The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

From his page:

BUT REMEMBER WHAT U ALL TRIED TO CLAIM: "He is a scam, they never even heard of him".

Well obviously they have, just like you are wrong about this you are wrong about everything else you have ever heard negative about me.
    You simply do not know the truth and in some cases the full story to some of the negativity that I've experienced in my life. Instead of pointing a finger, why not just send me a private message and politely ask a question?

We also remember what HE TRIED TO CLAIM that he was offered a position and turned it down in favor of his family.

ETA Everything on the internet that reflects well on me, well that's me
    Everything on the internet that doesn't reflect well on me, well that's someone else with the same name or someone who's hacked my computer.

5 members found this post helpful.

try this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...e=3&permPage=1

Any luck for getting it to play for you?

Can someone extract it or take a video of it? You must share the majik!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    He's riding a very nice horse around in circles, mostly at a canter with a bit of trotting at the end. Horse appears to be a bit too behind the bit for my tastes and to be honest...I don't think Nick is riding the horse any better than I could and I make no claims toward being any sort of haute ecole rider.
    Can't find his hands. Can't find his hands!!! Not that I really want to know where they are or what they are doing...

15 members found this post helpful.

Is he riding the Friesian? The one he said was going to go FEI in the very near future? The one with no show record?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    try this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...e=3&permPage=1

Any luck for getting it to play for you?
    Yes, it played for me. Nice horse. And no stuff liken the appy. Appy ought to sue and "SERVER" Nick. Helmet needed though.

Quote Originally Posted by alternate_universe View Post
    Is he riding the Friesian? The one he said was going to go FEI in the very near future? The one with no show record?
    Yes, he's riding this horse
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

The sad thing is he is not a bad rider in that quick video. It is nothing earth shattering....just a guy cantering a horse on a circle. He has the horse too far behind the vertical, but not anything different than you see in every warm up ring at a show. Certainly not "classical", but not horrible. If he had just presented himself honestly, worked on building a real professional reputation through himself talking lessons with true (in person, not books) trainers, developed a show career, etc he probably could have built himself a business.

However, everyone wants to be a "master" without truly doing the actual work it takes to be master. And I am not talking about "self training" one horse when you were 17 years old. I am talking about having an apprenticeship, a true learning experience and THEN becoming a professional. For example, Katherine Bateson Chandler worked under the tutelage of Robert Dover for something like 14 years before taking over the reins....not just sitting next to him at Devon.

Then to make false claims of riding positions, books, articles, etc just make it impossible to take someone seriously, ever. I can't imagine the bridge can ever be rebuilt. So sad.
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

26 members found this post helpful.

Someone should ask him what he was trying to accomplish in the video. See what he comes up with.

1 members found this post helpful.

The horse is owned by Leann Nelson, according to Mr. Peronace.

He is at training level, but "the horse and it's owner are on their way to FEI", AND "It is also a reality that they could represent the USEF at some point".

2 members found this post helpful.

I persevered, you are welcome :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB67...ature=youtu.be
    Quarry Rat

7 members found this post helpful.

She wants $80,000 for the horse he is riding, so said Ms. Nelson on Nick's facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Blume Farm View Post
    The sad thing is he is not a bad rider in that quick video. It is nothing earth shattering....just a guy cantering a horse on a circle. He has the horse too far behind the vertical, but not anything different than you see in every warm up ring at a show. Certainly not "classical", but not horrible. If he had just presented himself honestly, worked on building a real professional reputation through himself talking lessons with true (in person, not books) trainers, developed a show career, etc he probably could have built himself a business.

However, everyone wants to be a "master" without truly doing the actual work it takes to be master. And I am not talking about "self training" one horse when you were 17 years old. I am talking about having an apprenticeship, a true learning experience and THEN becoming a professional. For example, Katherine Bateson Chandler worked under the tutelage of Robert Dover for something like 14 years before taking over the reins....not just sitting next to him at Devon.

Then to make false claims of riding positions, books, articles, etc just make it impossible to take someone seriously, ever. I can't imagine the bridge can ever be rebuilt. So sad.
    Well said. Just what I was thinking.

4 members found this post helpful.

I loved the statement that the horse in the video was on his way to FEI and would likely represent the USET at some point.

Not that everyone doesn't start somewhere...but geez, by those standards I've got a grand prix jumping pony and an OTTB who will certainly place in the top ten at Rolex in my field (by real world standards they are both green, but nice, willing horses who don't possess any terribly specialized skill yet).

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Yes, he's riding this horse
    Ummmm, so?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Ummmm, so?
    They asked if he was riding that horse, I was just linking to the post about him?
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

7 members found this post helpful.

It is sad, however I have no patience with this kind of person.

I care about the people who might pay a large sum of money for a clinic taught by someone who falsifies their credentials ,not to mention their address (I still can't get over THAT whopper).

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blume Farm View Post

THIS. It's not horrific like the other video. He looks like an AA who has ridden at some point in the past but is in the early stages of learning about dressage and needs to put some serious and quality time in with a qualified trainer. It goes without saying that he is no master, and IMO has no business teaching.

He buried himself with his lies. He could have probably built a business of up and downers with zero drama while he put the actual work in to become a skilled rider. I think I said it earlier and I still say it now, his lies are offensive to those of us, AAs and Pros alike, who take our riding seriously and put in real, honest work to become skilled at what we do.

37 members found this post helpful.

I have trained in ALL High School movements
    Me too. Except for math. I didn't do so well at math.

Or were we talking about something else?

When's the Jersey clinic again? I've got to pop up in that direction at some point to see my grandmother...
    ---
    They're small hearts.

19 members found this post helpful.

He's now earned the "klassikal" stamp. All well and good if you want to ride a horse deep, but don't label yourself "classical/klassikal" and do the opposite of what those texts he supposedly read say.

You know, with some lessons, he wouldn't be a bad rider. There's potential there. Not enough to hang out a shingle as a trainer though…
    RIP my beautiful Lola, ????–August 29, 2014