The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by HorsefaceDee View Post
    Calling the cops.
    AMEN! Then post and tell us what happens AFTER you talk to them!

For anyone who thinks he might be keeping tabs on this board...she lives in a multiple family housing area, to recap, so if he knows she has a horse she has MUCH larger problems then him following this discussion on the board.

I hope the cops can sort this out, I don't want it being the idea to help spawn another Law & Order SVU episode. Like the show but don't like what happens to people in real life to make such shows able to be plotted out.
    Proud Member of the "I Don't Do Facebook" Clique

Calling you from an unknown number is so far beyond creepy... Having been told multiple times to stop contacting you and then going to the extent of calling you from a different number just pole-vaulted him into full-on stalker.

3 members found this post helpful.

no just this last phone call half an hour ago. I know it sounds like a big dramatic thing, I just need to hear the voice of reason. I am so afraid of confrontation even with stranger...it will get me in trouble.

I called the cops at 2am this morning b/c I heard people at the vacant house next door. Officer Friendly arrived in about 3 minutes and emphatically suggested that the former (now evicted) tenants move on. Much better than me approaching them and asking WTF they were doing there.

If you're that afraid of conflict, let the professionals deal with it. Besides, the cops get paid whether anyone calls them or not. Put your tax dollars to good use.

He obviously has either blocked his phone for caller ID, or bought a burner phone (a no contract cell without owner ID) to bother you. This is not a joke, and I'm glad you're calling the cops. This man is a stalker, and potentially dangerous. He may be awkward or clueless as well, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a few dead bodies in the freezer either. Don't take chances, and take this seriously. You need to tell anyone you know in the building about this, and definitely the management office. I'm betting you won't be the first time someone reported him to the police either.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rothmpp View Post
    Calling you from an unknown number is so far beyond creepy... Having been told multiple times to stop contacting you and then going to the extent of calling you from a different number just pole-vaulted him into full-on stalker.
    No, he was never (prior to half an hour ago) told to stop contacting her.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    He obviously has either blocked his phone for caller ID, or bought a burner phone (a no contract cell without owner ID) to bother you. This is not a joke, and I'm glad you're calling the cops. This man is a stalker, and potentially dangerous. He may be awkward or clueless as well, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a few dead bodies in the freezer either. Don't take chances, and take this seriously. You need to tell anyone you know in the building about this, and definitely the management office. I'm betting you won't be the first time someone reported him to the police either.
    He's not that clueless if he's calling her from a blocked number. Everybody needs to be clued in at this point now, like you said.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTRider View Post
    No, he was never (prior to half an hour ago) told to stop contacting her.
    That's right...half the peeps on here were suggesting it, but it wasn't done.

Stalker.

I don't understand the reluctance of the OP to call the PD. When I first moved to my home I discovered quickly that I had a creepy neighbor who was obviously mental, who I tried to just ignore too but it escalated to the point he slipped some creepy, incoherent, rambling 3 page handwritten letter under my front door at midnight. I went straight to PD with letter in hand and when I showed the dispatcher she said "_____ is your neighbor??" which is when I knew I did the right thing and wished I hadn't waited so long. I had moved in next door to the village crazy and everyone knew except me.

None of us want to look like hysterical females (or males too), who can't handle things by ourselves. We've all been taught to be too nice, and to let people who ask us out down gently. I don't do that, because when you make some phony excuse, or don't tell them you aren't interested, and to stop asking, then you give someone who is not normal an excuse to keep bothering you. You need to be direct, firm, and brutal if necessary, and if behavior continues, then call the police.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HorsefaceDee View Post
    sooooo he just called me again. I picked up and told him not to contact me anymore. He called me on an unknown number and I picked up thinking it was someone else. He seemed ok. but creepy. I dont think he is harmful. Just unaware..he sounded a bit hurt. I am trying not to feel bad. He was concerned that I was hurt or whatever.
    Was it the whole "I was just seeing if you were OK" thing? Stalkers/creepy people do that.

It's a way of manipulating you and turning things around to make you feel like you're the one being unreasonable. I wish it weren't so, I wanted to say this dude is just socially awkward, but when they don't take no response for an answer and continue to try and contact you and then (after hiding their number) throw the "I was concerned about you" thing at you, just, take it seriously.

I had a situation with a guy a long time ago - we met online and went for a date, fortunately he had a long drive, because if not, it could have gotten ugly. We met, had a lovely dinner, and I actually really liked him a lot. He seemed sweet and interesting and funny. Then the calls and texts started. He called and left four messages the next day. At which point I was all... "um, what?" He emailed me three times as well. This was all before lunch. I responded to one email with a bland, "sorry, just busy" and figured if he calmed down I'd write more back later. Then he called twice more that day. And about fifteen times by the end of the week. This guy continued to call my phone for nearly a year, often leaving messages like "just checking you're OK, was worried about you."

If I regret anything about my handling of the incident, it's that I wasn't clear from the get-go. "Dude, you seemed nice but I'm not interested and you need to stop calling me" And I should have taken it more seriously. Because he lived far away and I never had any indication that he *physically* stalked me, I didn't think to do anything. Looking back, I'm really lucky it never escalated.

Since in your case he lives practically on top of you, definitely in your best interest to be more proactive, even if it feels confrontational and mean.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

4 members found this post helpful.

So. What did the police say?

Can you move? Might be worth it. Best of luck.

Update?

4 members found this post helpful.

The OP has posted a new thread, I sure would like to know what happened. At least we know she's OK.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Cops said since I have officially told him to "get lost" that if he tries again they will get involved. There isn't much else they can do at this point.

I haven't heard from him, or seen him. but am super aware of my surroundings and stopped going to the park at night by myself and walk different routes with my dog on nights we dont go to the barn

7 members found this post helpful.

Good update. Stay safe.

1 members found this post helpful.