The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 394
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul. 18, 2010
    Location
    Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    I never got to see the flexating video and learn about actually hearing the leather of the saddle stretch when the horse lifts its back.
    Oh snap! no surprise that one is nowhere to be found



  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I've followed his board on Pinterest for entertainment purposes. So far it is the exact same photos that he has on his FB page. Poor departed Chevy looks like a saint.
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], 2005 Arabian gelding

    Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fulrider View Post
    Here we have a crotch seat:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...95322864_n.jpg

    The position prevents the cat from correctly flexating. You could listen to this cat's a$$ all day and not hear leather stretching.

    It is a serious riding fault, much like the chair seat:

    https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...79106786_n.jpg

    Note how the legs are out in front of the cat, compromising her balance and preventing her from experiencing Cottonelle Fluffernutter softness in the reins.

    This cat puts herself out there as a serious competitor but she needs to show humility and seek out guidance from the true masters.

    http://wharble.com/sites/default/fil...at_T-Shirt.jpg

    Note the straight back. This cat is sitting equally on his two seatbones. Although he is an off-breed cat, he demonstrates the potential to perform at the highest levels. I know this cat personally because I was almost his small animal vet's assistant scheduler many years ago.

    Remember: there are no short cuts to moving up the levels:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/LbGeVhv
    I am at work. I deal with Very Serious Stuff. I'm not supposed to be laughing this hard at work.
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], 2005 Arabian gelding

    Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb. 5, 2010
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Hey, bears can be lawyers, why can't they be witnesses? You're just a hater.
    http://bearlawyer.wordpress.com/tag/courtroom/
    Do they lobby for the right to arm bears?

    Bazinga!
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

    Topline Leather's Etsy Shop


    4 members found this post helpful.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul. 18, 2010
    Location
    Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californianinkansas View Post
    I am at work. I deal with Very Serious Stuff. I'm not supposed to be laughing this hard at work.
    I seriously came into work this morning with a sippy cup full of café crème. People looked at me kind of funny and made comments about my cup.
    But I didn't tell them I was COTH proofing my desk and keyboard.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    He's all kinds of crazy isn't he???


    3 members found this post helpful.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Apr. 23, 2010
    Posts
    133

    Default

    From his FB supporters group:

    Nick Peronace
    Draw reins ans Baucher flex are very beneficial training aids in the correct hands.

    I so desperately want to comment that his hands are not correct and therefore, he should stay away from draw reins, but I don't want to get kicked out of the group and lose my benefits


    16 members found this post helpful.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Ok, the indoor video of np working the black horse. I still hear jingling. Can someone who rides in an indoor arena confirm the sound I am hearing is what frozen sand echoing indoors really sounds like?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseKrazy View Post
    Ok, the indoor video of np working the black horse. I still hear jingling. Can someone who rides in an indoor arena confirm the sound I am hearing is what frozen sand echoing indoors really sounds like?
    It was confirmed in an earlier thread that the sound is frozen sand, not chains or other "action devices."
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], 2005 Arabian gelding

    Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Aug. 9, 2007
    Posts
    9,052

    Default

    I love the cat dressage. Oh how I wish old Spencer (20) and Chloe (17) and overweight Tobey (10) could do that!

    As for the metallic sound in the indoor, I watched the video over and over after the owner of the horse houseguested on one of the old threads and said the horse had on a certain type of boot and that the sound was the sand hitting the side of the building. Uh, part of the circle being ridden was far far away from the metal wall, and therefore no sand was hitting the wall from that distance. The sound was the same when the horse was near enough to the wall to have sand actually hit it, but was also the very same sound when the horse was far away from the wall so that sand could not have been hitting it from that distance. Listen to the sound and watch the distances from the different walls. That horse is not crowding the wall in the full circle. The cadence is the same no matter how far the horse was from the wall, or how near he was to the wall.
    Someone please go to the next clinic. Or host one where we can have a Coth meet up to enjoy the show.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb. 5, 2010
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Are the clinics free? Because I would hate for anyone to financially support him--it would give him some small amount of "authority" that he clearly doesn't deserve. He needs to be paying instructors and clinicians to teach him, not the other way around.
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

    Topline Leather's Etsy Shop


    4 members found this post helpful.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2013
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I so want to see the video.

