The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Offspring of TB stallion, Gala Harry

Does anyone have or know of any offspring by the stallion, Gala Harry? I had a mare by him that I adored. She died a few years ago. I'd love to have another of his offspring if I could find one....in particular a broodmare. Thanks for your help.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/progeny/gala+harry

Are we talking about him? Most of his progeny are 24+. It may be hard to find a few around, you could consider looking at one of his stallion sons' offspring?
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Yes. That's him. I hadn't considered how old his offspring might be. I'd be interested in his grand daughters as well.

Just because I'm procrastinating anyways and I love having excuses to stare at TB pedigrees...

Keep in mind that Pedigree Query is all user-input and there are likely gaps in information. Also I could have missed some of what IS there. I don't believe I found any progeny records for sons of his, but I did find records for daughters of his, and I've listed his granddaughters below. Mares born before 1993 were excluded from this list. Overall sort is youngest to oldest, each "paragraph" involves the same Gala Harry daughter.

Granddaughters with Gala Harry as the damsire:

Bossy Bop - 2007 mare by Bop (Rahy x Fappiano). Dam is out of a Darby Creek Road (Roberto) mare. Picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlfleenorpics/7939643582/
    *Not a mare, but there's a 2009 gelding out the same mare named Bossy's Prized who is by Prized (Kris S x My Dad George). I believe he's galloping in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWzttlKZVBY

Bishops Girl - 2006 mare by Bishops Other Boy (Bishop Northcraft x Inkosana). Dam is out of a Vested Power (Never Bend) mare. Galloping here (chestnut): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsLpBCpL2W4 Looks like she was given away last year: http://www.thehorse.com/(S(a4nzxwbqo...-ready-to-ride
    The Dust Lady - 2002 mare, full sister to Bishops Girl.
    Gala Essence - 2000 mare by In Case (Storm Cat x In Reality). Same dam as Bishops Girl (Vested Power). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2008.
    Ubealittlenice - 1995 mare by Bolting Holme (Noholme x Tom Rolfe). Same dam as Bishops Girl (Vested Power).
    Ubeholme - 1993 mare, full sister to Ubealittlenice. Youngest foal on PQ born in 2001.

Polly Lynch - 2002 mare by Our Emblem. Dam is out of a Towson mare. Youngest foal on PQ born in 2011. And this is that foal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4WTQEvDkk
    Call The Michaels - 1998 mare by Party Manners (Private Account x Nijinsky). Same dam as Polly Lynch (Towson)
    Ease 'N Grace - 1997 mare by Dynaformer. Same dam as Polly Lynch (Towson)
    Why Walk - 1996 mare by Zilzal (Nureyev x Le Fabuleux). Same dam as Polly Lynch (Towson). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2009.

Belahan - 2001 mare by Kingsboro (Talc x Blue Cashmere). Dam is out of a Ridan (Nantallah) mare. Youngest foal on PQ born in 2008.
    Co Co Heart - 1999 mare by Dr Blum (Dr Fager x Sir Gaylord). Same dam as Belahan

Ketch A Hello - 2000 mare by Secret Hello (Private Account x Silent Screen). Dam is out of a Bold Victor (Bold Monarch) mare.
    Go Gos TKO - 1998 mare by Fit to Fight (Chieftain x One Count). Same dam as Ketch A Hello (Bold Victor).

Jabula - 2000 mare by Air Commander (Point Given x Star de Naskra). Dam is out of a Bold Ambition (Bold Ruler) mare. Young foal on PQ born in 2011.
    Green and Gold - 1999 mare by Green Dancer (Nijinsky x Val de Loir). Same dam as Jabula (Bold Ambition). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2007.
    Silent Nicoma - 1996 mare by John Alden (Speak John x Nashua). Same dam as Jabula (Bold Ambition). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2005.

Silent Valley - 1999 mare by Valley Crossing (Private Account x His Majesty). Dam is out of a Restless Native mare. Youngest foal on PQ born in 2007.
    Prospect Silence - 1998 mare by Allens Prospect (Mr Prospector x Berkley Prince). Same dam as Silent Valley (Restless Native). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2008.
    Silent Valay - 1996 mare by Carnivalay (Northern Dancer x Cyane). Same dam as Silent Valley (Restless Native). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2007.
    Valay Bullet - 1995 mare, full sister to Silent Valay (Carnivalay). Youngest foal on PQ born in 2009.

Gamblin Rose - 1997 mare by Gold Medalist (Slew O Gold x Run For Nurse). Dam is out of a Noble Jay (Double Jay) mare

Additional info (now I'm REALLY procrastinating ):
    There are two great-great granddaughters listed on the Jockey Club's TB Connect as needing a home (Bradly's Prospect and Altona Marsh). Their dam's name sounded familiar, so I looked her up and yep! The dam is a granddaughter to Jabula/Green and Gold/Silent Nicoma's sister who was born in 1985, so I didn't list her.
    Last edited by Peaches; Feb. 27, 2014 at 05:02 AM.

Wow! Thank you, Peaches! That's a very great start!!!

I had a Gala Harry daughter (and met Gala Harry) when I lived in Virginia. She was foaled in 1993, she was not registered and sadly I cannot find the person who bought her at this point, but the issue is, there may be some younger ones out there. Roberta Carr owned him and she moved to Florida with him shortly after these foals (there were others) were born. Maybe you can find her?

Gala Harry was a gorgeous black stallion who only loved Robin, he had been very cruelly treated and she found him starved somewhere in West Virginia, she had owned him in partnership previously and went looking for him.
    Last edited by Calamber; Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:31 PM.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Here is a mare by Gala Harry that was in the sale at Frying Pan Park in 2006. Since it says she was a proven producer, there should be offspring of hers around.

• Miss Lil - (Thoroughbred) 16:1 Hh - 90 b.m. (Gala
    Harry x Elfine) Shown locally, proven producer.
    Last edited by Calamber; Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Oh my goodness! That would be a full sister to the mare I owned! My mare died at age 24. I wonder how old this girl would be?

Here is Miss Lil.
    http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...orse_name=Miss Lil&dam_name=Elfine&foaling_year=1990&nicking_stat s_indicator=Y

Bizarrely enough, this mare was bred by Roberta J. Carr, who is the woman I bought my filly from. About Time, I assume that she is the breeder of your mare also?

Here is an article about her mother, her father (which this article did not say) invented and built on their farm, a communications needle that reportedly delivered the first communications to and from the moon. I had forgotten that Robin's name was Roberta and her last name is now Ochoa.

http://ww2.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/arch....php?id=212667
    Last edited by Calamber; Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

John F Kennedy

The mare (Miss Lil) was consigned by Carolyn Baber of Bush Park Farm. Maybe that's a place to start?

http://www.professionalauction.com/0...6vfall_cat.pdf

"Miss Lil was never raced but shown locally. She has wonderful
    manners and is a proven broodmare. She has a colt by Consul by
    her side, colt NOT selling. She is sound, no vices, all shots current."

She sold for $300. http://www.professionalauction.com/06_PDF/06VHF_res.pdf

Quick search of equineline suggests she may not have JC registered foals.

Wow. You guys are amazing. Really. Thank you so much. It's So strange because my mare was also bred to Consul four different times. Had a filly and three colts. I owned two of the three colts but sold them (still keep close tabs on them). They were all VERY nice hunters. I'm going to dig more deeply into the info you've given me. I can't begin to understand how you found all this! Thank you.