The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wayside View Post
    Whatever this thing is: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

Shelter thought she might be a Lab/Schnauzer cross, which seems plausible.
    German Wirehaired Pointer?

StG

1 members found this post helpful.

A shelter mutt (probably some sort of lab mix). A pit mix (mom was full blooded, dad was who knows). A full blooded American Pit Bull Terrier. And another shelter dog that is more than likely a full blooded Carolina Dog (or Carolina Dingo). The CD has her story here somewhere... she was my pregnant foster that had 10 pups and then came down with distemper. Only her and one pup made it. And she became a foster failure. The pit mix and the Dingo are my 'barn dogs' (as in they are the ones who go to the barn with me-private barn/just me).

More accurately I am now owned by a 9 mo old Boston Terrier. He's our first puppy, first purebred and first small breed. Previously we have had large, shelter dogs with behavioral problems. We loved our last lab mix, but he hated car rides and never did learn to play well with others -- so we wanted to try something different.

Like a few other posters on Menagerie - we are switching from horses to dogs... Fingers crossed that I will learn training well enough to get into agility. Working on 'stay' but the adolescent has attention issues.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Yappy Pappy, aka Papillion
    Now my husband calls ours a Poopillon. She is a poop. http://s272.photobucket.com/user/JMA...l?sort=6&o=154

She's all farm doggie! Best barn dog of the lot we have here at home.

My JRT rescue ended up being a couch potato and the Soft-Coated Wheaton is a total woofer.
    Last edited by pony grandma; Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

I have one Aussie, one Blackmouth Cur, one Great Pyrenees, one chi/dach mutt of some sort, one Golden Retriever mutt of some sort, and a German Shepherd.

Yes, I am somewhat crazy.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

I have what is supposedly a St. Bernard/heeler cross. He looks like a streamlined, non-drooling St. Bernard. My friend/barn partner has a boxer and a fox red lab. She used to breed Russell Terriers and Hunt Terriers.

When I think of dogs associated with horse people, I think of Aussies/heelers, corgis and Jack Russells. But right now I don't have any horse friends that have any of these breeds, I don't think!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

2 smooth collies

Rat terrier, that was to be my next obedience and agility dog, but had a hock injury, so we never went too far with it.

Allergic to dogs, rat terriers are very easy to keep clean wiped down regularly.

I have Lab/Golden cross.

My barn has a mix of Labs, Border Collies, Australian Shepards, Boxers, terriers of some sort, and my trainer just got a Silken Windhound. We're eclectic, apparently!

Three Poms. Had to put my GSD down last year. In the past we have had Goldens, Pit Bulls, Rotties and mutts.

We have an adult Jack Russell and a young Lab/Pit mix. The JRT thinks he is the big dog in the house (well, the world!) and the Lab/Pit thinks he is a little cuddly lap dog. Despite their identity crisis, they are awesome.

4 members found this post helpful.

Used to have JRT's, Now i have 2 Chinese Crested Powder Puffs, and 3 American Hairless Terriers ( hairless Rat terriers)

A Golden Retriever, a lab/great dane/shepherd mix, and a mostly German Shorthair Pointer. She might have a smidge of hound in there somewhere.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

That Briard is too much! The personification of "What?!" Too cute!
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

2 members found this post helpful.

A Weimaraner, a mostly redbone hound that looks to have a bit of boxer, and a mixed breed, about fifty pound, your guess is as good as mine.

A Pit Bull and what we guess is a Pit Bull/Vizsla cross, he came out of a purebred Pit, but looks almost 100% Vizsla. We just lost one of ours, our token black dog (mostly Pit), right before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by snydere02 View Post
    I had a construction worker at my home repairing a few windows when he noticed I owned a corgi. Because I don't keep my horses at my house, he said, "you must have horses". I found it very funny that with a Pembroke Welsh Corgi some people would assume I have horses. I was curious what the other horse people owned and what was popular in other states. In Ohio, I notice cattle dogs, Aussies, Corgis, and maybe a few toy breeds at horse shows.

So, what kind of dog do you own?
    Funny! I always have the same thought but I take it a step further... Corgis = dressage rider and Jack Russels = eventer in my mind

I have a cattle dog/pittie mix.

JRT and a rescue Chihuahua .

GSD for me. He likes to school dressage with us.

The barn dogs are (in order of descending size): Great Pyr, Catahoula, "American Brown Dog" terrier mix, the long-legged black chihuahua-looking mix, and the black papillion/chi mix.