The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

When Tony pulled out the idol at tribal council I thought it would have been awesome if everyone voted for him... because you know when someone does that they probably aren't going to actually play it... it wouldn't have gotten rid of him, but it would have gotten rid of the super idol... I don't like the whole "super idol" idea any ways. Especially at this point in the game. It makes someone invincible... They would have to blind side him twice in a row at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by fourmares View Post
    When Tony pulled out the idol at tribal council I thought it would have been awesome if everyone voted for him... because you know when someone does that they probably aren't going to actually play it... it wouldn't have gotten rid of him, but it would have gotten rid of the super idol... I don't like the whole "super idol" idea any ways. Especially at this point in the game. It makes someone invincible... They would have to blind side him twice in a row at this point.
    I'm with fourmares on this. While he may not win Survivor I'm sure he'll make it to the final 3. If he does win, it won't be the first time I'm not thrilled (thinking of Boston Rob).

Liked LJ very much and Jeremiah as well. Ok, both guys were good looking.

Liked Cass until she flipped and am a bit tired of her comments. Spencer
    and Tasha are excellent players and I'd love to see them go further but doubt they really will make it to the end.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Glad to see this thread resurrected!!

I agree with ALL^^ of the above.

IMO, TASH deserves to win!!! No contest She has overcome tremendous odds to get *this* far--and has managed to fly under the radar, remain likeable and humble, carry her weight around camp, and win immunity challenges; she is "the total package" as a deserving player. I am all about the Meritocracy, though I realize that Survivor is the ANTI-Meritocracy show... My DH laughs at me when I get highly emotional about it and scream at the TV; this happens too often, as the "villains" seem to win the day more often than not. *sigh*

Spence is annoying me, though to his credit he's been clever enough to survive this far (though he squandered his idol, silly man!), and has managed to create paranoia among the men. Mwahaha. Since Tony is *already* paranoid, this has enabled Spence to save himself--for at least one more day

Cass is arrogant, and kind of a pill.

Trish?!? Yikes. She disturbs me, somehow.

Woo?? Whoever said "surfer dude mentality" is right on, he is "being carried" to the end by Tony.

And Tony?? Ha, well, I'm afraid that with those two idols he has, there is no WAY he won't wind up in the final three. Grrrr! I guess one must give him credit for playing a crafty, balls to the wall game--but will he get the votes at the end? Likeability does count for something...

I cheer when Tash wins immunities!, and will continue to keep fingers crossed and breath held for her, she pretty much has to run the table to stay in the game; a tall order!

It's certainly been interesting
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I agree it has been interesting. I will continue to post here on Thursdays. See you all in a few days!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Oh, they are showing the Ponderosa videos online again this season, which is always fun. http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...-at-ponderosa/ There is the first episode if anyone is interested.
    It will not let me play them because I have ad blocker and it says I have to turn that off to view the videos.
    I do not know my computer well enough to figure out how to turn it off and back on again just so I can watch the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieB View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Cass leave next. I'm tired of her sanctimonious self-glorifying speeches.
    Me too. OMFG.
    Both her and Tony make me want to scream.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Okay--Woo finally showed how cool he is! He was so cute with those kids. But...he's so NOT a "player". Can't stand that whole inscrutable "silent Bob" thing.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I loved seeing Woo with the kids. He really shined. I think he probably is a very cool person in real life. I sure wish they all would have flushed the idol though. Looks like Tony will make it to the end like we suspected. Will be interesting to see Trish and Kass' cat fight next week.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Whooeey! Trish is scary. Tony is an idiot...a gold plated idiot. He could have saved Trish with that first idol, and he didn't. Finally, Woo made a play, too little, too late. I am so, so hoping it is Spencer, Woo and Tony in the final. I would vote Spencer in a heartbeat (mainly because I hate Tony) due to his freakish ability to save his butt and make moves to stay in the game.

I just can't stand Tony's brand of crazy paranoia and bully boy tactics.

Wait..what? Tony voted for TRISH? Why??
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

1 members found this post helpful.

That surprised me too that Tony voted for Trish. Agree Woo really did wait too long to have any serious effect on the game but I do admire his loyalty though to Tony until he finally believed Kass when she blew Tony's plans apart at last night's show.

I think I'm really pulling for Spencer again. I did initially when there were the 3 tribes because of how stupid the 'brain' tribe was playing but then started pulling for LJ and Jeremiah.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Yeah I was watching at the end and was a bit surprised that Tony actually voted Trish, which is why he didn't save her. I'm not understanding that. But that's Tony for you. Plus, now he is going to tell the rest that his idols is good for another week, which it is not, and I bet they believe him! They should ask for, or rather demand proof. Kass is an attorney, she should demand evidence. They should vote him anyway and see what happens.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I really like Woo. I think he's really too nice to play the game well. And a bit naive. But if I could hand pick someone to give a million bucks to, it would be him. Maybe we can fan vote to give him the fan prize, $100,000.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

2 members found this post helpful.

Rooting for Spencer. HATE tony, Don't like Kass, Woo is an idiot.

I finally watched all the episodes of Survivor Ponderosa yesterday. One person who I didn't like on the show very much I have now decided I like. Sarah, the other police officer, seems very sweet outside of the game. I really like her. If you haven't watched Ponderosa clips (each about 5 minutes long), I recommend it! They do one for every person that gets to the jury. They show them weighing in. Some have lost a LOT of weight. Jeremiah looks way too skinny. But they all eat well at the Ponderosa! It will be interesting to see how Trish fits in with the rest of the jury!
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I also was shocked to see that Tony voted for Trish. I thought he wanted to take her to the end because she'd be easy to beat.

At this point, it's hard to see how Tony won't win. He may be a jerk, but he's run the entire game pretty much right from the beginning. I think the jury will respect that even if they don't like him much.

Now that Tash is gone, I'm rooting for Spencer--but I doubt there's much hope that he can make it to the final three unless he can win the last immunity challenge.

Go Spencer! Seriously hope he wins the last immunity and goes final 3. I'd vote for him over any of the others.

Well, if there is a puzzle involved, Spencer has an excellent shot at immunity! I would love that.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

this seasons' ponderosa vids are not that great. i remember in past seasons they showed them on day trips and entertaining themselves, etc..this seasons are kind of boring, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieB View Post
    I also was shocked to see that Tony voted for Trish. I thought he wanted to take her to the end because she'd be easy to beat.

At this point, it's hard to see how Tony won't win. He may be a jerk, but he's run the entire game pretty much right from the beginning. I think the jury will respect that even if they don't like him much.

Now that Tash is gone, I'm rooting for Spencer--but I doubt there's much hope that he can make it to the final three unless he can win the last immunity challenge.
    This!! Completely agree.

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I know this may be "random", but in the past, Survivor has provided "little clues" as to who the winner will be in their opening scenes.

Or that's the rumor, at least

I mentioned this to my DH a month or so ago, since I had noticed that Spencer was prominently featured for a couple of seconds in the helicopter shot.

It would be kind of cool if he does, indeed, wind up winning this thing.

And a great big PHWWWPPPTTT!!! to Tony (and his dwindling band of followers)! I wasn't Spence's biggest fan at first, but he's growing on me--though I'm still POed at the fact that Tash was voted out. *SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Nezzy View Post
    Rooting for Spencer. HATE tony, Don't like Kass, Woo is an idiot.
    I agree though I think idiot is a little strong for Woo. I think he is a nice guy and a little naive more than a true idiot.