The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nhwr View Post

Rape is sexual contact, specifically intercourse, without the consent of the victim. If you think a 7 year old child is competent to consent to sexual contact with a father figure, I just really don't know what to say.

If what is alleged to have happened actually happened, it certainly was rape.
    oh my....intercourse without consent, yes, fondling, no....

17 yo are hardly innocent children...I do believe they are 'legal'
    and they have been married for 16 years now....shame on them, right.

I didn't follow this drama, made for Lifetime....but sheesh, like it never EVER happened that a scorned woman used the children to get even with the ex.
    A 17 yo, even of Asian heritage is hardly the same as an 8yo!

I don't care for the movies they made, together or apart.
    Listening to all the 'he said - she said' all I can think of is that a generation of therapists got stupid rich on that family. They are all dysfunctional.

Father figure? Seriously? The man never spend a night in their house! effed up situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I didn't follow this drama, made for Lifetime....but sheesh, like it never EVER happened that a scorned woman used the children to get even with the ex.
    A 17 yo, even of Asian heritage is hardly the same as an 8yo!
    This isn't about Soon-Yi, so much as it is about Dylan Farrell, who was 7/8 at the time she alleges she was abused/fondled/pickyourterm.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

2 members found this post helpful.

Mia Farrow met Frank Sinatra when she was 11. Her father was sleeping with Ava Gardner, Sinatra's wife, at the time. Their affair began on their second date, when she was 19 and he was 49.

http://thisrecording.com/today/2011/...k-sinatra.html

Scroll down to see the pictures of them together.

They remained close until his death, and Farrow claims their physical relationship continued as well, that Ronan is probably his son.

Alagirl, I have two family members who got caught up in abuse allegations mid- divorce. My BIL lost his job in law enforcement. They reconciled and are still married, but the allegations ruined his career. All because she was mad at him.

Add McMartin and Little Rascals pre-school into your database, and sure, there's plenty of room for doubt.
    A helmet saved my life.

2015 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    This isn't about Soon-Yi, so much as it is about Dylan Farrell, who was 7/8 at the time she alleges she was abused/fondled/pickyourterm.
    That was for all those who pointed at his relationship with Soon-Yi as proof that he fondled an 8 yo....as you said, that is not the same issue.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Anybody remember the knife-filled Valentine's Day card Mia gave Woody after she found out about Soon-Yi? http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1605686

Ahh yes, its okay that he goes after underage girls, because other men in power have as well.

I am not saying Mia isn't a load of crazy (although I interpret that card as knives through their hearts - like he broke all of their hearts by sleeping with their daughter / sister etc).

Fine - some people must see no problem with adult men going after child age girls. I personally do not think it is "right" and point to the astonishing number of children that are molested in this country, often by a "friend of the family" or a direct family member.

Father figure? Seriously? The man never spend a night in their house! effed up situation.
    Woody Allen is Dylan Farrow's adopted father. He is legally her father, and was involved with her mother for 12 years. Yes, father figure.

4 members found this post helpful.

People mag has an article about this in the most recent publication. Interesting list of photographs of the Allen and Farrow traveling about Europe with the "kids". If nothing else it shows the kids would have seen Allen as the SO of Farrow.

As to the molestation charges - Farrow's daughter states it happened. She went throught therapy and decades later still states he molested her.

Not unusual for a child's statement about molestation, which is hard to prove, to be questioned even by family members. Farrow, for better or worse, is supporting her daughter. She is far from perfect, but that does not absolve Allen from is mistakes.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Ahh yes, its okay that he goes after underage girls, because other men in power have as well.

I am not saying Mia isn't a load of crazy (although I interpret that card as knives through their hearts - like he broke all of their hearts by sleeping with their daughter / sister etc).

Fine - some people must see no problem with adult men going after child age girls. I personally do not think it is "right" and point to the astonishing number of children that are molested in this country, often by a "friend of the family" or a direct family member.

Woody Allen is Dylan Farrow's adopted father. He is legally her father, and was involved with her mother for 12 years. Yes, father figure.
    17 isn't under age, on the borderline but legal

and father figure was coined toward Soon-Yi, not Dylan...

and I am not commenting on whether or not he did fondle the child, I said it is not new that the scorned Ex pulled the child abuser card from the bottom of the deck.

