The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You used to be able to watch all episodes on CBS.com. Give it a whirl. Some stations are making changes, though, lately.

I LOVE this show. Watched every season. Even though it's the same every season, it's really different every season. At least they try to mix things up with new locations, new ideas (redemption island, etc.), and the people are usually new, and at least the dynamics are new each season!

Remember back in the day when they were allowed a "luxury item"? Wonder why they did away with that.

Oh, yeah, the rice-burner has to GO! I reserve opinions on my players until about week three. Usually I change my mind on who I like and who I hate. I'm not loving Tony, though. Shifty. Love Cliff, though. Seems like a really nice guy. Hope they don't vote him out early because of that.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Thanks PF. Tried CBS.com but got the "not available in your geographic area" message. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by pokesaladannie View Post
    Thanks PF. Tried CBS.com but got the "not available in your geographic area" message. Bummer.
    That is a bummer! . Sorry.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I love Survivor. Last night they spent a lot of time with the Brains. I figure that means they're going to self-destruct quickly and be gone. "Smart" doesn't have to mean "totally devoid of social skills and practical life skills." I wish they would have recruited some Brains that were a bit more well-rounded.

I don't think I have a favorite player. I'm not sure I have a least favorite, either, since there have been so many awful ones over the years. But Russell Hantz certainly stands out as one of my most hated.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchPerson View Post
    I love Survivor. Last night they spent a lot of time with the Brains. I figure that means they're going to self-destruct quickly and be gone. "Smart" doesn't have to mean "totally devoid of social skills and practical life skills." I wish they would have recruited some Brains that were a bit more well-rounded.

I don't think I have a favorite player. I'm not sure I have a least favorite, either, since there have been so many awful ones over the years. But Russell Hantz certainly stands out as one of my most hated.
    And Russell's nephew, Brandon, was a strange character. I think he was the only survivor not welcome at a reunion show. Odd family.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Cochran has been my favorite of all time.

I wonder why you can't watch online in some areas? It works here, wish I could share!
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

2 members found this post helpful.

Garret had to go because he was whinny... I couldn't have dealt with that for a whole season. J'tae most likely won't be around long because her tribe can't trust her, but she's just crazy enough to be interesting... I have to say if I was her employer in the real world the rice incident might make me consider whether or not she ought to be allowed around nuclear material...

I think that the problem with the Brains tribe is that they chose people that were only smart, but had neither of the other two attributes. Beauty requires fitness, so those people are probably strong or athletic and one or two of them might be reasonably smart... the strength tribe, are not only strong, but most of them are attractive and some of them are pretty smart... so it's no wonder that the brains tribe is struggling.

I think that the male cop is going to be entertainingly sneaky. I LOVE that he built a spy hole in the shelter so that he can listen in on conversations. That's something I might do.

I'm shocked that the first team to make fire was the Pretty ones... and I'm surprised in all the seasons no one has thought to make a rain water capture system to get drinking water.

Quote Originally Posted by fourmares View Post
    J'tae most likely won't be around long because her tribe can't trust her, but she's just crazy enough to be interesting... I have to say if I was her employer in the real world the rice incident might make me consider whether or not she ought to be allowed around nuclear material...
    That was my first thought too. I kept wondering if she is that mentally unstable and unwilling to accept responsibility in real life. Heck, it was a puzzle, something that she had more time to work on than anyone. Clearly it is her fault they lost that competition, why not say that and find another reason to plea your case to stay?

Where the heck are they this season? Couldn't understand when they said - only once.

First episode was good - really surprising that the Brains got beat twice on fairly 'brainy' challenges. Hmmmm
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by ccoronios View Post
    Where the heck are they this season? Couldn't understand when they said - only once.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagayan

Does anyone else think one of the coolest jobs ever would be to be one of those who "demonstrate" the challenges on camera (you never see their faces, just their bodies, haha.) I think that would be so much fun. They get to try to fun stuff before the players do. And they probably eat well compared to the players.

Also, do any of you watch the Ponderosa videos on the Survivor website? This is when the jury gets voted out, they go to the Ponderosa. I love some of those videos. There's a whole new Dynamic going on back there.

Another old favorite whom I hated, then loved, then wasn't sure, but I am entertained by him: Coach. They showed the Ponderosa that year, I think, and a few jury members started a band. Too funny.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

1 members found this post helpful.

I have never seen the Ponderosa videos. Where do you find them?

I went and read thru some of the player profiles for this group after someone in this thread suggested it. Wow. Some of the beauty players are most certainly not just pretty.

I just read Garret's profile on the CBS website... Now I'm extra glad he's gone... ug.

I like Kass better after reading her profile.

Wow, Spenser is a jerk in his profile! He's probably capable of winning it if he doesn't let the pompous ass part of his personality show. Mitt Romney is his hero...

I'm betting on Tony unless Sarah takes him out... I think not telling her that he was a cop was a big mistake. Cops protect each other.

So far we haven't seen much of Woo, but he might be a contender. He's going to be really good at challenges, so he might be a target early on if people start thinking about the end game early.

I've watch most of them. I always feel very manipulated by the producers and their editing. It's like they pick who will do what by asking them leading questions. Jeff always knows what questions to ask to continue what ever conflict has come up in the tribe. Who else thinks some one goes through the ballots and puts them in the most dramatic order.

Hastyreply - They DO go through the ballots and put them in the most dramatic order. That isn't a secret.

1 members found this post helpful.

I watched the season premier with a friend and I bet we asked the TV, "Have you never watched this show?" about 10 times.

1. If I was going to go on Survivor, you can bet I would know how to make a fire, build a shelter, catch fish, and all those other valuable survival skills that almost no one ever seems to have bothered to educate themselves on.

2. Time after time, people who get bossy or don't pitch in around camp get voted off. What kind of idiot makes such rookie mistakes?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Let's keep this going throughout the season. Nobody I know watches it, and discussion is fun.

Favorite-most player ever (although there have been many) was Boston Rob, because he knew what he was doing most of the time and when he was double and triple crossing everyone he owned up to it.
    Love Boston Rob.
    He and Amber(i think thats his wifes name), also did the Amazing Race, and did really well.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

I do hope this thread continues through to the end of Survivor. I haven't missed a season yet. It's probably my favorite TV show!
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I have never seen the Ponderosa videos. Where do you find them?

I went and read thru some of the player profiles for this group after someone in this thread suggested it. Wow. Some of the beauty players are most certainly not just pretty.
    Since the season just started they don't have any new Ponderosa videos. They will likely start again once they start the jury. HOWEVER, if you go to cbs.com go to the Survivor page, the in the search box type in Ponderosa. You can still see old ones. It is not as organized, but still fun to watch.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Finally found it on Global tv.ca. Yay!

I admit the Garrett blindside was what I hoped would happen. The only problem is , won't this particular tribe miss his "muscle" in challenges?