The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Postin' Across the Fence Post: Is horses welcome here? If so, I got a story for y'all

Howdy and tally ho, y'all. I already told the hunt pasture forum corral folks about this, but they suggested maybe I mosey across the fenceline into this here off the course pasture, to tell the folks here about this, too.

I hear tell I ain't the first horse here. Y'all had that big foreign dude with the warm blood and the real good view of horselife, Willem?

Well, I ain't him. I could never even fill his horse shoes -- for real, on account of he was a big'un, and I am more proper ranch sized.

Anyhow, If a horse might be allowed to take part around these parts, kindly allow me to introduce myself. Name's Whiskey. I'm a horse, if that ain't obvious. I'm retired from ranch work, livin' the dream as a backyard pet pleasure horse on the County Island. And I like to stand around in the shade and tell mostly entirely true tales.

Y'all might not hear a whole lot from me, on account of I ain't all obsessed with the "social media" like some of them younger horses that got to tell the little blue birds to Tweet the news every time they take a --- nap. Nap's the word.

So, among all the things I do, sometimes I get rode out with one of your fancy-pants "hunt clubs" and such.

I'd be much obliged if y'all would peruse my latest tale about the "hunt club." If ya read it, you'll likely understand why I use my ironical horse ear "quotation marks" to say "hunt club."

Thanks kindly! I hope you'll hark yourselves right over to it. I got a lot more tales I already told over there, too.

Whiskey

http://countyisland.wordpress.com/20...bit-runaround/

3 members found this post helpful.

Don't know about that post and poster, but just in case, beware of strange links.

While all may be on the level, who wants to see if it has some malware included in that, one more way spammers are trying to get to you?

Better let the Moderator vet that one out first.

Reported, just in case it is a spammer.

1 members found this post helpful.

Howdy, Bluey,

While, as a level-headed horse, I surely do appreciate a healthy suspicion of new things, I can assure you I ain't a spam. I am a bonafide real horse who tells bonafide real stories. Y'all can ask the Mister Google Cowboy, who knows everythin', if he knows me and my County Island story-blog ranch.

And I been vetted kinda recently. Got poked with my fall shots, got my hocks lubed up, and all my teeth got pronounced good to go, even the one that's kinda wiggly and loose. I ain't carryin' no malware viruses nor the strangles.

Best horse regards,
    Whiskey

Bluey, Whiskey is an old friend, has been an Equestrian Social Media Awards finalist, and the link is to his absolutely wonderful website. He is not a spammer at all.

Whiskey, thank you for the kind words about Willem
    EDDIE WOULD GO

6 members found this post helpful.

And a charming voice you have, Whiskey. Chime in when you need to.

Good to know.
    Hope they also checked for beans.

Welcome.

3 members found this post helpful.

>Hope they also checked for beans.

Well, that's a terrible thing to say to a horse!!

But thanks for the welcome. No hard feelin's, neither.

And thanks for the kind words, Miss Coreene. I ain't a horse to go around bein' boastful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Good to know.

Welcome.

Fun, fun, funny. Just read your rabbit hunting tale
    Welcome to you.
    I look forward to reading more.

Oh, one more thing. Your name may be Whiskey Ranch Horse, but I'm thinking of you as Bwana Bean now. Sorry, can't help it, but I have love in my heart. When a bucket gal snorts, haws, and makes a toothy face, it's a good thing.
    Bluey- you're one sharp cookie

Went to the site. nothing found.
    Another killer of threads

Well now, Stink-Bug-on-a-Leaf, that's an awful thing to call a horse.

And Miss Larksmom, I'll take you're always a special ray of sunshine, and I mean that in the most kindest way possible that a horse can mean it, sincerely. If any more of y'all is havin' trouble findin' my words, maybe y'all could use all them flexible and bendy people-fingers ya got to "click," as the young horses say, at the very tip-top. Or, ya can try this here thing instead. This'll get 'er done most directly. http://countyisland.wordpress.com/20...bit-runaround/

Mr. Whiskey, I hope you don't mind me saying that my favorite story you wrote is about the first time the bucket gal tried to put you in that rolling horse box. She pulled on the lead rope, and you planted your feet and prepared to stand there all day keeping that rope taut, like a good ranch broke horse should. I'm sure glad you were patient with her and let her figure out that like many horses and more people, the best way to get you to follow is to leave a little slack in the rope.

LOL! I've been keeping up with Whiskey's blog for years. He is hilarious, quick- witted and a gorgeous palomino. Welcome, Whiskey!

2 members found this post helpful.

I, too, have been reading Whiskey's blog for years. Glad to see you here, Whiskey!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Hi Whiskey and welcome. I just read your 'bad beagle round-up' and loved it! Am looking forward to reading more.

Good to know.

Welcome.
    If you have one, I'm not going after it!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    If you have one, I'm not going after it!
    After I posted that, I had to haul a gelding to the vet for teeth floating and all other, including sheath cleaning.
    That was in my mind, when the OP listed all he had done, but missed that little important detail.

My gelding was fine, no problems there.

After I posted that, I had to haul a gelding to the vet for teeth floating and all other, including sheath cleaning.
    That was in my mind, when the OP listed all he had done, but missed that little important detail.

My gelding was fine, no problems there.
    In the spring when I have the vet out for dental, wellness exam, blood work, and rabies shot (I do all the other shots), I figure as long as they are sedated for dental, it's worth it to me to spend $20 to have his sheath cleaned and let the vet get any beans!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Whiskey, your blog is awesome . My mom has been having a great time reading it. Very, very funny!

But about the beans...and sheath cleaning...is it a problem if I actually like this? I'm so embarrassed, and my mom will only clean me when the barn is empty because I like it.

Signed,

Embarrassed right horse.
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...