Not to mention, with 15 kids of various ages in her house hold, he picks ONE? At a time they break up? Child molesters don't just start at age 40, with temptation around them!

Of course, somewhere in the bro code, you don't go up, down or sideways in the family tree....
    GNU Terry Prachett

Yes - Mia Farrow may have had a history of pairing with men her father's age. The errors of the mother should not be held against her daughter or used as a reason to blame victims. That is faulty logic and unfair.

Woody Allen has a lot of power in the industry and is not afraid to use it against his detractors. His lawyer going on the offensive in so many media outlets makes it all very clear on what happens to victims of very powerful people.

Woody Allen HAD VERY INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR with his step daughter. For years. He continued to try to contact her in inappropriate ways throughout her life - even when she was still a minor and then as soon as she became an adult. Dylan did not want any contact with him - and he ignored her requests.

Doesn't that speak volumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Yes - Mia Farrow may have had a history of pairing with men her father's age. The errors of the mother should not be held against her daughter or used as a reason to blame victims. That is faulty logic and unfair.

Woody Allen has a lot of power in the industry and is not afraid to use it against his detractors. His lawyer going on the offensive in so many media outlets makes it all very clear on what happens to victims of very powerful people.

Woody Allen HAD VERY INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR with his step daughter. For years. He continued to try to contact her in inappropriate ways throughout her life - even when she was still a minor and then as soon as she became an adult. Dylan did not want any contact with him - and he ignored her requests.

Doesn't that speak volumes?
    what were the inappropriate ways?

You know, it cuts both ways. Child molestation is a rather serious allegation, for one there is really no defense. It sticks, in truth or lie.
    As adoptive father, assuming he was wronged, should he not reach out to this child, person?

I don't really care one way or another, really.
    I found the story one of the estranged sons told rather damming in terms of Mia Farrow's personality.
    Manipulative mothers? Also not a new concept.
    Of course, I feel sorry for Dylan, either which way, she was wronged by a parent, something that should never happen to a child!
    GNU Terry Prachett

Of course, I feel sorry for Dylan
    Yes, your posts ooze empathy, and concern

what were the inappropriate ways?

You know, it cuts both ways. Child molestation is a rather serious allegation, for one there is really no defense. It sticks, in truth or lie.
    As adoptive father, assuming he was wronged, should he not reach out to this child, person?

I don't really care one way or another, really.
    I found the story one of the estranged sons told rather damming in terms of Mia Farrow's personality.
    Manipulative mothers? Also not a new concept.
    Of course, I feel sorry for Dylan, either which way, she was wronged by a parent, something that should never happen to a child!
    Sorry - I am not going to get into it with you. I have had experience on both sides of child molestation via close and distant relatives. And the cops. And the courts. Know both the minors / victims and the accused. Yes, it's messy. Yes accusations can be false. But there are a few rules - one is that when a child requests that the person the child accuses of molesting them to not contact them, then the person should not contact them. Period. Allen did not do what the child and then adult requested.

Some of what you write and state doesn't pass muster in the child molestation community. But you have an axe to grind, so maybe you have been scarred too by the system and it's flaws.

Lawyers are beyond nasty and I have seen them do a number on the kids and the accused - vile things said in a courtroom. With the victims present. I don't trust Allen's lawyers for anything. They will stoop to anything to blame the victim.

They remained close until his death, and Farrow claims their physical relationship continued as well, that Ronan is probably his son.
    As much as I tend to be on Mia's side on this, I think the Ronan/Frank's son story is probably revenge Mia Farrow poppycock merely to further distance them from Woody Allen. Sure, Ronan can look like Frank and he does have blue eyes - so does Mia - but if you look at photos of a young Mia Farrow at the same age as Ronan is, they look EXACTLY alike. Exactly.

17 isn't under age, on the borderline but legal

and father figure was coined toward Soon-Yi, not Dylan...

and I am not commenting on whether or not he did fondle the child, I said it is not new that the scorned Ex pulled the child abuser card from the bottom of the deck.

Not to mention, with 15 kids of various ages in her house hold, he picks ONE? At a time they break up? Child molesters don't just start at age 40, with temptation around them!

