The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I own an almost 8 year old German Shepherd Dog and a four year old Australian Shepherd. I am currently puppy shopping for a Poodle (large Toy or small Miniature).
    Sheilah
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia
    And
    Sheeple Extraordinaire

Lost both my Cardigan Welsh Corgis this past year - one at 13, the other at 15. Now have a ~3yo Gordon Setter. Holy moly - what a difference!

I have a tiny beagle. She came from a kill shelter in one of the Carolinas. She's itty bitty, same size as my cat!

She's really not a horse show dog--one whiff of something "yummy" and she's gone. No one really assumes anything about me because I have a beagle. She's just a cute small companion dog that I spoil rotten!
    Newbie event rider dreaming of rocking BN with my young OTTB!

Adventures with my Baby TB Blog

1 members found this post helpful.

I currently have a 10 mo. old 30 lb poodle/? mix. Foster mom suspected that the daddy was possibly pit or pit mix, but end result looks something like an overgrown wirehaired terrier, but only in looks, not in personality. He's amazing and shaping into a wonderful agility dog. Great off leash around the barn, but nervous around the horses.

Just recent lost my best buddy of 11 years, a boxer/golden retriever mix that was great around the barn and horses, but I couldn't fully trust off leash not to wander.
    Lindsay

Papillion, Vizsla, and a German Short Haired. They are quite the trio!

presumably a Border Collie mix. Lab? GSD?
    one more for good measure
    his full brother got DNA tested as GSD/Lhasa Apso. But look at him. BC.
    And my parents' dog is a terrier x. Maybe with spaniel? He looks like a small Golden with half the hair.

I have a Miniature Australian Shepherd and a heeler (cattle dog, whatever you want to call him) mix. My family also has German Shepherds and has had Border Collies.

I am in a two-Boxer family and am hoping to make it three soon. My four year old female is recovering from an ACL repair. Once she is rehabbed I have my name on the list at my local Boxer rescue for the oldest, senior boxer they have. I miss having a grey face in the house....

2 members found this post helpful.

I have border terriers. I also have a hunk of a Doberman Pinscher
    (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pscdfdb03a.jpg)

Bernese Mountain Dog - the best bud a horse girl could have!

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...92542717_n.jpg
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

I have a 9-year old male Doberman Pinscher, a Katrina survivor. I lost my 3 1/2 year old female unexpectly to an aneurysm two and a half weeks ago. Jack, my dog, is grieving, and I'm trying to find another girl for him---for us both.

Four of my previous Dobermans came from a local "will-kill" shelter, but it's been taken over and is run now by a "rescue" which doesn't. I haven't seen a Doberman in there in years. Three more of more Dobermans, including the one I recently lost, were "re-homes." One, the second dog I've ever owned, came from a backyard breeder.

I've never gone through an "official" Doberman rescue before, but I may. It's just so hard, the loss so fresh, but my boy dog would be happy to welcome a new girl into our home.
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

Georgia road hounds! aka, mutts that I found on the road (3 of my 4 dogs) one seems to be a manchester terrier X, one is pit/lab X, one is lab/hound X and my big bully mix was from high kill shelter. My favorite full breed is a GSD though will probably never own one at this point. All are great farm dogs, though the big bully mix is mostly house dog, not allowed out with the others, he gets into too much trouble when other dogs are around!

2 basenjis

Quote Originally Posted by RHdobes563 View Post
    I have a 9-year old male Doberman Pinscher, a Katrina survivor. I lost my 3 1/2 year old female unexpectly to an aneurysm two and a half weeks ago. Jack, my dog, is grieving, and I'm trying to find another girl for him---for us both.
    It is always a hard thing to lose them at any age, but especially so, it seems, with a young and apparently healthy one, it is such a shock. I am very sorry for your loss.

I have 3 Scottish Deerhounds...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

And 2 Chinese Crested - the Hairy Hairless variety..
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

My horses are Nokotas & Spanish Mustang crosses. Clearly, I don't do normal...

2 members found this post helpful.

I own a Border Collie Mix http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...dogs/Raven.jpg
    and an Australian Shepherd. http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/IMG_5434.jpg
    I also have an elderly yorkie that belonged to my daughter, her 5 pound Pomeranian and her Heinz 57 mutt all living at my house. http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/IMG_5056.jpg
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

I have two mini Doxies, two Poms, a Bearded Collie, an English Bull Terrier and a Pit/Rotti mix. Yes, it's loud at my house. LOL!
    RIP Full Metal Jacket "Jack" 1998 -2/27/09
    RIP Salisbury Hill "Ted" 1979-4/2/10
    "God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of" -Springsteen

Border Collie
    Australian Cattle Dog
    Plott Hound
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Houndhill View Post
    It is always a hard thing to lose them at any age, but especially so, it seems, with a young and apparently healthy one, it is such a shock. I am very sorry for your loss.
    Thank you. Spicy was a doll, and we miss her.
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

English Mastiff
    I LOVE my Chickens!