The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bad customers

I see the thread about bad customer service and let me tell you about bad customers.

We had a major snow storm here, people panicked and stripped the store of merchandise. It was insane to step foot into any store that sold food or snow products. Then, when they came out the day after the storm (on a day when it was illegal to travel by the way) they complained that we were out of eggs and bread.

Our bread vendors were holed up somewhere unable to move.

We were shipping in merchandise on Wednesday from a state away, our distribution center was still under a travel ban.

And that because 6 people showed up in a store that usually operates with over 100 they couldn't get a money order.

And that automotive closed early because none of the mechanics were able to get out. One customer showed up at 5:30 and had a screaming meltdown because he had a flat tire and what were we going to do about his children going hungry.

And that they came out during a travel ban and here was nobody to sell them ammo. What, were they going to shoot a polar bear?

6 members found this post helpful.

People are self-centered and stupid. Well known trait in the breed.

15 members found this post helpful.

We had a busted water pipe which flooded the mall clothing store unexpectedly and suddenly. I was standing in water up to my knees (I'm not kidding!) frantically trying to rescue the clothes on the front tables while waiting for emergency help. I'm not kidding-- several feet of standing water across the entire store (construction workers on the floor above us busted a pipe and suddenly ALL the water to the mall rushed through the ceiling into my small store). It was one of the most shocking things that had ever happened to me. I had just enough time to run to the front, lock the doors, and turn off the lights. Then I was trying to grab clothes and bring them to higher ground.

A lady knocked on the all-glass door and demanded to know why we're not open?! As though... she could not see that there was several feet of water in the store and clothes floating around?! When I answered "we had a flood!" she answered "that's ok, I just want to do a return!"
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

14 members found this post helpful.

yes I hate the stupid customer but have learned to be as dumb as they are, maybe dumber just to piss them off

1 members found this post helpful.

The fire story reminds me of several years ago when our store caught on fire. There's a news helicopter, two news vans, 3 fire trucks, a few ambulances, we're all standing outside. Customers keep pulling up and asking us when we'll reopen. Ummm?

People like these customers seem to think the sun shines out of their nether regions. Retailers are supposed to be open and available no matter the weather 24/7. I love it when a-holes are disappointed by some circumstances that I have no control over. Like the guy with the flat tire screaming and it didn't help him one bit, or the people complaining about no milk and eggs. Guess what, you still don't have a money order, tire or milk and eggs! Feel satisfaction when the universe at large shows them they are just peons!

3 members found this post helpful.

There is an entire site online about stuff like this.

http://notalwaysright.com

I check it out almost every day. Always good for a laugh.

4 members found this post helpful.

ACP thanks for the link

remarkable ( Sheldon Cooper voice)

When I was a teenager I worked at a well-known fast food chain and one day one of my co-workers, who was epileptic, had a seizure right there on the floor. We're trying to help her and get her emergency care, and some customers were getting mad that nobody was taking or fulfilling their orders. Sorry, let us just step around the sick lady on the floor...your sandwich is way more important.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

1 members found this post helpful.

My mom works at a well know hunting and outdoors store up here in the great frozen north and some of the stories that come out of there are just ridiculous. I do believe one of my favorites as of late was a lady with a "service dog" that was asked to leave. The dog in question was jumping, barking, and growling at other customers. I had no identifiers of a service dog either. The lady was asked to remove the dog and she went off! Said she was going to sue the company and yada yada yada... Some people are just plain rude entitled (insert bad word here).

As we always say in my family, There is no such thing as a dumb question, until you work in customer service...
    Just keep swimming... Just keep swimming

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post

Good link!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post

Heehee, one of my calls is actually posted on there! I was the tech support rep on the call.

Don't miss their sister sites: www.notalwaysworking.com and www.notalwayslearning.com - Just as funny
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.