The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

My cats might be elderly and out of performing airs above the ground, but you just let some dude try to hump them and watch those claws come out. They might be old, but they have long claws. Old age makes their tails drag, LOL. Heck, my 2 horses would not put up with humping. Well,, only with each other, but that's not with humans, especially with a guy.

$50 to whomever goes to a clinic and videos.

2 members found this post helpful.

Here in Canada we don't have Cat Dressage...but we have the ultimate cat-lover!!! Bubbles!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3gmvrp84Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBdxQyPWgg0

https://www.facebook.com/NickPeronaceDressage

He updated his facebook page with photos from his Iowa clinic. Those poor horses. To read how he talks about himself is scary. I work in a big ego entertainment industry and have never seen a guy who thinks he's this wonderful. No amount of medication can fix his head. Eventually he's going to dupe the wrong person, or outsmarted, and be launched half way to Texas by a less forgiving mount.

4 members found this post helpful.

That lunch looks semi pre digested. I am guessing he cooks as well as he rides.

They plan on having him back in March, according to a Facebook post.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tbchick84 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/NickPeronaceDressage

He updated his facebook page with photos from his Iowa clinic. Those poor horses. To read how he talks about himself is scary. I work in a big ego entertainment industry and have never seen a guy who thinks he's this wonderful. No amount of medication can fix his head. Eventually he's going to dupe the wrong person, or outsmarted, and be launched half way to Texas by a less forgiving mount.
    This. My Arab would have executed swift and accurate revenge upon such a rider.

I just visited his FB page via your link.

The most glaring problem is that he is not wearing a helmet in any of the photos on his FB page.

I used to ride saddleseat -the chair seat that he displays in the photos is a bit much even for saddleseat.

It would be very beneficial for Mr. Peronace to go to read the free articles on Dr. Deb's website, especially her True Collection article.

I would love to see what Dr. Deb would have to say about Mr. Peronace's photographs of his appy performing "airs above the ground," and the photo of him riding the saintly chestnut Arab-Saddlebred cross. If Dr. Deb says that he's the real deal, then I'll stand corrected.
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], 2005 Arabian gelding

Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I guess I will be the one to suck it up and attend from the CoTH crowd. I couldn't bring myself to head over to Des Moines with the sketchy weather we have been having this month, especially since the horse I want to take has not been in work for the winter. However, I am going to get her going again in the next couple of weeks and I will take her over there.

This mare has been trained through PSG and jumped the open jumpers. She is very talented and very unforgiving. She is very strong-willed so I am not worried about any aftermath, especially since she will retire this year. We will see what he can do!

I would have taken my OTTB super meanie but I recently found him a forever home with a person that can actually handle him....so mare it is.

29 members found this post helpful.

He has some very questionable posts on his facebook account. Something about the woman Jennifer making comments (in the background of a video) about his "physical appearance" and all of the young riders snickering. People (from the clinic) were all commenting saying how much they enjoyed his physical appearance.

Not very professional, and I thought he was married?

He also posted something recently-- "i love girls who are sexy and can ride." Someone commented and asked if it was an adult page or a family page...
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Stoney, you are a brave woman! I thought the suggestion was just for someone to audit, not to actually ride (or have him ride your horse)!
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

Topline Leather's Etsy Shop

Stoney, I will come with you! Let me know when... I really want to see this train wreck in real life, but don't want to do it alone per se...
    Quarry Rat

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    And from the original thread on the dressage forum:
    Post #605 was actually my first limerick ode to "the Maestro"...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosey_2003 View Post
    Stoney, I will come with you! Let me know when... I really want to see this train wreck in real life, but don't want to do it alone per se...
    Yay! Strength in numbers!
    Normally I wouldn't let anyone other than my trainer ride my competition horses, but this particular horse is something special (and no longer competing). I bought her to breed her, and her personality will certainly not let her be pushed around. Nothing about this guy makes me think that he will physically abuse a horse (unless you count the humping abuse.....) just mind *&$% them. She will be fine.

It will be much more fun to post a vid of my trainer riding her and then compare the two. Hard to see what he can do when all he does is ride western horses in their first dressage lesson ever or canter a naturally-nice moving Freisan around a circle. He says he wants a chance and all....

13 members found this post helpful.

If this guy doesn't get off COTH, I'm never going to pass Anatomy. So much trainwreck to keep up with.

6 members found this post helpful.

Unless you figure out exactly which muscles he uses for the hump - double tasking!

Seriously Stoney, PM me if you're really going to go next time, and especially if it's a Saturday, I'll come on over. I can't guarantee a weekday, my relief is off for the winter, but if it's a weekend engagement I'll happily be a part of the peanut gallery
    Quarry Rat

I look forward to a first hand account.

Honestly, as funny as the situation is, I have very little patience with this delusional quack.

I really do hope that the Dressage at Devon folks are aware that this "Maestro" is claiming that DAD has "honored" him (or recognized, or whatever bull he is claiming) with a trophy, when in fact he has sponsored a class and provided a trophy named after the Appaloosa that he trained to Grand Prix and "airs above ground"(not).

As amusing as his delusions seem on the internet they really are not quite so funny IRL.
    Just ask the farm owner who owns the barn (and the address) that he claimed on his website was his.. the non-existent "publishers", the "worldwide clinics" that he claims to be teaching, the farm that he claimed was "considering" him for a training position (again,not)...etc.. etc..

The fact that he has associated himself with these people without their permission and/or knowledge and seems to be seriously delusional.

If you can slog through the original thread you'll see how truly bizarre he is and how many innocent folks could be fooled and ripped off by this poser.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    maybe not tho, obviously I can't tell if she's the one he kicked off his page, or if she left on her own account, but it looks like the woman who runs the place where the clinic was held is no longer a member of his "supporters" page. couple of (what I read as snarky) comments from her, then her names is "greyed out" which usually means no longer a member, right?

if he were to come my way, I'd go for sure..... i might even be able to put something together, but do you think we'd have to pay his travel? he's offering free clinics, wonder if he'd travel on his own dime?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosey_2003 View Post
    Seriously Stoney, PM me if you're really going to go next time, and especially if it's a Saturday, I'll come on over. I can't guarantee a weekday, my relief is off for the winter, but if it's a weekend engagement I'll happily be a part of the peanut gallery
    I sure will, we could probably even car-pool part of the way if you wanted since I will be heading over from Iowa City area.

I am generally a helmet nazi but for some reason in his case, I think he looks better without one. Don't want to hamper Darwin's important work.

35 members found this post helpful.

Take a look at the "Cat Dressage" thread over in Off Course. Seriously. Trust me, it is relevant. I want to know which COTHer started that FB page!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

2 members found this post helpful.