The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fourmares View Post
    Hastyreply - They DO go through the ballots and put them in the most dramatic order. That isn't a secret.
    I can not imagine why anyone would think they would always end up in a dramatic order on their own. Of course they are sorted. The ballots that they show on screen with the name are on top so they are not a surprise, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Love Boston Rob.
    He and Amber(i think thats his wifes name), also did the Amazing Race, and did really well.
    Did you watch it? They were underhanded and back stabbing on that show too.

Yeah...I remember on AR, "Romber" getting a bus driver to only open the forward door of the bus and leave the rear door where the rest if the teams were closed. They didn't win either that race or the All Stars. I did like Rob when he came back to his one and only actual reality show win on Survivor couple of years ago.

Just wondering if they won't go for an early tribe shuffle now that the tribes are getting settled in. They are good at tweaking the format that way...and I don't miss Redemption Island and the additional challenge opening up each episode like last season. Feeling there is some kind of surprise due soon.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I can not believe the Brain tribe are keeping around the person who dumped out all their rice and planning on getting rid of the one guy at the next tribal. Just does not make sense to me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I can not believe the Brain tribe are keeping around the person who dumped out all their rice and planning on getting rid of the one guy at the next tribal. Just does not make sense to me.
    i agree. morons.

Pretty obvious they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer for sure.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    Pretty obvious they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer for sure.
    Clearly they lack what most people would call common sense.

Thank you!
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Clearly they lack what most people would call common sense.
    Yep! I have a brother with 2 PhD's and not one bit of common sense. One of the PhD's is Psyschology (taught at a University) and the other Theater.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I admit I did not know there was even something called a PhD in Theater.

I admit I did not know there was even something called a PhD in Theater.
    Yep. Brother (teaching at Univ of AL at Huntsville-UAH) initially planned on just taking a yr of sebatical to get a Masters in Theater at Florida (not sure if it was FSU or where but I think the school was in Tallahasse). Was told he could get FREE tuition if he went for the PhD. Since he already had a PhD in Psych they couldn't offer him free tuition for a lesser degree (Master's). So he ended up taking another yr from UAH without pay to get the course work done. To be honest, This was 25 yrs ago and I'm not 100% sure he ever did finish the PhD program other than course work. His problem, not mine.

BTW, it didn't get him any better pay at UAH either but he has always loved theater but when he wanted to pursue it after his bachelor's degree, Mom told him he was on his own. That's when he decided he could live with going on to a degree in Psych. since she was willing to pay for that.
    Sue

I don't think getting rid of Garret was a horrible idea on the Brains part... he waz whiney and he was clearly trying to take over the decision making for the tribe... and he was the idiot that couldn't read people well enough to know not to leave J'Tia allow after telling her she was leaving.

I'm kind of bummed the Pretty team voted out Brice. He was more entertaining than any of the booby girls.

I'm liking the guy cop better and better... he's clearly watched the show and paid attention.

Looks like the Brain tribe in record time got the puzzle wheel to work.

Yeah the guy cop, he is interesting. Wow that is a huge tribal tattoo on him. If he goes on the show Tattoo Nightmares and has that covered up, it will be painful, and he will have 3/4 of his body covered in a giant tattoo.

I can not imagine why anyone would think they would always end up in a dramatic order on their own. Of course they are sorted. The ballots that they show on screen with the name are on top so they are not a surprise, etc.

Did you watch it? They were underhanded and back stabbing on that show too.
    Thats the whole point. Its a game. Lots of teams do a lot worse than what Rob and his wife did. Your not there to be judged on your ethics, your there to win a million dollars.
    Same with survivor, its out wit and out last everyone else.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

I don't think getting rid of Garret was a horrible idea on the Brains part... he waz whiney and he was clearly trying to take over the decision making for the tribe... and he was the idiot that couldn't read people well enough to know not to leave J'Tia allow after telling her she was leaving.

I'm kind of bummed the Pretty team voted out Brice. He was more entertaining than any of the booby girls.

I'm liking the guy cop better and better... he's clearly watched the show and paid attention.
    I think it was just a bit early to get rid of Garrett. After all if they don't win challenges, their tribe won't be around to worry about it.
    In survivor food is life, the girl should have been booted.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

3 members found this post helpful.

But the girls had the numbers then. If they voted J'tia out they lost that advantage. It was the only real chance they had.

The brain tribe started out playing the end game and while that's very important you have to get to the end to be able to play. You can't play it to soon. They crippled themselves thinking ahead when the beginning is about working together as a tribe to win immunity. You can lay ground work for the end but you can't keep revisiting it. You try to figure out who you can depend on the most and make alliances. The tease showed the Brawn tribe talking about losing on purpose so they can get rid of someone. That always seems to come back and haunt you. Momentum is important. I'm keeping an eye on the Blonde lawyer on Brains. She seems to ebb and flow with what needs to be. We'll see if she can survive long enough to be a player.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Thats the whole point. Its a game. Lots of teams do a lot worse than what Rob and his wife did. Your not there to be judged on your ethics, your there to win a million dollars.
    Same with survivor, its out wit and out last everyone else.
    There are moral and ethical ways to out wit and out last in both games.

To me it being a game does not make being a slime ball OK.

Long time Survivor fan here! Just wanted to plop down my 2 cents on Rob & Amber - both of whom I have despised on every show they've been on, but that's not really the point of my post.

It's my understanding that on the game there are really only two things you cannot do: 1) physically harm another contestant and 2) conspire to split the final prize.

So....how in the hell did they get away with the whole finale proposal thing?? Isn't proposing to the one other last person standing conspiring to split the prize? I mean, regardless of who ended up winning, if they get married they will be splitting the prize!!

Sorry - that one has bothered me for a long time
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

Yeah, I liked Brice and hated to see him go. As far as entertainment value goes, he had vastly greater potential than any of the mostly indistinguishable "booby girls" (excellent term for them).

I worry that the cop guy is overthinking things. I see real potential for him to get himself wrapped up in conflicting tales and come crashing down. And while I initially had a positive impression of cop girl, after this week, I've really lowered my opinion of her.

And while I think J'Tia is hopelessly useless, Garret was an annoying jerk and I probably would have voted him out, too.

Did I see that right? Did those idiots really kill an egg laying chicken and leave the rooster?