The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tall boots?

I have had Sergio grasso's for the last couple of years and loved them, but they're looking a little worn. What else should I be looking at semi custom/custom wise? Thanks!

I'm long legged and have small ankles, if that makes a difference.
    a view through a 16 year old, equitation rider's lens.
    dhaperfeqtion.wordpress.com

I love the look of the Parlantis especially for long legs and small ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by dhaperfeqtion View Post
    I have had Sergio grasso's for the last couple of years and loved them, but they're looking a little worn. What else should I be looking at semi custom/custom wise? Thanks!

I'm long legged and have small ankles, if that makes a difference.
    I, too, am looking to replace my Sergio Grassos. I ordered DeNiro Ottaviano boots from Smartpak, as they come in extra tall and extra extral tall. The extra tall arrived yesterday and are BEAUTIFUL, but are just a smidge too short for me. I went ahead and ordered the extra extra tall and I am hopeful that they will work. I could not believe they were under $700 because they were every bit as nice (if not nicer) than my Sergio Grassos. I was super impressed.

if you can get them tall enough Parlantis (but be forwarned that they run short and are made of VERY thin leather and they will break eventaully (read before sergios would). I ride 4-6 days a week (3-5 horses) and they are so comfy that I basically refuse to wear anything other than them...I think they're worth it.
    Sergios are nice.
    Ariat Monaco has been getting better
    deNiro is nice
    Der-Dau off the rack works for some (and is slightly thicker leather)
    but I think Parlanti is the nicest
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

1 members found this post helpful.

I love my Ariat Monacos...I know Ariat gets a bad rap but I've never had a problem with the functionality of the boot.

3 members found this post helpful.

Eiki is a brand I've been interested in looking into for my next pair. Full custom for the price of Monacos, apparently.

I currently have a pair of Casa de las Botas (from Argentina) that I had custom made when I was there for vacation...LOVE THEM. They fit my tiny tiny ankles perfectly, were pretty much zero break in time and have been work horses for schooling and shows.

Default customs

If you need full customs for the height, and are on a budget try the Willson & Davidson. They do a full custom for $900. Leather is really nice and durable. It isn't thin leather like the Parlantis but still looks really nice.

They do zippered boots, so you can get a nice tight ankle and they wear like iron. My daughter has had hers for 3 plus years and they basically look like new. She mostly wears them for showing but they do get ridden in at home too and she's not careful about hosing off horses in them etc.

I've been quite pleased with how they fit and have worn. Their price point is great too if you are like my daughter and have a really long leg which doesn't fit into the off the rack boots.

When we ordered them, I wasn't sure if she was done growing or not and didn't want to spend a fortune on something that I wasn't sure was going to fit her the next year. I would absolutely order them again. Very happy on the fit and the customer service. For an extra $100 you can get them in four weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    Eiki is a brand I've been interested in looking into for my next pair. Full custom for the price of Monacos, apparently.

I currently have a pair of Casa de las Botas (from Argentina) that I had custom made when I was there for vacation...LOVE THEM. They fit my tiny tiny ankles perfectly, were pretty much zero break in time and have been work horses for schooling and shows.
    Could you send me some photos of your Casas on your feet? I can't seem to find any photos of normal, black boots. Thanks!
    a view through a 16 year old, equitation rider's lens.
    dhaperfeqtion.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dapple Dawn Farm View Post
    I love my Ariat Monacos...I know Ariat gets a bad rap but I've never had a problem with the functionality of the boot.
    Ditto, love mine too! Super comfortable and good looking too!

Quote Originally Posted by dhaperfeqtion View Post
    Could you send me some photos of your Casas on your feet? I can't seem to find any photos of normal, black boots. Thanks!
    The thread I posted when I got them

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...as-Botas-boots!

They can do anything you want, really. I chose to go a slightly more conservative route because of the off chance I might show in hunters someday but one of the posters on here, Faraway46 (who has multiple pairs) has some crazy stuff on hers!

I have long skinny calves and small ankles too (and a big foot). i ordered the De Nero Aurora's in an extra small, xx tall and love them, they fit like custom, broke in with no blisters and look nice. About $600 on SmartPak

I havent tried the Tucci off the rack boots, I love the look of their customs.