The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up WOW CANTER .A Colt #155

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=279

Right pedigree best color and of course it's during the holiday shopping and hay stock the loft season..hope someone got her!

The power of COTH is Strong update 12/15/13

Cottonpickinwabbit
    Moon Sparkle
    Falconhurst
    Saintly Love

All CANTER horses All in new COTHer barns.....for Holiday!!
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Jan. 1, 2014 at 08:15 AM.

6 members found this post helpful.

OMG I want her!!

I don't need another gray mare (ha) but I've been tracking this filly on Equibase all summer. I had no idea she'd end up on CANTER. I hadn't seen photos of her, but had her tagged because of her breeding. I'm a Sightseeing stalker and AP Indy addict.

WANT WANT WANT. If only she wasn't in PA. That's so far. How would I vet her. What if she has soundness issues. But, but...

Darn you, JBRP. I haven't wanted a CANTER horse this badly since I got San Silvestro two years ago (who has turned out to be simply awesome).

Ok it's too late tonight, I'll call in the morning. A phone call can't hurt, right?
    Last edited by EventerAJ; Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

1 members found this post helpful.

What a shoulder! Beautiful neck on her too. Out in Cali they'd be asking at least 4k on the trainer listings....

Wow. That's a NICE filly! What a shoulder! Cripes!

Go for it, Eventer AJ! I think she's lovely. I wish her neck were longer, but she's only 3! Interesting breeding, too.

2 members found this post helpful.

I sent this link to my daughter. Her mare died a year ago and now that she is out of college and an employed engineer, she is ready to buy another horse. What is the norm for buying TB's thru listings like FL and Canter? Do people ever buy them without actually trying them? How do you do the PPE? We live in Florida, and while it isn't out of the question to fly there, does anyone actually buy without trying them out? How has that worked out?
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Quote Originally Posted by EventerAJ View Post
    OMG I want her!!

I don't need another gray mare (ha) but I've been tracking this filly on Equibase all summer. I had no idea she'd end up on CANTER. I hadn't seen photos of her, but had her tagged because of her breeding. I'm a Sightseeing stalker and AP Indy addict.

WANT WANT WANT. If only she wasn't in PA. That's so far. How would I vet her. What if she has soundness issues. But, but...

Darn you, JBRP. I haven't wanted a CANTER horse this badly since I got San Silvestro two years ago (who has turned out to be simply awesome).

Ok it's too late tonight, I'll call in the morning. A phone call can't hurt, right?

PA isn't too far....she is very nice!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
    I sent this link to my daughter. Her mare died a year ago and now that she is out of college and an employed engineer, she is ready to buy another horse. What is the norm for buying TB's thru listings like FL and Canter? Do people ever buy them without actually trying them? How do you do the PPE? We live in Florida, and while it isn't out of the question to fly there, does anyone actually buy without trying them out? How has that worked out?
    I also live in Florida and have bought two TBs off of track listings. No vetting and bought off pics/pedigree. Sent the money through paypal and arranged a shipper and they arrived, the same horse as in the listing.

My first guy was nice enough, got him shipped to me and bought for $600. Sound, was fine after some let down, and I restarted with no issues. Sold him after a few months of retraining and some over fences work for a profit.

Just bought one two months ago for $1000 shipped to my door from West Virginia. Has been super to restart and I bought him off pics and a short video of him trotting. Sound so far and hopefully I can get him to a BN in the spring.

I'm a bit of a risk taker, but in the end if they don't work out I have a place to keep them and will be on to the next one. One day it will bite me in the ass, but then again so can a 20k horse. My prelim horse has been one of the hardest horses to keep sound and I paid a pretty penny for him so really it;s horses.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

3 members found this post helpful.

Enablers, all of you!

I will call. I have a trainer friend who happens to be at Penn, and maybe she can help, assuming the filly isn't already gone by tomorrow morning. The good ones go so fast.

If it's not meant to be, I'll just have to keep waiting for my gray Sightseeing weanling colt to grow up and look like that. He has a wonderful mind, but is in an awkward ugly duckling stage right now. I hope he turns into a swan like Moon Sparkles!
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

5 members found this post helpful.

Fingers crossed for you. Her name makes me giggle. I kind of hope she keeps it.

Cute filly. Really cute name, although it brings up images of rainbows and unicorns.

EventerAJ ...I can see what's the scoop find you a vet n even bring her here until you can get a shipper...same as Fordtractr n Acme....

Her shoulder is massive! I bet she can jump the moon!
    You can't fix stupid.

Lori T - lots of folks (both racing and hj/eventing/dressage) are shipping to Florida right now or soon. If your daughter finds something she likes, I bet someone can help find a ride. There are two gorgeous horses on the Mountaineer track on the Mid-Atlantic CANTER site: Osceola Gal and Northern Monarch.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=284

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=284

Beautiful mare. Wish I had the time/money/space for another horse!

Love his pedigree..

Now I am giving this guy a shot only because I tI am giving the benefit of knowing he was being jogged on a slippery angled slope I have seen his sire and always good luck with Mr. Greely mares get...

I would absolutely get those X-rays and have them looked at....my Vet is at AAEP until end of week....luv me a colt

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=285

Now this guys injury if I could see X-rays may sound scary BUT I have had 4 horses with that type of,injury...It doesn t fuse ( joints fuse) the sesmoid heals with a Fiberous union and If Non displaced and no soft tissue damage ( need ultrasound) this could be the WOW find of year.
    My best lifetime heart horse had this injury and it didn t stop him from being a heart stopping jaw dropping mover and jumper SOUND. Which is why I now have another keep for me with same injury who is 100% sound and will pass PPE with X-rays and ultrasound..but he s not for sale....Don't let this scare you off what a fabulous looking horse!! Be still my heart he is by St Averi (St Ballado) out of a Not For Love Mare.......someone take my phone away from me....

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=285
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Add ons

She is absolutely lovely, but I could never show a horse named 'Moon Sparkles' without falling off from laughing so hard hearing her name over the loud-speakers.

5 members found this post helpful.

Hello saintly love......

Here's one close to me... What do you experienced folks think? Since we are posting other canter cuties.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ings&Itemid=61

I really like the Saintly Love horse a lot. I noticed him this morning. I've never dealt with that kind of injury but always got the impression that fractured sesamoids were a "run away" type thing for jumping horses. I really like him though.

I like the face on Rock Solid Charm.