The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From the linked thread:

"Dressage Skillz" OMG so funny!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yo6onmKDys
    Unrepentant carb eater

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post
    I don't believe that is his daughter. Based on pictures in his personal Facebook page, his kids are very small.
    It is, I "sleuthed" it myself. If you go to her about me page in family the mother is nicks wife.

1 members found this post helpful.

Is that the Nick Peronace who used to run Enterprise Steaks in Philly? Because if yes, oh LOL. He hasn't learned a thing about the interwebs.
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

5 members found this post helpful.

Yes. The Beefman himself.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Is that the Nick Peronace who used to run Enterprise Steaks in Philly? Because if yes, oh LOL. He hasn't learned a thing about the interwebs.

This wasn't posted on the other threads before it closed, it did get shared on some facebook groups, but while googling "Lorenda Lende" (which doesn't get many hits since her name is LorInda), I stumbled on this amazing thread on a fish tank forum, from a dude with a screen name "Jaws69" who claims to be a grand prix dressage rider who had been a working student for "Lorenda Lende," answering some questions from the OP for who's looking for people who worked with animals. He's a bit down the page in his reply.

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/loun...s-animals.html

So, NP has been claiming that he isn't the NP who owned enterprise steaks. Now, as it turns out, the NP who owned enterprise steaks was active on some fish tank message boards, before being banned after flipping out after he advertised his knew website and then lost his sh*t after someone called him out for using a copyrighted photo on it.

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/loun...me-see-me.html

So, let's see. NP who owned enterprise steaks is tied to homophobic and racist comments made on websites. "Jaws69" owned enterprise steaks. "Jaws69" also claims to have worked for Lorinda Lende and to be a "grand prix dressage rider". NP the "grand prix dressage trainer" also claims to have worked as a working student for Lorinda Lende.

Either Ms. Lende likes people named Peronace and there's some awful coincidences going on here, or we're dealing with the same person.

29 members found this post helpful.

Just got caught up on who/what Beefman is/was. Holy crap, as someone in the LGBT community (who identified as a lesbian for YEARS before coming out as transgender), there are soooo many things I want to say/do to a person like that! Jeebus. "Holy flying fruitbats" doesn't even begin to describe wtf I'm feeling right now.

Nick, you'd better go hide under a rock now. And honestly, if you want to continue living in your deluded little world, you might want to change your name, and get some serious plastic surgery to protect your newly fabricated identity. Though I suppose nothing can ever be as fabricated as your life thus far.

I'm not usually one to make internet attacks, but the Beefman thing REALLY irks me. There are infinitely more LGBT people who commit suicide for crap like that than there are horse people who commit suicide over being scammed. It's one thing to scam a person of their hard-earned money, but to make comments that very well could lead to the suicide of a person who happens to see it? Words can't even describe my anger right now. I should go make another cup of tea...
    Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!
    Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    From the linked thread:

"Dressage Skillz" OMG so funny!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yo6onmKDys
    OH, so funny. And I lost a mouthful of white wine when he sang "my boner shines on the center line." Poor Stiffy Peters. Still being mocked.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Great find. Fantastic.

If that's his daughter (or stepdaughter), I really do feel bad for her. She's clearly being raised by some questionable folks. It's not her fault that she's been taught to react that way.

Ceylon- I haven't read about the "beefman" and I'm not sure I want to. LGBT struggles are REAL and cannot be compared to horse people losing some money. I absolutely agree with you there. Just wanted to add that I admire your strength.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

12 members found this post helpful.

Ceylon Star, I bet you'd like to tear a strip off the guy. I can only imagine what it feels like to read ignorant crap like that when it hits close to home. For every moron like him, there are many, many more people who are 100% in your corner. Don't even give him the headspace, honey -- SO not worth your energy.

At times like this i always remember the wise words of my former boss. I had just been hired and was teaching a class of 500 students. My boss asked me how the teaching was going and I said that most of the students were great but there were 1 or 2 who were really problematic. My boss looked at me blankly and said, "Monika, you do realize that a certain segment of the population is mentally ill, don't you?" Not to make light of mental illness but... yeah.

He sure looks to be a person of low intelligence, little education, and a pretty serious personality disorder. Way too hard to figure out what makes him tick; best to just steer clear.

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose View Post
    This wasn't posted on the other threads before it closed, it did get shared on some facebook groups, but while googling "Lorenda Lende" (which doesn't get many hits since her name is LorInda), I stumbled on this amazing thread on a fish tank forum, from a dude with a screen name "Jaws69" who claims to be a grand prix dressage rider who had been a working student for "Lorenda Lende," answering some questions from the OP for who's looking for people who worked with animals. He's a bit down the page in his reply.