    I am a horrible person
    Here it is. Scroll down to post #123.

    http://fhotd64476.yuku.com/topic/754...7#.UuBCP79OkWI



  13. #193
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Sounds like he judged that schooling dressage show just about the same age that he made the piaffe video.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    I love the new post on Nick's page. Reposting here in case it gets deleted.

    "As a new entry into the world of dressage I have come across a lot of conflicting information and would like to make a suggestion as to how to put the doubters to rest. The few vids I have come across of your riding/training have been fairly simple; walk, trot or cantering with the occasional piaffe/passage tossed in. Why not create a full vid, say about 30 mins, of your riding, including showing the upper level movements such as canter pirouettes; tempi changes; half passes etc, in other words something other than the more simple WTC, and submitting the same video to one, preferably two or three, well known trainers/riders for their take on the vid? A positive review from them would go a long way towards validating your claims and would most likely really embarrass the doubters. I would imagine the negative comments would almost immediately cease which could certainly help you in your career. Just a thought."


    16 members found this post helpful.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Apr. 20, 2011
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I love the new post on Nick's page. Reposting here in case it gets deleted.

    "As a new entry into the world of dressage I have come across a lot of conflicting information and would like to make a suggestion as to how to put the doubters to rest. The few vids I have come across of your riding/training have been fairly simple; walk, trot or cantering with the occasional piaffe/passage tossed in. Why not create a full vid, say about 30 mins, of your riding, including showing the upper level movements such as canter pirouettes; tempi changes; half passes etc, in other words something other than the more simple WTC, and submitting the same video to one, preferably two or three, well known trainers/riders for their take on the vid? A positive review from them would go a long way towards validating your claims and would most likely really embarrass the doubters. I would imagine the negative comments would almost immediately cease which could certainly help you in your career. Just a thought."
    he replies that the video is already posted in the group, I just can't figure out which video it is????? pretty sure I've watched them all, and none of them have any of that "fancy stuff" (I'm a h/j rider, LOL)


    5 members found this post helpful.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Apr. 20, 2011
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Someone please go to the next clinic. Or host one where we can have a Coth meet up to enjoy the show.
    didn't he reference Tina Konyot in the Eurodressage comments? I just so happen to know the trainer who leases her farm in CT, and have met Tina a few times. if there was better parking for trailers down there, it would be so much fun to have him in when she was also in town, she doesn't keep her opinions to herself much, and it would def. be a show :-)


    6 members found this post helpful.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    he replies that the video is already posted in the group, I just can't figure out which video it is????? pretty sure I've watched them all, and none of them have any of that "fancy stuff" (I'm a h/j rider, LOL)
    You need to look at the time the comments were posted.

    1) Someone posts "Can't wait to see the video." 9 hours ago.

    2) Nick posts "The video is posted already in our group." (in his private facebook group) 9 hours ago.

    3) New person suggesting he make a video with "fancy stuff." 1 hour ago.

    Unless you are in his private group (I'm not), you can't see whatever video he posted from the clinic.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Apr. 20, 2011
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    You need to look at the time the comments were posted.

    1) Someone posts "Can't wait to see the video." 9 hours ago.

    2) Nick posts "The video is posted already in our group." (in his private facebook group) 9 hours ago.

    3) New person suggesting he make a video with "fancy stuff." 1 hour ago.

    Unless you are in his private group (I'm not), you can't see whatever video he posted from the clinic.
    oops, missed that. I am in the "group".......... I'm learning all sorts of new "stuff" every day!! LOL


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    oops, missed that. I am in the "group".......... I'm learning all sorts of new "stuff" every day!! LOL
    Would you keep us posted if he lands another clinic?



  20. #200
    Join Date
    Apr. 20, 2011
    Posts
    755

    Default

    absolutely!!!


    1 members found this post helpful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •