The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

So Christie gave the Sargent Schultz defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcxGFmYyPs

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm not a huge fan of Christie, but I DO like that heads rolled immediately. I like decisive actions when someone screws up. As opposed to the debacles of the IRS, DOJ, Benghazi, etc.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    He fired one high level staffer and "released" another, which appears to be doing the right thing.

However, I watched the whole press conference, and his repeated assurances that he knew nothing about this scandal until yesterday are simply absurd. Was he under a rock? Sorry Christie, I think you're lying.
    Yup it appears he was doing the right thing.

I have to wonder about Obama's repeated assurances that he was unaware of the IRS activities against conservative groups, problems with the healthcare website and he didn't know anything about Benghazi which resulted in the rape and death of our Ambassador and the death of another three Americans.

Just saying all "leaders" should be held to the same standard.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

7 members found this post helpful.

and David Wildstein, Christie's HS pal and former director of projects for the Port Authority, takes the Fifth at today's NJ State Assembly hearing.

Can't stand Christie, especially after his bromance with the prez.

But, just to be non-hypocritical...all the prez. has done is say over and over, "I didn't know anything about that"....and the same press really doesn't call him on it.

Christie is a dud, wonder if he'd take McCain with him?
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

3 members found this post helpful.

He fired one high level staffer and "released" another, which appears to be doing the right thing.

However, I watched the whole press conference, and his repeated assurances that he knew nothing about this scandal until yesterday are simply absurd. Was he under a rock? Sorry Christie, I think you're lying.
    CC has taken more action on Bridgegate than the Obama administration has taken on Benghazi, the IRS targeting conservative groups, the problematic ACA website rollout- among other issues with the actual ACA law, the justice department going after a reporter while ignoring the Black Panthers at voting precincts and Solyndras failures being muted until after the 2010 election.

Me thinks CC shares that rock with BO and the media decides who to daylight.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    CC has taken more action on Bridgegate than the Obama administration has taken on Benghazi, the IRS targeting conservative groups, the problematic ACA website rollout- among other issues with the actual ACA law, the justice department going after a reporter while ignoring the Black Panthers at voting precincts and Solyndras failures being muted until after the 2010 election.

Me thinks CC shares that rock with BO and the media decides who to daylight.
    All the RW talking points rolled into one sentence. Superb job.

17 members found this post helpful.

According to the book Double Down, Mitt Romney's people cited Chris Christie's "overbearing staff" as one of the reasons he passed on Christie as VP choice. It appears they were correct.

10 members found this post helpful.

When I am counseling employees about a mistake they have made, and how they should correct it, my biggest pet peeve is when said employee answers with "Oh yeah! Well, [other employee] did this!! What about him??!!!"

I had no idea that Obama had anything to do with the political scandal involving Governor Christie and Fort Lee, but apparently he does?
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Pink Bunny View Post
    All the RW talking points rolled into one sentence. Superb job.
    You are welcome. From one of the last good Democrats, Patrick Moynihan "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

CC ain't my kind of politician but I respect his swift action on behalf of his state. If more data comes out that he WAS informed (and supported the traffic jam) then kick him to the curb.

3 members found this post helpful.

When I am counseling employees about a mistake they have made, and how they should correct it, my biggest pet peeve is when said employee answers with "Oh yeah! Well, [other employee] did this!! What about him??!!!"

I had no idea that Obama had anything to do with the political scandal involving Governor Christie and Fort Lee, but apparently he does?
    It is a matter of consistency. Either ALL politicians get a pass or ALL politicians are held accountable. Seems many here are ready to hold CC accountable but have multiple excuses if the politician is of their party, such as Obama.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

How swift was his action? This occurred in late September, and rumors surfaced immediately that it was "political payback" from Christie's camp. He denied it again publicly in December. He knew something had been done by his staffers and hoped it would just magically go away and not bother him. Please, his protestations of innocence are a bit much.

I'm just disappointed that public officials would stoop to this level of childish, retributive behavior in so massive a fashion and believe that no one would figure it out---in this era of technology! The people who've been brought down by their own stupidity in using texts, tweets and email and then thinking no one will ever see it! Yikes!

Who needs the NSA or drones when you have idiots on twitter?
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Pink Bunny View Post
    Here's an interesting comment from a HuffPo article. It gets right to the heart of the matter, really. He's toast. It's satire, but so very true.

Even though I was governor of NJ and the 3 lanes of the bridge were closed for 4 days, which had gridlock closing off an entire cities access to the world's busiest bridge, people delayed for hours trying to get onto the bridge to take their kids to school, conduct business or just come and go to work, I had no knowledge of what was going on.

People in authority never called me to let me know so I could look into the problem, no citizens called my office with complaints and the paperboy forgot to deliver my papers for 4 days.

If I had been made aware of the situation that i could have seen with my own eyes for 4 days but for the fact that I avert my gaze and look at my lap, while being driven around, i would have sprung into action and found out what was going on and ended the shutdown.

But nobody told me, even though it transpired that all of my underlings knew about it.

I was honestly left out of the loop and would have mitigated the problem as soon as I was made aware of it.

In my defense, my office was testing a cone of silence that stops information from getting in to me and actions I might have suggested escaping for 4 days.

Rest assured citizens of New Jersey, it's not my fault and i won't rest until I find enough scapegoats to hang the blame on.

If only someone had invented a hand held mobile device that works like a telephone, I might have been made aware of the situation sooner.

Respectfully it's not my fault.

C, Christie the Sandy super hero and governor.

Gee, change a few incidents and it could be Obama's signature on the bottom.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/politics/obamacare-nsa/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4177216.html
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz

I do not condone what happened (and find it scary that that kind of sh*t can happen just on the whim of a pissed-off person) but being from NY, I have to say, I am not surprised. The sh*t that went on in that city was unbelievable. (I include part of NJ as belonging to NY for the purposes of this discussion.) The levels of corruption, waste, nonsense. And that's not a comment on any political party or mayor. It's a comment on a part of the country where "business" is done in a very different way than in most other parts of the country.

Have you seen the scam involving the firefighters getting disability pay? It has nothing to do with Christie, but it's the big city kind of mess that doesn't surprise me at all.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    Gee, change a few incidents and it could be Obama's signature on the bottom.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/politics/obamacare-nsa/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4177216.html
    I was thinking the same thing.

Oh, and at least Christie has axed people over this, unlike King obama.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeHorseNight View Post
    I do not condone what happened (and find it scary that that kind of sh*t can happen just on the whim of a pissed-off person) but being from NY, I have to say, I am not surprised. The sh*t that went on in that city was unbelievable. (I include part of NJ as belonging to NY for the purposes of this discussion.) The levels of corruption, waste, nonsense. And that's not a comment on any political party or mayor. It's a comment on a part of the country where "business" is done in a very different way than in most other parts of the country.

Have you seen the scam involving the firefighters getting disability pay? It has nothing to do with Christie, but it's the big city kind of mess that doesn't surprise me at all.
    Yeah. This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing, this is business as usual in NJ. Disclaimer- I used to live there. LOL.
    Unrepentant carb eater

It's New Jersey, so that democratic mayor is lucky that he didn't end up in concrete either in the ocean or in a building in NYC.

having been stuck at the Georgia Washington bridge on many occasions, the worst being on one occasion the day before Thanksgiving in rush hour traffic, I know how unhappy the people who were stuck this time were. And now they find out it's the staff of Chris Christie who did it? And he of course never knew? The only excuse he could have is that he was at a Kristy Kreme the whole time because the red sign had been on for just made doughnuts.

And for the record, Sam Nunn is and always have been a democrat. his daughter is running for senator this year. I've met him.

Refresh my memory: Wasn't it in NJ where the state patrol ran interference for football players or some celebrities and help up traffic last year?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

Oh, and at least Christie has axed people over this, unlike King obama.
    Except there's a huge difference. There is no smoking gun with any of the Obama "scandals." If there had been, the House would have been all over it and would have been calling for impeachment.

8 members found this post helpful.

Tempest in a very dainty teapot. Would you like to bet that anyone remembers this in 6 months? (Or cares?)

1 members found this post helpful.