The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Was it someone from COTH that he "kicked out" of the group?

1 members found this post helpful.

LOL....He is unstoppable......wonder how DAD committee feel...

From his website: Nick Peronace is a crusader for non warmblood dressage, with his efforts being awarded by Dressage At Devon with "Chevys Cup".

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Purr-FectCrime View Post
    I think I know the dressage cat FB page you speak of. Not me that made it (although I do like it and enjoy the pictures! )
    How funny, I just stumbled across the cat dressage federation FB page the other day & wondered if it was a COTHer, especially w/all the recent allusions to NP.
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

Topline Leather's Etsy Shop

2 members found this post helpful.

Come join us https://www.facebook.com/uscdf

Our director has 10 10 movers in her kennel. Or maybe that's 10 cats who together equal a 10, or maybe it's 1 10 mover. I can't figure it out, since she keeps moving to different barns, or kennels. Never the less, she's (or maybe it's he) is a master/maestro/genius.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    LOL....He is unstoppable......wonder how DAD committee feel...

From his website: Nick Peronace is a crusader for non warmblood dressage, with his efforts being awarded by Dressage At Devon with "Chevys Cup".
    I would like to announce that I have been awarded the very prestigious Perpetual Lawn Dart Achievement Cup. I know, it's a big deal.

I plan on bequeathing it to it's next recipient at The World Equestrian Games and then referring to myself in the third person when talking about how much I mean to the Games. They have been absolutely inundating my email with requests regarding the book I'm going to write someday about being the first recipient of The Award.

(The requests are actually restraining orders, but only because they don't remember meeting me).

I'm also taking requests for speaking engagements, but PLEASE call early as my calendar is filling up quickly. Also a reminder to read my "Speaking Engagement Agreement" which outlines my requirements (I don't think we need another faux-pas of my M&Ms not being separated by color).

My "Airs above ground while en route to hitting ground" are a result of my eleventy years training with the absolute best. Trust me, they ALL know me really, really well and will vouch for my abilities. I am not a fraud.

All you haters can just go &*!!# yourselves if you think I have time to listen to your drivel. I am the real deal. If you'll wait just a minute I have to go, but one of my many followers is going to join COTH to speak highly of me. Ignore the similar writing styles, merely a coincidence.

That is all.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    I would like to announce that I have been awarded the very prestigious Perpetual Lawn Dart Achievement Cup. I know, it's a big deal.

I plan on bequeathing it to it's next recipient at The World Equestrian Games and then referring to myself in the third person when talking about how much I mean to the Games. They have been absolutely inundating my email with requests regarding the book I'm going to write someday about being the first recipient of The Award.

(The requests are actually restraining orders, but only because they don't remember meeting me).

I'm also taking requests for speaking engagements, but PLEASE call early as my calendar is filling up quickly. Also a reminder to read my "Speaking Engagement Agreement" which outlines my requirements (I don't think we need another faux-pas of my M&Ms not being separated by color).

My "Airs above ground while en route to hitting ground" are a result of my eleventy years training with the absolute best. Trust me, they ALL know me really, really well and will vouch for my abilities. I am not a fraud.

All you haters can just go &*!!# yourselves if you think I have time to listen to your drivel. I am the real deal. If you'll wait just a minute I have to go, but one of my many followers is going to join COTH to speak highly of me. Ignore the similar writing styles, merely a coincidence.

That is all.
    What is with COTH so far this year?? Its starting out funnier than heck - Uhmm - If this is an example of COTH humor in 2014 I better stock up on the keyboards and make sure I have my Café crème in a spill proof sippy cup!

7 members found this post helpful.

And yet more hilarity posted on Dressage Today's fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/DressageTod...tal_comments=8

Tina and Calecto with a 70.651 in #OlympicDressageToday - #USAdressageROCKS

Nick Peronace: You should put : "Thanks to show ring politics America wont medal"
    August 7, 2012 at 9:25am · Like

Dressage Today Magazine: Nick Peronace - we leave this discussion open to our fans and are interested to hear everyone's thoughts. If you want to explain what you mean more, please do.
    August 7, 2012 at 9:26am · Like

Nick Peronace: Ok. I feel lots of other horses with better movements should have been on our team. Ralfaca doesnt belong there an he is getting weak scores. His rider is wonderful, and u know him personally from almost being a working student for him many years ago, but I wish he was riding something with more expression. Ralfaca scored big here in America because of who owns him, but on an international level, no one cares who owns him so they are judging what they see.
    August 7, 2012 at 9:41am · Like

Nick Peronace: I mean "I know him", not "u know him". Sorry, lol.
    August 7, 2012 at 9:42am · Like

Nick Peronace: I feel that as far as Team goes we wont place, but as I think Ravel stands a good chance by himself.
    August 7, 2012 at 10:09am · Like

redacted 1: Rafalca is a MARE.
    August 7, 2012 at 11:10am · Like

6 members found this post helpful.

