ever

The Obama administration has a standard response to all scandals: it stonewalls. Getting information from the administration is like pulling teeth, only slower. Document requests and subpoenas go unanswered, or inadequately answered, for years.

So far Obama’s stonewall strategy has worked quite well. After a year or two, a scandal is treated as old news, even though the administration has never produced the information that would allow Congressional committees, reporters or the public to evaluate it. If the administration stalls long enough, it wins.

In perfecting the art of the stall, Obama has done something that has been tried by no previous president: he has put the White House into the loop when federal agencies respond to subpoenas and Freedom of Information Act requests. A group called Cause of Action has uncovered an April 15, 2009 memo by White House Counsel Greg Craig that lays out the administration’s unprecedented stonewall strategy. Craig’s memo went to every executive department and federal agency. You can read it here.

Link to doc: http://causeofaction.org/assets/uplo...ies.pdf?92f52c

The memo says, in part:

This is a reminder that executive agencies should consult with the White House Counsel’s Office on all document requests that may involve documents with White House equities. …

This need to consult with the White House arises with respect to all types of document requests, including Congressional committee requests, GAO requests, judicial subpoenas, and FOIA requests. And it applies to all documents and records, whether in oral, paper, or electronic form, that relate to communications to and from the White House, including preparations for such communications.

The phrase “White House equities” is undefined. It is not a legal term; it cannot be found in the Freedom of Information Act. Apparently a document has “White House equities” if it potentially could embarrass the Obama administration.

Mark Tapscott reported on Cause of Action’s discovery last week in the Washington Examiner:

The FOIA requires federal agencies to respond within 20 days of receiving a request, but the White House equities exception can make it impossible for an agency to meet that deadline.

In one case cited by Cause of Action, the response to a request from a Los Angeles Times reporter to the Department of the Interior for “communications between the White House and high-ranking Interior officials on various politically sensitive topics” was delayed at least two years by the equities review.

“Cause of Action is still waiting for documents from 16 federal agencies, with the Department of Treasury having the longest pending request of 202 business days.

“The Department of Energy is a close second at 169 business days. The requests to the Department of Defense and Department of Health and Human Services have been pending for 138 business days,” the report said.

There are two problems with the unprecedented White House review that the Obama administration has instituted. The first is that it takes forever. White House lawyers can simply sit on a subpoena until a year or two have gone by, and the potentially embarrassing issue has been forgotten. But the second problem is still more diabolical. The White House is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act. This means that if White House lawyers decide to cover up an Obama scandal by shredding documents that make the administration look bad, no one–no reporter, no Congressional committee, no private citizen–can serve a request that requires the White House to disclose what documents it destroyed. So adding a layer of White House lawyer review to the production of any sensitive documents–those with “White House equities”–means that inconvenient information may sink without a trace. We have no way of knowing how often this has happened over the last five years.

Which is, of course, exactly the way the least transparent administration in history wants it.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Sort of. CA, but north, so we have the huge immigrant population, but not as close as the south. Is this question so you can point out how you, living next to Mexico, makes you understand the situation more?
    Not really. I just wondered how often you travel to Mexico for healthcare.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    My dear Colin Powell never addressed Sarin Gas at the UN. That was your post. Might want to read something other than Faux news for information Shermy.

Again, Syria is gassing their own people, where is the outrage from the far right wingers who are bringing up Iraq gassing their own people with "sarin gas"......

Crickets from the far right wingers !

OMG, you are exhausting. I NEVER SAID Powell addressed Sarin Gas, I said WMD's. Can you not read??

OK, let me try to follow your thinking....

Iraq was BAD because was Bush......

Syria was a civil war, most people, public polls showed, wanted NO boots on the ground. Obama jumped into it, saying empty threats, was stupid. Putin got him out of it, but NOW, Putin is making Obama look like the fool he is, but that is the right wingers fault?

Again...

Iraq war was bad

NOT going into war w/Syria was bad, cuz Obama wanted it??

JEEZ, don't you get tired holding the water for Obama, when he is ALL over the place??

Obama has been an embarrassment in foreign affairs, yet, crickets from the left wingers on that!!!

Glad you got out the FAUX NEWS, I am sure it was hard to resist saying it earlier, but good for you for trying to make some other (weak ~ lying about what I said ~ Sarin gas and yellow cake being the same) points.
    Riding is NOT meant as an inside sport, GET out of that arena!!!

5 members found this post helpful.

Not really. I just wondered how often you travel to Mexico for healthcare.
    Ahh. You haven't been paying attention. I'm paying over $600 a month for healthcare, so pretty well covered. This was WAY before Obama. I have certainly looked into it for some dental implants, which my dental insurance will not cover.

And, how often have you traveled to Mexico for healthcare? Or anywhere else? I'm just relying on people who are experts on it, not my personal opinion from second hand reports.

OMG, you are exhausting. I NEVER SAID Powell addressed Sarin Gas, I said WMD's. Can you not read??

OK, let me try to follow your thinking....

Iraq was BAD because was Bush......

Syria was a civil war, most people, public polls showed, wanted NO boots on the ground. Obama jumped into it, saying empty threats, was stupid. Putin got him out of it, but NOW, Putin is making Obama look like the fool he is, but that is the right wingers fault?

Again...

Iraq war was bad

NOT going into war w/Syria was bad, cuz Obama wanted it??

