The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1180

Because we're totally going to believe the words of a man who writes like English is a foreign language for him and is already fraudulently using another barn's address... Trying to lie about working from another barn? Why not.

25 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    I don't really think he's an "intentional" fraud; he's flat-out delusional which IMO is more indicative of a dangerous personality. I think he really believes he's this great rider and super-talented and knowledgeable horse trainer.
    You know, I agree. I knew a person who advertised themselves as a GP rider/trainer. This was before it was so easy to look up show results. Lots of people drank the Kool-Aid before it was revealed that this person *actually believed* they were a GP trainer in a past life, and that was their credentials for this life. In retrospect it's a funny story but at the time this person wreaked a lot of havoc on people and horses. I knew another trainer who advertised themselves as a GP rider because they took lessons on a GP schoolmaster (was a training-level rider). Again - wreaked havoc on people and horses. I think people who so grossly misrepresent themselves can cause a lot of trouble, if not a lot of damage if they are as delusional as this guy is. He posted a "reply" from "his publisher" on his FB page regarding his dressage book. The publisher clearly replied that they don't even consider taking on a book unless they get a completed manuscript with pictures, so he'd have to submit a finished product even to be considered. You can see from the exchange that there isn't even a book "in real preparation", much less submitted for acceptance/publication.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Peronace View Post
    Horse people can be so crazy, and lady, you are a complete nut!
    Oh my... I'm going to keep my mouth shut... don't want to add to the drama...

Just a note: I am so glad this thread is here. And....I looked again at the video of the percheron/friesian/? horse after the 2nd thread (on eventing) was closed, and if you look at it and listen, the clinking sound is rhymic even when the horse is being ridden in a circle AWAY from the walls of the indoor. So there is something on that horse making that sound. Do rhythm beads sound like that? My friend bought some to use on her horse and they did make a sound, but not that sound as in the video.

Oh and.....did Katie get "servered?"

2 members found this post helpful.

Nick Peronace Dressage
    about an hour ago
    Am I to understand that my recognition as a great Italian American is now in question by the same jealous morons who have no life? I understand that Sarah MacFarlane has been saying that its fraudulent. Im HAPPY to produce the letter from NIAF....REALLY, GET A FUC*EN LIFE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

running for office. Super professional.....

8 members found this post helpful.

*sips coffee*

This should help pass the last hour at work.

In all seriousness, I am SO skeptical of trainers just for this reason. So many wackos. Once you find some good ones, hold on to them!!
    Team Ginger

12 members found this post helpful.

We're going to merge this thread with the original to keep all the information and opinions together. We've removed some posts making some comments about this trainer that go beyond that which has been proven, particularly in terms of potential future behavior.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

7 members found this post helpful.

Wow. Just when we all thought that the show had left town, we are treated to an encore! (Or maybe it's just "the thing that won't leave.)

Clapping of hands. We are being given a respite from our winter boredom, yet again, Whee!

Mr. Peronace, your behavior is infantile--at best--and anyone who teaches anything to *anyone* should have enough insight and sensitivity to realize how one is being perceived by one's "target audience" (or in this case, potential students); when they run screaming from you (or avoid you like the plague), that would be a "hint" that you are not being well-received.

Time to get some professional help, methinks...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

6 members found this post helpful.

Why do you people keep starting up these threads when I am busy at work???

Have you ever heard of cocktail hour?

Woe... woe

23 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Manahmanah View Post
    It really is the gift that keeps giving.
    As you said, Manamanah - CoTH Herpes. Best line ever!
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Just a note: I am so glad this thread is here. And....I looked again at the video of the percheron/friesian/? horse after the 2nd thread (on eventing) was closed, and if you look at it and listen, the clinking sound is rhymic even when the horse is being ridden in a circle AWAY from the walls of the indoor. So there is something on that horse making that sound. Do rhythm beads sound like that? My friend bought some to use on her horse and they did make a sound, but not that sound as in the video.

Agreed. I still hear a funky noise. But I don't ride in an indoor arena frequently enough to recognize normal percussion versus funky percussion. Especially if the ground were frozen. So I'll let that dog lie...

We need some sort of COTH bat signal so that those who missed it the first time can see what they missed!
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Peronace View Post
    Thats NOT what happen Jackie and YOU know it!

You go around beating your mare to trot like a donkey.
    Everyone who comes out to watch you will see that.

I got you great results and you were trotting by yourself
    with no problems. When I asked about coming out, you said
    because the other trainer left that you are having money problems, and
    could not pay for my training, but YOU ASKED ME to email you wgat it would
    take to get me there as head trainer. I did just that, and really gave you a sweet deal.

Later that day I get a phone call from another trainer who says SHE is the trainer there and how dare I invade on her turf! I then called you and because
    you couldnt answer for it, and how Unprofessional you were by showing my proposal to another trainer just like you just showed everybody here, you hung up on me!!
    I wasnt done talking or asking my questions, so yes I called you back. Instead of being an adult and answering your phone, I left a vm. I didnt say anything on thst vm other then the type of person you are!

THATS THE TRUTH!!
    Now, people of course will its a lie. Thats ok. But I have told my side, and I hope these people come to your farm and see you beat that poor mare!!

What Im still lost about was why?
    Why ask me to make you a proposal if you already had a trainer?
    Why ask for my help at all if your trainer was already helping you?

Horse people can be so crazy, and lady, you are a complete nut!
    Mr. Peronance, you may first want to look up the word "truth" in the dictionary...you obviously were absent that day in school!

Second, Golden Gait Farm does not, or has ever had a "head trainer" We have multiple disciplines, Dressage, 3 day Eventing and Hunters/Jumpers/Equitation. You lied to me and misled me regarding your credentials which is why I even allowed you to come to the farm for an interview. Yes, our Dressage trainer of the last 3 years purchased her own farm because she needed more stalls for her personal growth and that left a small block of stalls open. You lied to me and told me you were leasing space at a farm in PA and were not happy there and wanted to relocate to NJ. The only results you got for me were how to spot a con artist a mile away! Should I tell the story now of how when you entered the barn and my horse was on the cross ties you asked to give her a treat and then proceeded to pet her on her face and she innocently cleared her nasal passage *snort* and you jumped out of your skin and turned purple? If you would like me to go into further detail of your visit here, I can go on for quite some time, as trainers and clients in my barn are STILL talking about you! My intention of this post and requesting you to remove my photos from your Facebook page was not meant in any way to embarrass you, you are doing a good enough job of that on your own. I do not want to be associated with you in any way. I do thank you for removing my photos from your page and blocking me from it's access.

Lastly...No one here "beats" a horse. I'm not sure where that fabrication comes from...Oh, your delusional mind, that's right! I did not say I couldn't afford you, in fact I did say I would not pay you for something I did not feel you were qualified for! You begged me to announce you as head trainer, that is the point I knew you were nuts! I told you that your time away from the horse world was not beneficial to you and what you were trying to achieve over night. I was being very nice. And I did tell you I had to call you back when you called me because I had a horse in my hand and you demanded I listen to you and listen good! I'm sorry, but that is just not the way I conduct business.

Best wishes Mr. Peronace!

69 members found this post helpful.

Dear Nick, Can you please tell me where you showed your lovely horse Chevy at Grand Prix? Your Dressage at Devon Chevy's Cup description says that you trained and showed your horse at GP. I know another person who trained and showed her Appy to GP, yours would be the second I know of if this is true.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddfox View Post
    We need some sort of COTH bat signal so that those who missed it the first time can see what they missed!
    Not a bat signal, a FRUITBAT signal!
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

34 members found this post helpful.

Am I the only one who thinks a book by "The Maestro" would be highly entertaining? Sure, it'd need to be Dewey Decimal'd under Humor in order to avoid misleading people, but I'd read it for the laughs.

4 members found this post helpful.

And now I'm doing airs above the ground! Bless you all for making my cold miserable day!!!

7 members found this post helpful.

Am I the only one who thinks a book by "The Maestro" would be highly entertaining? Sure, it'd need to be Dewey Decimal'd under Humor in order to avoid misleading people, but I'd read it for the laughs.
    Yes - But I'd only get it from the library...I certainly would not pay for it!
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

4 members found this post helpful.

It would be like the autobiography of Ron Burgundy

15 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fatorangehorse View Post
    It would be like the autobiography of Ron Burgundy
    “You are a smelly pirate hooker. Why don’t you go back to your home on Whore Island?” — Ron Burgundy

15 members found this post helpful.