"Rafalca is a MARE" pretty much sums that up.

Has he mentioned "almost" being a working student for Jan Ebeling before? So that's almost working for Van Olst and almost being a working student for Jan Ebeling. Did I miss anyone? And was I the only who imagined NP being a working student for Rafalca based on his phrasing?

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post

Our director has 10 10 movers in her kennel. Or maybe that's 10 cats who together equal a 10, or maybe it's 1 10 mover. I can't figure it out, since she keeps moving to different barns, or kennels. Never the less, she's (or maybe it's he) is a master/maestro/genius.
    This is hilarious. I "liked" it and invited a bunch of (deranged) friends to check it out.

One major criticism, though. Cats are warm-blooded. Do we really need one more group that perpetuates warmblood bias in dressage? I am so sick and tired of getting politically-motivated low scores at CDIs (cat dressage invitationals) just because my dressage star is an iguana.
    Shut up! You look fine! --Judybigredpony
    Ms. Brazil

12 members found this post helpful.

But he didn't say "Rafalca," he specifically said "Ralfaca" hahaha awesome! Must be a different horse Love it.

2 members found this post helpful.

It is -25C here today...but I'm in a fit of giggles over this and it for sure helps to keep me warm!!!!
    This just keeps getting better and better!!!

Interesting enough his comments on the above mentioned Dressage Today post in FB is gone. I think it's safe to say he's keeping close tabs on everything that is said/found here and whenever somebody finds a past 'gem' of his on FB he is going and deleting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post

Would you be willing to post this over in Off Topic to reach more COTH members? (just in case this thread gets locked, we will know where we can meet up to discuss cat dressage)

1 members found this post helpful.

I think a "ralfaca" may be like an alpaca. Perhaps an alpaca hybrid? And sure NP has a point, there should be no alpacas in Olympic dressage. They are probably 3 movers at best.

9 members found this post helpful.

I can still see the comments. I had no idea that NP knows Jan personally because he was almost a working student for him! Then again, I didn't know Jan rode a gelding named Ralfaca. I'm learning so much about dressage these days. I'm certain this was about the time DT approached him to write an article, as NP clearly has a finger on the pulse of dressage...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

5 members found this post helpful.

Thank you all so much for posting to link to the free horse speech forum where the carnage lives on!! I have been home sick for the past two days with the worst case of flu I have ever had and have had no strength to do anything but sleep and surf. Guess I should thank Nick too. If it weren't for delusional people like him, I would not have so much to keep me entertained while I sit under 7 blankets and die. Still sorry I never got to see the monkey/football video, but I will get over it as long as this thing train wreck keeps going.

Nick has a LinkedIn page.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

ACMEEventing:
    Ooooh!
    You sound like the perfect clinician/Maestro to come to my barn.
    My barn that is full of GP-Level riders and horses.
    That is to say it will be full of them as soon as they realize what a wonderful opportunity I am offering by hosting your future clinic.
    And I will personally award you the 2Dogs Cup as soon as I can find a suitable one at my local Goodwill.
    Isn't that how it works?

Just saw the Humpty Passage vid
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

When i saw those dressage cats on one of the other threads, I thought it was great. Unfortunately, my 20 yr old cat and my 17 yr old cat and my ex-barn cat who is 10, aren't into performing.

Please keep this thread open. The mixup on Romney's horse's sex and name is hilarious. And please, someone go to one of his clinics next time in PA or NJ and take video!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    ACMEEventing:
    Ooooh!
    You sound like the perfect clinician/Maestro to come to my barn.
    My barn that is full of GP-Level riders and horses.
    That is to say it will be full of them as soon as they realize what a wonderful opportunity I am offering by hosting your future clinic.
    And I will personally award you the 2Dogs Cup as soon as I can find a suitable one at my local Goodwill.
    Isn't that how it works?

Just saw the Humpty Passage vid
    2DogsFarm: Thank you for your interest in my clinic entitled "Airs on the way to the ground". You obviously are a dedicated individual with impeccable taste in clinicians. I can say with certainty that your barn will indeed fill with many top riders after you publicize my visit.

I strongly recommend you start a Facebook page dedicated to, well, me. I mean, it's ME. Any comments that don't inflate my reputation will be deleted (obviously) and anyone that questions my validity will be linked to up a website (managed by me) that supports my position.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

5 members found this post helpful.