The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    His FB page is kind of a gong show. How anyone can ride with someone who is so unprofessional and immature is beyond me.
    I loved the Gong Show- Chuck Barris, The Unknown Comic, Gene Gene the Dancing Machine.... but alas, his FB cannot hold a candle to these comic legends. But I better clam up before I get severed/served.

4 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the facebook read Equibrit. Oh my.

A pillar of the community?

Has anyone taken screen shots of this man's claims about the "book" that he claimed Xenophen Press was going to publish, the article in DT, the false claim about the Dutch farm considering him as a trainer and the address that he claims is his own but is not?

If not , please do. I don't know how.

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm glad they opened this thread too! I need the entertainment. I visited his Facebook page the other day, but am unable to find more than a handful of pics of him riding and no videos. I think he would better be able to defend and promote himself professionally if he would just post a current video of himself riding...

Heck, i videos on my Facebook that are less than flattering but they are on my PERSONAL AND PRIVATE page and are there for sentimental value.

Even when asked nicely he has not been interested in sharing anything that would be helpful or current.

ETA: Equibrit beat me to the punch line!
    Boston Strong

Founding member of the Wheat Loss Clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Uh oh, poor Katie. She's going to be serverd. Does that mean she's going to be cut in half or have her computer hacked? By a pillar, no less.

He's going to piaffe her with a server.

That's gonna leave a mark.

22 members found this post helpful.

I am so glad this was re-opened too! How I missed it the first time around is beyond me, but I just have to say, Mr. Peronace and kellydressage have given me a most entertaining day at work. I think the video should be sent in to Tosh.0 and then he could get a Web Redemption
    Quarry Rat

15 members found this post helpful.

Lawdy lawd. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Poor Nick. Literally a pillar. I wonder how he types.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

13 members found this post helpful.

Obviously kelly types for him, duhhhh
    Quarry Rat

9 members found this post helpful.

Well, I'd defend anyone. I'm inactive, but I can take 12 hours of courses on line in a day or two and reactivate my bar card. Is this the same thread someone sent me or is it a new one? I missed posting before the lock because I don't read the dressage forum much. But one of my horses had a paternal grandsire and a maternal great grandsire who "dressaged" a bit. How to link old videos of Samber and Inschallah? (And I think Hat Trick's sire Impressionist did some dressage too?)

Truth is a defense. Posting what is public record on the web and calling or emailing people to determine if the info is true is not defamation. It's good investigation.

And "servered" sounds like some kind of aggravated assault. Service is not usually allowed by mail, btw. Maybe "severd-ing" is??????????? And I want to thank the poster who screenshot the video of the appy.

ETA: This is the first time I've been "in" after the lock. And I agree, the appy needs someone to represent him. Maybe the ASPCA?

25 members found this post helpful.

1. OMG, this thread is AMAZING.

2. That poor, poor appaloosa

3. Wow.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Thanks for the facebook read Equibrit. Oh my.

A pillar of the community?

Has anyone taken screen shots of this man's claims about the "book" that he claimed Xenophen Press was going to publish, the article in DT, the false claim about the Dutch farm considering him as a trainer and the address that he claims is his own but is not?

If not , please do. I don't know how.

The book and article claims are on his actual website, under the press release section

http://www.padressagetrainer.com/press-release.php

i believe the dutch training opportunity was found on his Facebook page

It's too bad that the "Master" doesn't feel the need to address his claims (which have proven to be false) and provide an explanation.

Being (literally ) a pillar of the community and all, one would expect him to..

1 members found this post helpful.

I have absolutely nothing to add except...

This is spec-tacular!

5 members found this post helpful.

Claim that his "publisher" and Dressage Today approached him to be an author.

"I deeply respect Devon for thinking outside the box, and it seemed that everywhere we went on the grounds, in every barn and every ring, people knew who I was and congratulated me. I was approached by my publisher that day, and Dressage Today. 2014 will see me as an author for "non warmblood dressage"!!"

And the claim that he turned down a trainer position with Van Olst.

"I suppose it is safe to say this now because I'm not going to follow through with it. The Van Olst Breeders in Holland ( Ferro, Negro, Netto) were considering me for a trainer position. They really loved the pictures of Chevy, and also how light I ride. They saw a few video clips and wanted me to try out in person. I can not move my family to another country, and I guess I just wanted to see if I could make it? But either way, Im here to stay folks lol!!"

And his website with claims that Xenophon Press is publishing a book. Along with the address of a barn that has no affiliation with him.

"10-12-13, Dressage book about "Training The Non-Warmblood" to be released by major publisher Xenophon Press sometime in 2014!!!!!"

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    ETA: This is the first time I've been "in" after the lock. And I agree, the appy needs someone to represent him. Maybe the ASPCA?

Oooh I think that one deserves PETA ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Claim that his "publisher" and Dressage Today approached him to be an author.

"I deeply respect Devon for thinking outside the box, and it seemed that everywhere we went on the grounds, in every barn and every ring, people knew who I was and congratulated me. I was approached by my publisher that day, and Dressage Today. 2014 will see me as an author for "non warmblood dressage"!!"

"I suppose it is safe to say this now because I'm not going to follow through with it. The Van Olst Breeders in Holland ( Ferro, Negro, Netto) were considering me for a trainer position. They really loved the pictures of Chevy, and also how light I ride. They saw a few video clips and wanted me to try out in person. I can not move my family to another country, and I guess I just wanted to see if I could make it? But either way, Im here to stay folks lol!!"
    Thanks Appsolute. It's good to have them preserved in case he decides to try to make them disappear ..
    Where is the one in which he mentions Xenophen Press by name?

4 members found this post helpful.

"plllar of" not "pillar in" one's community. Unless he's saying something different. Is this in english?

well to split hairs he did not say he was offered the job, did he?
    " considering" is not the same as "offered" and might just be a polite way of declining.

So it would be more interesting if they have never heard of him or 'considered' him for any job.

He's on Facebook RIGHT NOW if you guys want to play too
    Quarry Rat

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Appsolute. It's good to have them preserved in case he decides to try to make them disappear ..
    Where is the one in which he mentions Xenophen Press by name?
    I edited and added the Xenophen reference - along with the bogus farm address

2 members found this post helpful.