The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I wouldn't be angry, nor make a big deal. If she ever asks why it happens, say that you don't know, but people are different and do things differently. End of story.

I just found out I'd gotten my Dad's birthday wrong by a day for probably at least the last 15 years. Which meant I was calling him a day early to wish him Happy Birthday. He never said a word.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    I'm kind of astounded that people think that distant (aka not siblings/parents) relatives are EXPECTED to remember every birthday, holiday, etc. and cough up gifts for every kid in the extended family. Seems rather unreasonable expectations. If they want to do that, fine, but EXPECTING it?
    That is my thought, I am the youngest in a family of 8. All my sisters and brother have 3-4 kids and then some of them have kids. I would be in the poor house if I had to send gifts and cards to all of them.

It was never expected in my family, only one aunt sent me cards when I was a kid. My one grandma only sent me a Christmas gift and it was slippers with a $5. bill in them each year. I would never think that she didn't love me enough, because she didn't send me things.

My mom is 85 yrs old and she has 23 grand kids, 22 great grand kids. She lives on a pension and I don't know how she still sends cards to everyone.
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

1 members found this post helpful.