So, NP has been claiming that he isn't the NP who owned enterprise steaks. Now, as it turns out, the NP who owned enterprise steaks was active on some fish tank message boards, before being banned after flipping out after he advertised his knew website and then lost his sh*t after someone called him out for using a copyrighted photo on it.

So, let's see. NP who owned enterprise steaks is tied to homophobic and racist comments made on websites. "Jaws69" owned enterprise steaks. "Jaws69" also claims to have worked for Lorinda Lende and to be a "grand prix dressage rider". NP the "grand prix dressage trainer" also claims to have worked as a working student for Lorinda Lende.

Either Ms. Lende likes people named Peronace and there's some awful coincidences going on here, or we're dealing with the same person.
    if Jaws69 ISN'T Nick Peronace... Mr. Peronace is in trouble. Because I thought he was the only one who could take a horse from zero to dressage in 2 years. Turns out Jaws69 can do that too! And they're BOTH in the Delaware Valley. That's some stiff competition right in your backyard!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

19 members found this post helpful.

They are BOTH stiff on the centreline.

Wooooooooow. Those posts go from zero - to - uber-defensive really fast, just like he's been on these boards and his facebook page. And woooooooow, the posts by his family.... Yikes! I agree with several here that the Chevy Cup is a nice sentiment, but to have the by-line read that it's in memory of a horse trained and showed at GP by his owner, NP" is just *wrong*.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    OH, so funny. And I lost a mouthful of white wine when he sang "my boner shines on the center line." Poor Stiffy Peters. Still being mocked.
    I doubt it, they strike me as "full service" eventing professionals (i.e. teach kids/teens).

The line is "Born to shine on the centreline"
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    if Jaws69 ISN'T Nick Peronace... Mr. Peronace is in trouble. Because I thought he was the only one who could take a horse from zero to dressage in 2 years. Turns out Jaws69 can do that too! And they're BOTH in the Delaware Valley. That's some stiff competition right in your backyard!
    Yep. And he mentions Iron Spring Farm a lot, and NP has pictures of his visit to Iron Spring on his webpage. I missed the first link, where I learned something new about his experience and expertise: "I have trained 15 horses to Grand prix, and I am one of the few who can train a horse to that level in 2 years, most trianers it takes 6 or 7. I brake them in at 4, and by afetr one year they are at Third level Dressage. After another year, they are Grand Prix. I fI get a horse who is broken already, in about a year he is going Grand Prix."
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Ceylon Star, I bet you'd like to tear a strip off the guy. I can only imagine what it feels like to read ignorant crap like that when it hits close to home. For every moron like him, there are many, many more people who are 100% in your corner. Don't even give him the headspace, honey -- SO not worth your energy.

At times like this i always remember the wise words of my former boss. I had just been hired and was teaching a class of 500 students. My boss asked me how the teaching was going and I said that most of the students were great but there were 1 or 2 who were really problematic. My boss looked at me blankly and said, "Monika, you do realize that a certain segment of the population is mentally ill, don't you?" Not to make light of mental illness but... yeah.

He sure looks to be a person of low intelligence, little education, and a pretty serious personality disorder. Way too hard to figure out what makes him tick; best to just steer clear.
    I like this times infinity. Some people aren't worth the oxygen to even speak to them. Don't even spend one atom wasting your time on them, CS.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

12 members found this post helpful.

There are just no words, except maybe to explain what an ALOT is http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

3 members found this post helpful.

Here's a Beefman thread:
    http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you...ge/1/#comments

The funny part (if anything about it can be funny) is the first comment on the 2nd page, which quotes the text of a Wikipedia article about this defunct beef company, apparently written by its owner. His steaks are just about the Grand Prix of beef!

Also the "won an award at a beef festival that appears to be non-existent" bit...much like the GP riding
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

And this nugget from the fish thread:

16. What were the qualifications for this job?
    Well, you need to get to Grand Prix. Some trainers start teaching at lower levels. I dont get this. They are very good for basics, but thats it. To me a lower level rider teaching is like a fouth grader teaching a second or third grader. You need to be an expert first, you need to get to the level. At Grand Prix, there really isnt much you havent seen, so you can deal with things better. Someone at a lower level might get stumped, and therefore cant move forward.

Oops... When did he get to Grand Prix again?? Oh wait... He didnt.
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post

I wish I could give you a million thumbs up right now. The horsey BS was amusing (though sad in the sense that people have been scammed by this twit), but the LGBT stuff was just too close to home. Tea helped, that's for sure!

But to quote the interwebz: "The stupid runs strong in this one"
    Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!
    Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe

9 members found this post helpful.