The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Craigslist 5yr old TB cross Pony Mare Free to good home (Shoemakersville )

Another one on my local craigslist.

http://reading.craigslist.org/grd/4272807249.html

Baby girl is a 5yr old TB cross mare. She is 14hands and super cute. Has great ground manners and is good for vet and farrier. She is not broke to ride. I got her as a project but I have just to many horses and need to downsize. She is UTD on vetting and has a current Coggins. She does have rain rot that I am treating but letting potential new homes know about it. 100% sound. She is free to a good home but must sign no auction contact.

Located in Shoemakersville PA
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Boy if I was closer and sounder I would snap her up. She may not look flashy right now but if a person can picture her muscled up, mane pulled, and shed out I think they would have a steal of a deal on their hands as if she sticks at 14h now she should stay under 14.2h and be able to do the ponies. If it were me I would pull her mane, put a bridle on her, and have her standing in a hunter stance, along with some free jumping pics or video. It only takes a few extra min,and I think with that breed cross, her color, and size you would have her snatched up by a person looking for a project in a week. Honestly, if she were in WI I would be coming to see her this weekend, my own soundness be darned!

2 members found this post helpful.

I will pass this on to a pony person I know. The second picture makes her conformation look awkward. Agree with getting a better picture.

Editing to add - I get it now you were quoting the writer.
    Last edited by Flying Hippotamus; Jan. 20, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

Why are the ones I like so far away??

Looks like this one could be a real diamond in the rough She'll be so cute filled out and muscled up.

If somebody is interested I can help with trailering.
    If you aren't local I could try to contact the CL poster and go take additional pictures if they can't/won't.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

She'd make a lovely combined driving prospect too, or kid pony. She has a nice kind eye and conformation doesn't look too bad- like was said above with groceries and muscle she'd be very pretty. Wish I wasn't on the other side of the country!