The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 217 of 217
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Still jingling and hoping for good a outcome. I sure hope your horses know how lucky they are to live with you.
    Thanks, but I don't think they have a clue. I keep threatening them that I'm throwing them all out in a field with sharp objects and will let them fend for themselves if they don't cut out the vet bills.
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Nov. 10, 2011
    Posts
    909

    Default

    I just read through this... and all I can say is God love you, Kiwayu!

    I'm supposed to give my mare her botulism vaccine today and now I'm scared!



  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatappy View Post
    I just read through this... and all I can say is God love you, Kiwayu!

    I'm supposed to give my mare her botulism vaccine today and now I'm scared!
    Don't worry! From what I've been told, I had better chances of winning lotto.
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    9,198

    Default How is Kiwi's eye ? Jingles & AO continue ~

    How is Kiwi's eye ?

    Jingles & AO continue !


    How is your 4th horse ? Name ?
    He must be jealous of all the attention the other three receive
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zu Zu View Post
    How is Kiwi's eye ?

    Jingles & AO continue !


    How is your 4th horse ? Name ?
    He must be jealous of all the attention the other three receive
    4th horse is fine, damn QH's are so hardy compared to these ottb's! His name is Focus and he loves on just hay and never seems to have any issues, thank god!

    Kiwi's eye is still bothering him. Waiting for the cytology results and then will go from there. Was told to just continue meds until we get the results. Vet thinks kiwi's herpes is all behind this, which is viral and has to run its course with the antiviral meds he's on. Once I get everything back, I'm going to ask the vet about performing the grid again like last year. That seemed to end all my problems!
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu



  6. #206
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    9,198

    Default How is EYEBALL ????


    How is the eye ????

    Extra treats for dear Focus ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Eye is the same! Vet came today and we are switching meds. Unfortunately, this is all normal. Thanks for thinking of us.
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2005
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    My sister's mare had an ulcer in her eye that would not heal. It turned out she had developed a fungus in the eye on top of a bacterial infection. They had to place a tube in her eye and keep her on heavy antifungals for quite a while. Has your vet checked for fungus in the eye? Just a suggestion that maybe you have already considered. Best of luck!
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com



  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec. 31, 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    14,243

    Default

    Kiwayu- Sending you jingles and prayers that Kiwi's eye issues heal up, and the vet bills stop.
    You deserve the owner of the year award for what you have done for your horses. They are so lucky to have such a persistent/caring owner.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr. 7, 2012
    Posts
    304

    Default

    I`ve been following this thread and I must say, I have to congratulate you on your dedication......I am sure that love and dedication was the main medicine/ ingredient that saved your horse. I think they get an immune boost for knowing that someone cares so much.

    I have had a little experience with herpes, not in horses but with a cat and a husband. When my husband went to the doctor because he had a serious herpes infection in his eye, the doctor told him that Lysine is great as a preventative for herpes flare-ups. Lysine is an amino acid that is anti-viral. It is simple to buy, inexpensive. I don`t know what the dose would be for a horse but I am sure that would be easy to find out.

    The eye doctor said that his father was a pharmacist with an interest in natural healing and found out from feedback from his custormers that Lysine worked better than any anti-viral for herpes that he could fill a prescription for.

    Don`t take my word for it, do some research, ask your vet or vets. Google lysine and its effect on the herpes virus. It may help your horse now with this episode and prevent further flare ups if it is an ingredient in his diet in adequate amounts.



  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by re-runs View Post
    I`ve been following this thread and I must say, I have to congratulate you on your dedication......I am sure that love and dedication was the main medicine/ ingredient that saved your horse. I think they get an immune boost for knowing that someone cares so much.

    I have had a little experience with herpes, not in horses but with a cat and a husband. When my husband went to the doctor because he had a serious herpes infection in his eye, the doctor told him that Lysine is great as a preventative for herpes flare-ups. Lysine is an amino acid that is anti-viral. It is simple to buy, inexpensive. I don`t know what the dose would be for a horse but I am sure that would be easy to find out.

    The eye doctor said that his father was a pharmacist with an interest in natural healing and found out from feedback from his custormers that Lysine worked better than any anti-viral for herpes that he could fill a prescription for.

    Don`t take my word for it, do some research, ask your vet or vets. Google lysine and its effect on the herpes virus. It may help your horse now with this episode and prevent further flare ups if it is an ingredient in his diet in adequate amounts.
    Thanks. Ophthalmologist put kiwayu on losing 12 years ago when this first started. Personally, I think it has done nothing!

    Cytology was done and he does not have a fungus. Vet thinks that it's his age, stress and winter conditions which is why they aren't healing. We go through this yearly. The only thing that worked last year was a "grid" cut into his eye ball.
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu



  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan. 25, 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Still jingling.



  13. #213
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    9,198

    Default More Jingles & AO for dear KIWI !


    Weekend Jingles & AO for dear KIWI ~


    Extra treats for Focus ... he never gets vet's attention = lucky guy !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



  14. #214
    Join Date
    Nov. 29, 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    kiwayu, you are an amazing and dedicated person ... as is your wonderful vet. Agree with so many others that Fresa came through the clostridium infection in large part because of your caring and tireless efforts.

    Kiwi will, too, though I can only imagine having such an irritated eye(s) every winter. Poor horse == and poor you.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson



  15. #215
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    9,198

    Default How about an update on all four ~!~ Fresa, Kiwi, Focus, and Fig


    How about an update on all four of your horses

    Hope all are staying out of trouble and continuing to heal ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Fig's fungus around his eyes isn't any better. Vet wants me to finish meds before we conclude he needs something different.

    Fresa great but being 4 and sitting around due to a bad winter, is just getting into trouble!

    Kiwi's eye is the same. Waiting for new meds to arrive but the ulcers are definitely still there. Not surprised...

    Focus is fine.
    Kristen

    Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu



  17. #217
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2009
    Posts
    9,198

    Default Jingles for KIWI & FIG ```` TGF Fresa and Focus !


    Jingles continue for Kiwi & Fig ~

    TGF Fresa and Focus !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"



Similar Threads

  1. What is wrong with my horse!?
    By TigerTrick in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Sep. 15, 2013, 09:54 PM
  2. WTF is wrong with my horse????
    By Judysmom in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jan. 3, 2013, 09:12 PM
  3. Um...What is wrong with this horse??
    By Calvincrowe in forum Off Course
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: Jul. 27, 2012, 04:01 AM
  4. What is wrong with my horse?!
    By Nevada10 in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May. 6, 2011, 05:18 PM
  5. What is wrong with her (not my horse)
    By Bugs-n-Frodo in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul. 7, 2010, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness