The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Slightly edited and locked but not poofed. It's never been poofed.
    I guess you're right. Locked isn't quite the same as poofed.
    Last edited by Sticky Situation; Jan. 3, 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Autocorrect ... Yes, "poofed" is a word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    I admit it.

I read it . . . all 54 pages.

I also lost eleventy hundred brain cells in the process but my empty wine glass says it was worth it.

(I'm just glad I got in before the *poof*)
    Me too. Just got in before the lock.

but my empty wine glass says it was worth it.
    If you didn't have an empty wine bottle by the end of that, you're doing it wrong

5 members found this post helpful.

What's even more disturbing is that there are still people on his FB page who apparently "support" him.

He also seems to think that the increase in "likes" on his page indicates that he is gaining more support... when really I am pretty sure that most people who are "liking" his page are doing so because it is a fun train wreck to watch.

It really may be the most epic thread ever, purely for the fact that the guy SERIOUSLY seems to think he can convince us all he knows what the hell he is doing....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Yep, I don't know how I made it through the whole thing on one glass of wine. OOPS, forgot I had 2 beers b4 that.

This is not the typical Coth train wreck, but more like a bullet train. Hadn't read anything that good since the horse trainer/murderer thread on OC.
    That's cuz you were glued to the whole wreck.
    Taking it day by day!

I admit it, I liked his page. It can't be any worse than the OTTB Connect page.

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm still offering the $50 for a video of a Cother at one of his clinics, even though the NJ clinic apparently has been canceled. And once more, thanks mods, for reopening that thread. Someone told me about it after it was locked the first time. Then voila, it reappeared.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for telling us about the thread and posting the link to the video. I love a good COTH trainwreck! Is it worth reading through all 56 pages? I made it through the hundreds of pages of PintoPiaffe dramz but it took a while.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz View Post
    If you didn't have an empty wine bottle by the end of that, you're doing it wrong
    Hellloooo, I didn't say how big the glass was! And for the record, if it gets refilled before getting all the way empty it counts as 'a' glass.

I believe it has been officially poofed. *sniff* I miss it already . . .
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

My first thought went straight to a previous trainer/employer of mine telling me quite loudly in a group lesson to stop riding like a monkey humping a football...
    Failure is always an option*
    -Mythbusters

*As long as you figure out what you f'ed up and fix it! -Me

3 members found this post helpful.

Hellloooo, I didn't say how big the glass was! And for the record, if it gets refilled before getting all the way empty it counts as 'a' glass.

Re: the never OFFICIALLY empty (so it doesn't "count" as another) wine glass...HeeHee!

I was alerted to this EPIC trainwreck by a friend/student (damn her), and 3+ hours of my life later!! Gah! My poor DH, I ignored him all afternoon while I sat on the couch, glued to this thread, cackling and guffawing with shocked glee (and horror) as I scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled (and clicked on the links, more entertainment value, and QUELLE HORROR!) and only occasionally sharing the "rare tidbit" with him.

He did chime in with "this guy sounds like he's the end of the horse that you don't put the bridle on"...

Great God Almighty. One for the record books, and COTH favorites!

What struck me as peculiar was that in the clips where you heard him talking, he sounded like he was born and bred in the USA, yet his posts (and writing) made him sound like he was NOT native to this country (grammar, syntax, etc.) Did he think this would be "part of his mystique"?

Is he attempting to "sound" European, when in reality he is just a [guy] from PA who writes bad checks (as does his [edit] wife) and masquerades as an "elite DRESS-ahge trainer" who teaches the "art of the masters"??

Gott in Himmel.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jan. 5, 2014 at 05:06 AM.
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TBPONY View Post
    Is it worth reading through all 56 pages?
    Oh yes it is. I don't often say that and have skipped through a few, but this one is worth it. You don't want to miss not only the houseguest exploding, but also the discovery of check fraud and a whole host of other delights.
    Life doesn't have perfect footing.

Bloggily entertain yourself with our adventures (and disasters):
    We Are Flying Solo

Definitely, worth every wasted hour; this is one for the ages, and a "must read." Especially if your stomach muscles need a good workout...I am STILL laughing at this thing.
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I love the way everyone just blows off the exploding house guest and carries on. Must have been frustrating for her.

This is the most fun I've ever had with dressage.

14 members found this post helpful.

Oh yeah, I spent last night reading this trainwreck and it was SO worth it! Especially the saddle-numping video! The video of the Friesian cross with the chains/not-chains was still pretty crappy riding, but not nearly as craptastic as the "piaffe"-in-mah-pants/saddle-numping video--that one was CLASSIC!!!
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

Topline Leather's Etsy Shop

His FB page is amazing. I've been banned from it of course, but I dearly want to post to it lol!

Comparing himself to Nuno Oliviera, defending his use of "flexions" on the poor mare and accusing us "critics" of just not understanding why he doesn't give...I can't WAIT for his new FB and YouTube!

Eie, yie, yie!
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

Oh no, it's still there. You think it's gone but then when you're unsuspecting it comes back.
    *CrowneDragon*
    As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

Quote Originally Posted by cindywilson View Post
    This is the most fun I've ever had with dressage.
    YES! I am a little sad though because I was explaining to DH what all the giggling was about and wanted to show him the video, but the link doesn't work - says the video is private. Oh well, it was too good to last...poor Katie must have gotten severd.

The FB page is still a bit entertaining if you can catch comments before he deletes them. I'm thinking his new website will be filled with photos and videos of him riding horses at the clinic in Iowa.