The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Detox, specifically Hvy Metal Cleanse by Renew Life.

I've been experiencing some odd changes, noticing weird stuff that I initially attributed to menopause/ perimenopause. The more research I did the more I'm suspecting something else is going on. So I'm starting with this 'cleanse'.

Has anybody under gone it using this product? What motivated you to try it? What did you experience during? After? Any palpable difference?

I'm not much for fasting because my blood sugar gets wonky QUICK. I'm not diagnosed with having any specific trouble, but that 6 hr glucose tolerance test was AWFUL, though technically I tested WNL. Point being, if anybody can suggest other cleanse diets/ nutritional changes to help purify, I'd love to know. I also have a Nutribullet and had forgotten about it. So recipes for detox/ liver/ kidney cleanse shakes are appreciated as well.

TYSM.

As far as I know, cleanses have absolutely no effect on the body. The body is efficient as purging itself of unwanted substances.

What sort of changes have you been experiencing?
    come what may

Rest in peace great mare, 1987-2013

5 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Echoing SAcres--no real effect beyond hunger for a cleanse. Your body is remarkably good at cleansing itself. If your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly, then your self-cleaning mechanism is not working properly.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

1 members found this post helpful.

If you really have a heavy metal problem, the only thing that will work that I'm aware of is chelation therapy. It's not a do it yourself project.

Here's some info about heavy metal toxicity.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/814960-overview
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

True detoxification for heavy metals is most assuredly not by ingestion of some nostrum purveyed by any OTC supplier of dietary supplements or the like.
    In many cases, it involves some relatively unpleasant parenteral medication.

Your own liver does a pretty amazing job of detoxification, in day to day existence.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

5 members found this post helpful.

Drink plenty of water, get enough fiber, and let your liver do its job. As others have already said, the so-called "detoxes" are a waste of money.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

2 members found this post helpful.

If you're having symptoms, OP they would be worth investigating. Whatever they are, unless you know you have heavy metal exposure, that would be one of the last things I would think of to be causing problems.

Are you in a high tick borne disease area?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

The GGT is meant to be awful. Well, not "meant to be" as in designed to be unpleasant for shits&giggles, but it is a generally unpleasant test. That you found it awful in no way points to there being something wrong with your body, it's a completely normal reaction.
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia