The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, Sorry that is pricey. To get her to eat, try tuna from a can or a packet and make sure it was in water, not oil.

Default Update: 7 is fine - And We Think They're ½ Chihuahuas

The vaccine has been ordered. I got the one you linked to, Laurierace. Thank you so much! There will be doses left over, but I think I can sell those on Craigslist when we’re done here. That will help.

Everyone is doing well. There seems to be at least one of the pups that is somewhat vocal. Or they could be just arguing with each other over who gets the teat. I know that more personalities will come out later.

I didn’t put anything on their necks, because all I had at the time was embroidery floss, and I was afraid of it hanging up on something and hurting the wee ones. Could I go ahead and put the floss on now, that they are stronger than when they first came out? Or is there something else I could use? Wouldn’t nail polish hurt mom when she licks them?

The gal who saw the two dogs dumped in the park got back from vacation on Monday, and she reports that the other dog that was with her, who wasn’t caught, was a black and white Chihuahua. So it seems that these little guys may be his. So, I’m calling the pups Maltese/Chihuahua mixes.

Maddie is getting really good about wanting to go out when she needs to. However the Dobies have forgotten everything! That’s frustrating..
    Founding Member: Spotted Saddlebred Pals Clique

When my grandmother's perfume bottle broke, my young second cousin said: "Nana! You smell like a French HORSE!"

maybe different nail colors on a hind claw?

nail polish or sharpie won;t hurt momma to lick.
    I started them with loose yarn or fleece collars, then once they could walk we uses color coded lil pals collars by coastal. They are very very small.
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 4 Cats, 1 Macaw, 6 (Former) Stepkids

Sounds like you are having fun. I had 2 litters of labs. Here is what we used. Tarps with old towels on top. You can hose off the tarps and wash the towels. Or put the newspaper on top of the tarps. I had them in a kiddy pool until they could get out. Then borrowed an exercise pen which I used on top of the tarps. Marked bellies with different color sharpies. Enjoy, these 7 weeks will go quickly!

Bumping for updates and more pictures! I cannot get enough of puppiness.

I'll have to get DD down her to my house to help with pictures. They are very wiggly, and and it's hard to get them still.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/He...tml?sort=3&o=0

Here are some pictures, but not of all of them. I think you should be able to scroll from there. Some are all black and the only way to really tell is to look at the little dot/strips on the chest and "parts".

The vaccines came yesterday and are safely in the fridge.

Official Crazy Dog Lady (I have 10 dogs!), signing off for today.

When my grandmother's perfume bottle broke, my young second cousin said: "Nana! You smell like a French HORSE!"

SO cute! thanks for updating the pics!

Thanks for the updates!

Sigh. They are sooo adorable and Maddie looks very content. I am so glad everyone is healthy.

I've been rearranging the photobucket album. Maddie and her pups have a folder all to themselves now.

This SHOULD be a link to the slideshow.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/He...d%20her%20Pups

Enjoy,
    From the Crazy Dog Lady

they are adorable. you must be having fun.

the puppies and mom are all so cute!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

I am late t o this thread, but........I have rescued cats and dogs who were almost ready to give birth. So I took them immediately to my vet and had them spayed. (And when the vet says those kittens/puppies were viable, I said don't tell me that.) As long as the kittens or cats aren't born before I get animals to the vet, I'm OK. After they are born, I don't put them down. (I still have one of the 4 kittens I got almost 21 yrs ago. They were 2 days old when I got the 4 of them and their mother. Had I adopted her before birth, I'd have had the vet spay her and the kittens would not have been with me for 17, 17, 19 yrs, and one still alive at 20 yrs 9 months now. Mama cat lived to be 17 yrs old also. But this was because I told Friends of Animals I wanted a litter and the queen, since the last of my 18 yr old cats had died.)

You can have a dog or cat spayed even when they are almost ready to give birth.

they look like Guinea Pigs. Are you sure there are puppies?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    they look like Guinea Pigs. Are you sure there are puppies?

Only thing I can say -FOR SURE- is that Mom is a dog. So I can say that they are at least half dog.

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, I thought I'd come back here and give an update..

Here's a link to my Photobucket page for the pups.. They have really grown.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/He...?sort=3&page=1

They REALLY ARE CUTE...

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    I might be able to send a very good home your way; my mom lives in NM and wants a small fuzzy type dog. It's dog paradise.

Hi Cowboymom,

A few months ago you said you might have a home for one of the puppies.. I'd be willing to try shipping if it means a great home. Does the offer still hold? There are three left, and one of them is a bit "Harry"...

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/He...ml?sort=3&o=13

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Sparrowette; Mar. 18, 2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added Harry's Link

So cute!

Are they still pretty little? The Boston Terrier sounds great but they look like little pits! That will scare my mom! Do you have a picture of mama?

They're so cute, I want one of my own but we have six right now!

I want to send the pictures to my mom-she's intrigued!
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ed2a398a80

Hi Everyone,
    Updated pictures!

1 is sold, and off with his new family.

2 of the pups that i thought were going to a home are not (at least not right now) because the person who said he wanted 2 of them for his daughters pooped out on me.

What is the best way to market these little guys? I really don't want them to go to just ANYBODY off of Craigslist.

Any suggestions?