The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SharonWF View Post
    Great Suggestion! I have been looking at RID's all morning. Steeped in Luck is nice. I also like this Hunk : http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...89040126863753
    If you're referring to Harkaway Lion Hawk, I'm with you! Very nice. Anyone have any idea how tall he is? This page talks about his inspection and smaller stature for heavier mares. http://www.castlegatestud.com/harkaway-lionhawk.html I'm a sucker for big, gorgeous grays. Great marks for temperament too. Would love to know more.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Voltaire.

Jens Richter's global equine sires, stored at pioneer equine, California.

1 members found this post helpful.

Cumano.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Cumano.
    oooh, where can one get Cumano in North America? Dr. Samper in BC sold out yrs ago. please do tell!

Check the european websites. Cumano is definitely an old fashioned WB, and was a great jumper.

Hawk is now in Ireland, but there is a small supply of frozen available. He is not very large - around 16 hands. Tony & Sarah owned him in the US and would be happy to tell you more about him http://www.belltowerstud.com/

If you want a gorgeous grey in fresh, Dandelion Diamond Rebel has thrown amazing temperaments for us along with being athletic and good movers
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatFarm View Post
    If you're referring to Harkaway Lion Hawk, I'm with you! Very nice. Anyone have any idea how tall he is? This page talks about his inspection and smaller stature for heavier mares. http://www.castlegatestud.com/harkaway-lionhawk.html I'm a sucker for big, gorgeous grays. Great marks for temperament too. Would love to know more.
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by horsetales View Post

If you want a gorgeous grey in fresh, Dandelion Diamond Rebel has thrown amazing temperaments for us along with being athletic and good movers
    Yep, gorgeous but too big for my Dutch mare but an excellent suggestion for the OP.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Check the european websites. Cumano is definitely an old fashioned WB, and was a great jumper.
    so cloudyandcallie, no info on cumano in North America?

Another lovely Irish Draft standing stud in WA is Manu Forti's Touch Down RID. Check him out at www.irishhuntersandjumpers.com. I've seen several of his TB cross offspring and they are typey with good bone.
    Judy
    Sylvan Farm~Breeding for Performance
    Ramzes SF, approved GOV and Belgian http://sylvanfarm.com
    USSHBA Steering Committe member

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan farm View Post
    Another lovely Irish Draft standing stud in WA is Manu Forti's Touch Down RID. Check him out at www.irishhuntersandjumpers.com. I've seen several of his TB cross offspring and they are typey with good bone.
    Thank you so much for mentioning Ollie, Judy Since you have known him since he was a sprout, it is high praise that you recommend him. If you get down our way, give me a shout - I would love to have you walk around the Ollie Girls now that they are grown and gorgeous!
    All the best to you,
    Kate
    Homesick Angels Farm
    breeders of quality Irish Draught Sporthorses
    standing Manu Forti's Touch Down RID
    www.IrishHuntersandJumpers.com

These are available frozen but put on the big size...Farrington, Prestige and Carlton Hill. Farrington is one of a few KWPN riding stallions that can produce the old Gelders type too. I can't guarantee they put on a roman nose thow!

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst