The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Huh, who knew! Doesn't look like they're available in North America, however, although their smaller models are: http://boeckmann-northamerica.com/

One of these days, I'd like to get a tow rig and trailer again. I've been looking around some at prices to get an idea of what I'd need to save for. I have been lusting after the Kingston 2+1.

Shadow makes a very nice insulated 2+1. My horses love it. My huge Danish WB fits easily. It is quite similar to the Jamco but costs a bit less. It's becoming a popular model so inspect them carefully. Some are not made very well.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon's mom View Post
    Shadow makes a very nice insulated 2+1. My horses love it. My huge Danish WB fits easily. It is quite similar to the Jamco but costs a bit less. It's becoming a popular model so inspect them carefully. Some are not made very well.
    Will Do!!! Thats good it's spacious. My horses are always 16.2+ so I like a roomy trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEsq View Post
    One of these days, I'd like to get a tow rig and trailer again. I've been looking around some at prices to get an idea of what I'd need to save for. I have been lusting after the Kingston 2+1.
    I looked at their website. Do they make GN? or just BP?
    Two creatures; The one who thinks and the other who executes the thought.
    ~This is the ideal of Classical Riding~

Shadow

Pembroke, AFAIK, nobody is importing the Traveler series from Böckmann.

Yes they will custom make it with whatever options you want really. We had ours done that way. We didn't want rear tack so all that went in our front dressing area which btw was large, much larger than our old trailer. 3 saddle racks, blanket racks, hooks and still room to get dressed and move around nicely. we got fans plus the padded dividers with the see through panels. Also did the rumber flooring in it. Custom paint job with the merhow horse down the side also. There was so much more we could have added also. Love the dividers stay open own their own and are spring loaded. That has been great. We also added the ramp with the Dutch doors on ours.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

I have a Shadow 2+1 with full living quarters with slide out. LOVE IT! Pulls beautifully. I bought it after a friend has pulled her 2+1 with tackroom to at that time 3 HOY awards so she has put tons of miles on hers & hasn't had any problems at all. I bet she's got over 200,000 miles on hers now since buying it new in 2009. Great trailers. Super insulation, even the ceilings, large windows, standard. Also standard are full rear doors with cam locks & ramp over the doors. I thought that the fold away box stall doors were going to be weak but I've had super huge mares & foals on both sides & no problems with the divider. I love that it folds totally away when unloading out the front. My trailer went to the NAJYRC right after I bought it & it rained cats & dogs every afternoon. Absolutely no leaks anywhere. Tight as a drum. They are not as expensive as the 4-stars but the quality is very good.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfield Farm Hanoverians View Post
    I have a Shadow 2+1 with full living quarters with slide out. LOVE IT! Pulls beautifully. I bought it after a friend has pulled her 2+1 with tackroom to at that time 3 HOY awards so she has put tons of miles on hers & hasn't had any problems at all. I bet she's got over 200,000 miles on hers now since buying it new in 2009. Great trailers. Super insulation, even the ceilings, large windows, standard. Also standard are full rear doors with cam locks & ramp over the doors. I thought that the fold away box stall doors were going to be weak but I've had super huge mares & foals on both sides & no problems with the divider. I love that it folds totally away when unloading out the front. My trailer went to the NAJYRC right after I bought it & it rained cats & dogs every afternoon. Absolutely no leaks anywhere. Tight as a drum. They are not as expensive as the 4-stars but the quality is very good.
    What do you pull your trailer with? I would love LQ....

When/if I ever get a trailer I would love a Balanced Ride:

http://www.balancedridetrailers.com/...k-Dress23.aspx

They're made by Hawk in Wisconsin.

just sold my Kiefer 2+1. I loved it except the size, I didn't like driving it because it was too big. horses loved it and great for camping
    Turn off the computer and go ride!

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Homesteader. Last summer I bought a 2 horse GN but I came within seconds of buying a 2+1. I went to the dealer with the intent to purchase a Hawk. After crawling around and under the Homesteader I was sold.
    Interesting! I saw them at my local Hawk dealer too and was impressed, came home to research, but have not been able to find much info or reviews on them. It's good to hear yours is working out.

Quote Originally Posted by hanoverianlover View Post
    Will Do!!! Thats good it's spacious. My horses are always 16.2+ so I like a roomy trailer.

I looked at their website. Do they make GN? or just BP?
    I think this is their GN version:
    http://www.kingstontrailers.com/html/brunswick.html

ETA: Though I thought I recalled seeing a version with a full divider up front. Maybe I am mixing them up with another brand. Anyway, I don't think I'd really ever use it as a 3H but mostly like the idea of a side ramp for unloading and for transporting extra stuff (hay, shavings, etc., tied down of course) that I wouldn't want to put in the tack room. So, the full box stall divider isn't a necessity for me and creates a lot more length on the trailer when you consider space for escape doors between the 2H part and the box stall.

I have seen the Sundownder, Hawk, and 4 Star 2+1 trailers in person. I really like the Hawk's with the 4 Stars as a close second. I really just like Hawk trailers in general, which is part of it. I would love love love to trade in my 2 horse for a 2+1 but it's not in the cards. *sigh*
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Can someone please post a link to the Shadow 2+1 GN w/ LG? Thank you

I'm not seeing a 2+1 on this site. And since the longest trailer is less than 15 feet long in the box, I don't think I'm mistaken. If you have a photo of the inside of one that is not a 3-horse slant load, I'd love to see it.

Hawke and they will custom order for you.......

Yes, Hawk will fully custom and very easy to work with. Ordered ours from Reesa in SC after COTH referral and it was dropped off at our door in Michigan. Downsized from a Pegasus 6/7 horse air ride and have been very happy with the Hawk.

2 members found this post helpful.

We have a Kiefer 2+1 extended (2' extra in the box, 60" ramp). I highly recommend it. It hauls great, and the horses love it.

http://www.kieferbuiltinc.com/genesisstraightgoose.htm
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles