The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Coth Generosity-Equi-Tee Mfg and twelvegates

I’m overwhelmed by the generosity I’ve recently been party to from a couple of COTH posters.

A while ago there was a thread about ‘What would you like invented?’ I said a pitchfork with closer tines than the standard but without an awkward basket like the fork that came out when pelleted bedding was first introduced. Another COTH member, twelvegates, posted the website of ‘http://www.equiteemfg.com and suggesting I look into their Mini-Tine fork. I did and I really liked what I saw.

Shortly after that, I get a Private Message from the owner of Equi-Tee Mfg offering me free shipping as I had expressed an interest in their fork. The fork is manufactured in OR and I’m in NY so shipping probably would have been expensive. The very next day he sent me another PM stating that he had written to twelvegates to thank her for posting about their products and offering her a free fork.

Twelvegates in turn wrote back stating she already owned one, the Shakin’ Forks and it was her best purchase ever. Twelvegates then requested he give the fork to me as she was aware I may possibly be having some very significant health issues as she had seen another thread I had started.

I don’t know about you, but I certainly consider that a very generous offer! Twelvegates and I have never met or even corresponded before on COTH or elsewhere. The same with the owner of Equi-Tee Mfg.

I’m amazed at the generosity, kindness, graciousness, thoughtfulness, consideration, and a zillion more adjectives to describe both Equi-Tee Mfg owner and twelvegates.

The new fork came Tuesday. I took it out to the barn on Wednesday and proceeded to put it to good use. It was just slightly heavier than my standard ‘Future Fork’ but the ergonomic design and handle made it very easy to use. I’d say that within 24 hrs of use, I’m very comfortable handling it. Did I mention it actually has a ‘real’ handle? The fiberglass shaft is probably what makes it ever so slightly heavier but so much stronger. I have a feeling that the fork is going to outlive me. I think I need to add it to the list of things I’m willing my trainer when I die along with my saddle and a lot of other horse-related items. ?

I really want to say thank you to the owner of Equi-Tee Mfg and twelvegates for their gift and ‘Hat’s Off’ to 2 very kind individuals.

I now need to find a way to ‘pay this kindness forward’.

How about some of you other posters? Do you have a reason to thank COTH members for their generosity? I know of many kind gestures from COTH members so let’s read about it. It will be a welcome relief to see something nice rather than the snarkyness that some posters come to this board to spread. If you have something snarky to say, please go somewhere else. This thread should be for positive feedback ONLY. Thank you.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

20 members found this post helpful.

Very cool story!! Made me smile.

1 members found this post helpful.

Kind, thoughtful people still exist! Wonderful story. The COTH community is a beautiful one, isn't it?

2 members found this post helpful.

I am an old, original poster from back in the early 2000s (don't let my name fool you, my "names" through the years are legion. I have always been so delighted by the kindness and generosity displayed by COTH members. From Choco-mare and her Secret Santa club to the post 9-11 rescue of a horse from the kill pen at New Holland, to the Aiden Auction, COTH members have come through time after time. What a great thread, thanks so much for posting!

4 members found this post helpful.

It's people like this that restore my faith in humanity. Huge round of applause and a toast (with a cup of my best tea) to the generous individuals!
    Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!

Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe

I've received quite a bit of moral support regarding the issues my old guy has had from a Cother with another old guy. It's not as impressive as OP's story but it makes ME feel better and I'm sure the old guy too.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    I've received quite a bit of moral support regarding the issues my old guy has had from a Cother with another old guy. It's not as impressive as OP's story but it makes ME feel better and I'm sure the old guy too.

ReSomething, you can't beat the old guys. I bought my farm just so I had a place to bury my 'first' old guy. He gave me 8 yrs of enjoyment and I was able to give him 8 yrs of retirement in the style that he deserved. He's got a couple more 'old guys' buried in the back pasture along with him. And I still have a wonderful old guy of 25 keeping my old guy of 22 company. Somehow they manage to hang in there a lot longer than you think.

Glad you shared your story.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Very cool
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Received an amazing gift at Christmas from a COTHer - totally unexpected, and very much needed and appreciated.

Can't say enough about the special people here.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I think Equitee deserves the credit here! What a great businessman, to notice that his company was mentioned on a website, and then offer a free product. And I have to give some serious "props' to the Shake'n Fork, which is absolutely wonderful.
    Nothing with horses is ever easy or cheap. And if it is, you're doing it wrong. They always rip out part of your soul when they leave. I guess that's how they find us later.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvegates View Post
    I think Equitee deserves the credit here! What a great businessman, to notice that his company was mentioned on a website, and then offer a free product. And I have to give some serious "props' to the Shake'n Fork, which is absolutely wonderful.
    twelvegates, you both do deserve the credit for your kindness, thoughtfulness, etc.

I really do understand why you love your fork. The balance is great and it's so incredibly well made. To make a comparison, it's built like a brick outhouse! It will last forever. I honestly do think it will outlive both of us!
    Sue

Yes Sue -- Before I learned of her evil powers, my Houdini horse let herself and all of her friends into the barn aisle. After a night of partying--which probably included lampshades on their heads--I noticed they had tromped on my treasured Shake'n Fork. It required a little first aid, but is still working perfectly. I'm not so generous as you. Rather than willing it to anyone, I plan to be cremated with it.
    Nothing with horses is ever easy or cheap. And if it is, you're doing it wrong. They always rip out part of your soul when they leave. I guess that's how they find us later.