The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

*** Eat dear Abby !!!!!

or cothers will make fun of your hairless mother !

Push onward you two !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

3 members found this post helpful.

Cook some oats and barley and add some applesauce. It should smell divine to the poor dear. You eat some too but add a little cinnamon to help the blood pressure! Have been following and thinking of you two. I also love Zu Zu's colorful messages.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    Cook some oats and barley and add some applesauce. It should smell divine to the poor dear. You eat some too but add a little cinnamon to help the blood pressure! Have been following and thinking of you two. I also love Zu Zu's colorful messages.
    That does sound delicious!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

I learned how much the pickiest of eaters love this from an Irish trainer. He cooked oats every day and everyone ate all of it up. They had 1/2 of a feed tub full nightly. They got 1/2 scoop of Omolene 200 and 1 scoop of another grain plus supplements and vitamins. His horses glowed. I myself love cooked Barley too.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Those old Irish trainers always have their secrets! I actually tried to find an affordable source of barley around here for my old TB a few years ago and didn't have any luck...

Lucky for me, I get out of cooking. Abby decided to clean up dinner tonight. Last night I increased her back up to a treatment dose of omeprazole and switched back to paste probiotics instead of powder. Seemed to do the trick!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

5 members found this post helpful.

Default NICE UPDATE !!!

NICE NICE update !!!

Sunshine Jingles & AO ~

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Sending "boring weekend" Jingles & AO to Abby and her family ~

Sending some "boring weekend" Jingles & AO to Abby and her family ~

Just a weekend of 'normal and rest and recovery and REST and maybe some more REST and some more '
    boring"

Sunshine Jingles & AO too of course !

I'm glad Abby is still on the road to recovery. You have been SUPERMOM to her!

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks onthebit, that means a lot coming from you!!!

So far the weekend is off to a nice and boring start.

Boring is good, in 'horse care'.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

3 members found this post helpful.

Boring is an excellent word when it comes to life with horses!

Nothing new to update on Abby, she's as hunky dory as she can be at the moment... we're going into our 6th week post-injury. The crack still hasn't healed over completely, but otherwise she's fine.

Although I just learned it's ridiculously easy to extend your Care Credit line via telephone! So much for only spending as much on her foot as I would have spent on a stud fee and foaling expenses!!!

I really do have "sucker" written on my forehead.

Great of you to try to save the girl. Send me your paypal account # via PM, please.

I've not read the whole thread, just the start and this page, but if you can afford them, the soft-ride.com boots are wonderful for hoof injuries... Although one of my horses wore a cast for 3 weeks last summer when she got bitten by a snake and developed cellulitis. I now have the same casting tape that the vet used, and the same "stuff" to put on the bottom of a cast to keep it from cracking, as well as the other tapes and pads needed for casting. Otherwise, the soft rides are great.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Great of you to try to save the girl. Send me your paypal account # via PM, please.
    That's really generous cloudyandcallie!!! Thank you SO much for the offer. But there's no way I could ask for anyone else to get roped into my sucker-ness!

Jingles for continued healing!

continued jingles! Glad to hear she is doing relatively well!
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

The tape my vet uses is elastikon. I have a big box of it. Let me know if you want any rolls.

As for getting a horse to eat, I'm late to that issue which you have already solved. While Cloudy will take any meds in any feed or drink, Hattie won't. However, pouring some molasses on her meds solved that problem last year when she had to be on meds for a month.
    speaking of meds, has your vet had you put that silversulfadine on the wound? I think I misspelled it, but that salve, which is pretty expensive, is what my vet had me put on the snake bite, after the 3 week old cast was removed.

Cloudy- you save that elastikon! Incredibly useful stuff... and not cheap. I'm only using a small amount of ekon right now on her bandage and I have a free source of it, but thank you SO much for the offer!

We don't want to use anything like silver sulfadiazine on her open fracture at this time, but I have some of that as well if ever needed. Good stuff!

Thank you SO much for all the generous offers!

Still jingling!

Cloudy-It restores my faith in mankind to see your generous offers to a stranger. We need more people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Still jingling!

Cloudy-It restores my faith in mankind to see your generous offers to a stranger. We need more people like you.
    Isn't she amazing? I am blown away with her kindness and generosity!!!