The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Flashing well, um you-know

There was a recent thead regarding wangs/ding-dongs, or however we are supposed to call them on a public website. lol.

Anyway, when I was riding tonight I could tell that the girth needed to be tightened after my warm-up so I dismounted to take care of that. In the process of tightening the girth, I noticed that my horse was flashing his wang and it was like, hard. Does this mean he had to pee really badly? My horse almost always pees only in his stall. Probably a carry-over from his days at the track where (I think) they learn not to pee anywhere but in their stalls.

I ask because I wonder if a horse needs to pee really badly can they end up feeling as uncomfortable as people do when they try to hold it?

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Anyway, when I was riding tonight I could tell that the girth needed to be tightened after my warm-up so I dismounted to take care of that. In the process of tightening the girth, I noticed that my horse was flashing his wang and it was like, hard.
    Warm up to you..Foreplay to him, perhaps?
    Crayola Posse: Mulberry

Penis. It's called a penis. In this case, an erect penis.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    So right!
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

2 members found this post helpful.

Don’t know how it works with horses but this is usually the case with men in the morning after a long deep sleep and beer was involved the night before. Especially long married men. There is a “street term” for it.

But he's a gelding. I didn't think he was supposed to think about that stuff. lol

1 members found this post helpful.

I am disappointed. I thought it was some weird guy flashing you.
    Some years back someone sent me an animation of a flasher guy opening his rain coat and flashing an older woman. You only saw him from the back. Anyhow she looks, points and laughs like crazy. Flasher guy slinks away.

I plan to do this like she did if I ever get flashed. Bet that would cure him.forever.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

3 members found this post helpful.

My guy still slaps his belly with his all the time. He was gelded 10 years ago.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    I ask because I wonder if a horse needs to pee really badly can they end up feeling as uncomfortable as people do when they try to hold it?
    I would imagine so, yes - their bladders are innervated and other species, such as cats, which are more prone to urinary blockages due to stones or urethral spasm seem to be very painful during these episodes. It would certainly explain a dressage test I had a number of years ago which was pointedly tense...the horse in question flooded the parking lot afterwards and was much more relaxed. I think we would have scored several percent higher if he had done it in the warm-up ring.

Even geldings can get sexually aroused, get erections, and masturbate. A friend was reminded of this at an event while I was grooming for her; her gelding apparently liked his new saddle pad, which was making its debut at this event, and he started going to town as we were tacking up for each phase. The worst part was standing with him next to the BN SJ ring while she, a couple other adults, and about 500 little girls walked the course.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    '

LOL, well in Atlanta, with humans, it was called "wand waving." And yes, lots of men in Atlanta flashed their penises, downtown in parks in daylight, and on interstate overpasses. Another driving hazard besides snow and ice.
    Cloudy will do that when he sees a mare, unless I'm on him. When he was younger, and showing, he was fine in the ring, but outside the ring, he would wave at all the mares. And talk. Everyone thought he was a stud, including Cloudy.
    There's nothing to worry about OP. Uness he cannot quit "waving" his penis. Then call the vet.

Weiner Weiner Weiner! No, he does not have to pee.

My gelding "loves" me very much and flashes it at me quite a lot. Usually during grooming or blanketing. Sometimes it's just hanging and other times it is hard and slapping his belly. I have never seen him do this when he had to pee - only when he is... extra happy.
    ~*~*~*~Founding member of the Spotted Saddlebred Pals Clique~*~*~*~

The equine love of my life: Gabriel

Tell me again why mares have a stigma and geldings don't, despite their gross behavior??

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh, you mean the dinglefritz!

AKA: the 'fifth leg', the 'belly-boinker,' and the 'kick-stand'