JEEZ, don't you get tired holding the water for Obama, when he is ALL over the place??

Obama has been an embarrassment in foreign affairs, yet, crickets from the left wingers on that!!!

Glad you got out the FAUX NEWS, I am sure it was hard to resist saying it earlier, but good for you for trying to make some other (weak ~ lying about what I said ~ Sarin gas and yellow cake being the same) points.
    "Carrying water for Obama" and don't you get tired carrying water for Bush/Cheney ? What on God's green earth is your point ? You blasted Colin Powell for lying to the UN when it was Bush/Cheney lies.

You justified the Iraq war based on Sadam gassing people-just like Syria- and then disparaged President Obama for suggesting war against Syria. Typical far right crazy opinion.

You and the other far right wingers need to pick your crazy loone of a candidate and try and sell them to the voting population....again....

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Ahh. You haven't been paying attention. I'm paying over $600 a month for healthcare, so pretty well covered. This was WAY before Obama. I have certainly looked into it for some dental implants, which my dental insurance will not cover.

And, how often have you traveled to Mexico for healthcare? Or anywhere else? I'm just relying on people who are experts on it, not my personal opinion from second hand reports.
    I have accompanied several friends that live in border towns who rely on healthcare in Mexico. There is no way I could endure treatment in Mexico, but each to their own.

Just a FYI, medical tourism to Mexico is usually to sites where US doctors have set up clinics. The doctors dont have to pay malpractice insurance and are able to perform surguries for far less cost than in the US. Medical tourism is not US citizens going to Mexico to use the Mexican government's Health care system.

European countries with "free" health care do NOT treat non citizens for free, nor are their ERs required to treat everyone who enters their doors.
    So when comparing health systems those are important distinctions.

6 members found this post helpful.

Just curious; do you live in a border state?
    People from northern states who tell people from border states being bled dry by illegal aliens that they are being heartless has about as much credibility as a man does in the abortion debate. You don't have to live with it then you don't get a say.

Now back to the original topic.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    People from northern states who tell people from border states being bled dry by illegal aliens that they are being heartless has about as much credibility as a man does in the abortion debate. You don't have to live with it then you don't get a say.

Now back to the original topic.
    I agree, I think. Media on the border deliberately omits any info about the cartels takeover of border ranches. Journalists who dare to report the truth are quickly dealt with. Illegals cross over in the hundreds/thousands every week. Bleeding us dry, yes. I digress. Back to the OT....

R u kidding?!? Seriously, Are you??

Didn't you just declare that Obama did NOT lie....?!?!

I think that shows enough about YOUR VIEWS.........

Basically, EVERYTHING you accused Kathy of, applies to you. Look in the mirror when you reread YOUR statement.

I guess I do agree, the Dems have played their play book wonderfully, cuz several people here are hooked line and sinker to all their BS.

ON a related note, I guess a lot of people NEVER should have believed Obama in the first place, when he went around campaigning, stating that people could KEEP their DOCTORS and INSURANCE POLICY "IF" they wanted, huh??

How you can seriously believe Obama did NOT lie, just boggles my mind....... shaking my head at you ...... SERIOUSLY?!?!
    You sound like you are five years old.

Please, do yourself a favor and back away from Fox News.

No, Obama did not lie. The ACA did not change those policies, the insurance companies did, as they often do. Read that slowly if need be, until it sinks in.

Obama has made (perfectly legal) changes to try to help people inconvenienced by the implementation of the ACA -- and yet people like you criticize him for that too.

The percentage cancelled at the end of 2013 is basicially in line with the percentages of cancellations in the years before. Only now we can blame the ACA.

Did Obama speak too broadly? Yes. Is that a lie? I guess it depends on your frame of reference. Let's just stipulate that many would consider it a lie. Can we move on from that now?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Did Obama speak too broadly? Yes. Is that a lie? I guess it depends on your frame of reference. Let's just stipulate that many would consider it a lie. Can we move on from that now?
    Only in your mind Lauraky ... There is a legal maxim on unjust enrichment. "no one should be benefited at another's expense"

Obama won reelection based on his lies. He benefited at the expense of many people's health insurance and taxes. No ... Mr Obama may not be allowed to move on.

and if you continue to focus on that we all lose.
    fwiw i think the president is guilty of being incredibly naïve more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    and if you continue to focus on that we all lose.
    fwiw i think the president is guilty of being incredibly naïve more than anything.
    I think he's guilty of no middle ground when explaining a difficult concept. It's either too much detail or not enough.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I don't think he lied. I was able to keep my insurance even though it was woefully inadequate. But honestly, which is worse? Your health insurance plan gets changed due to new regulations or WMD's leading to foreign wars? I don't think Bush lied either, for the record, but he is often accused of lying in that context, for purpose of comparison. They way people disparage this President you would think he sent thousands of soldiers to their deaths over defense contracts or something.

Today the Hobby Lobby case was argued before the Supreme Court. Does Hobby Lobby a private for profit corporation, have a right to religious freedom? The decision affects the health ins of its 13000. employees esp in the area of birth control drugs and abortion. Anyone have an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Today the Hobby Lobby case was argued before the Supreme Court. Does Hobby Lobby a private for profit corporation, have a right to religious freedom? The decision affects the health ins of its 13000. employees esp in the area of birth control drugs and abortion. Anyone have an opinion?
    i'd love to see a thoughtful discussion about this---would you be willing to start a new thread on it?