Of course, somewhere in the bro code, you don't go up, down or sideways in the family tree....
    And some people wonder why children do not speak up about molestation. Yup, unless the kid has complete proof - the adult, especially a well thought of adult, is innocent.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

6 members found this post helpful.

OK so one of the many kids (I never can keep straight where all of Mia's kids came from), an asian boy, back years ago said that his sister Dylan was molested by Allen. Now he's changes his tune. This happens with children when they are torn between parents, not only in child molestation cases, but also when one parent murders another parent. I've seen it happen in court. Kids realize they have to live with the parent who did the crime. Or they get bribed. Children are molested every day by their own parents much less by their stepparents. One case I had, a 16 yr old with a baby was taken in and married by a much older man. When wife was getting "old," late 20s or so, and her dau was 14 or 15, the now adoptive father was screwing his daughter. When I talked to them, the daughter and her mother did not want the guy to go to jail, because he promised to buy her a Mercedes when she turned 16, and the girl didn't want to screw up that gift! The mental and emotional issues with the mother, who was discarded sexually but not financially by her husband for her daughter but still wanted to remain taken care of since he had money, and her daughter, who wanted her Mercedes, were too complicated. The guy got probation. I'm sure he later dumped the dau when she got "too old" for him for someone younger.
    I dated a doctor who was called as a character witness for the guy who was the head of the medical association my guy belonged to. My guy had custody of his 3 kids since he'd married a rich drunk, so he got custody and took care of his kids. The guy who was director of the medical association was young, and was divorced from his own young wife and they had a 2 yr old daughter. when the daughter came back each time from visitation with her father, she had physical indications of sexual abuse. We're talking vaginal issues. Since my guy was friends with the defendant, he was subpoenaed as a character witness. This case was assigned to a judge not mine, and had a guy trying the case. I said uh Dick, if one of your kids when younger had come home from visitation with these injuries, would you want someone to testify for the defendant? Dick bailed out of being a character witness. The medical association director was tried but the jury mistried the case. His claim was that his ex-wife was making up the story. Dude, the little girl had physical injuries to her vagina. The guy in my office chose not to retry the case as the defendant agreed to not have unsupervised visitation with his daughter for 5 yrs. And he said he was going to go to law school. I don't know whether or not he did go to law school as my guy Dick no longer spent any time with him.
    Child molesters are everywhere! Over in Dekalb County, a child psychologist was finally outed when a search warrant was issued and pictures were found hidden showing him with little boys in sex acts. No one had believed the "disturbed" boys against a popular child psychologist. One of my potential jurors after that said he had sent his child to that psychologist and had thought the guy was wonderful till the pictures were found. The defense in my child molestation case struck that juror, but all my potential jurors got to hear that the guy (or woman) that you admire in a profession could be a child molester. They come in all professions and all colors and creeds.

3 members found this post helpful.

FWIW here is the vanity fair 1992 article (if it has not been linked earlier) http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...a-ronan-farrow

Here is Child Abuse Investigator’s take on the allegations. His point is that how the investigation was performed and handled in 1993 had many grave errors - with the child the victim of the system and the attorneys. It's incredible what the kid was subjected to.

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/02/a-...n-farrow-case/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...t-so-fast.html

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ion=Body&_r=0

In a nutshell, all Woody Allen's recent accolades as well as the growing fame of his son, Ronan (Satchel) Farrow have triggered a repetition of the allegations of molestation Allen faced back in 1992 and 1993.

Where you stand may depend on whose account you read first. I read the NY Times first, which is pretty damning. But then after reading the Daily Beast, I have reconsidered.
    You know, I didn't care about any of these people back in the day and I still don't. They'll either make their day in court if something really can be substantiated, and if not, it's filler for slow news days in the media IMO.

ETA: That pretty much goes for all the drama/chaos/confusion/strife I hear about "celebrities", with few exceptions. I really like Mel Gibson movies but I also don't give a fig about his "issues". If he makes another good movie, I'll still see it.
    Proud Member of the "I Don't Do Facebook" Clique

Default Copy Of The Actual Judge's Ruling

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danny-...b_4746866.html

It was as I recalled from all those years ago. It didn't paint Woody Allen in the best light.
    Sheilah
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia
    And
    Sheeple Extraordinaire

2 members found this post helpful.