The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Seriously? A busted CD player would be the least of my concerns.

But hey, if you got the time/ desire to complain, go for it. Glad you're getting a new one.

I just bought a truck, and on the way home, I got the "death wobble", I also discovered that the parking brake was wonky and I started having intermittent fuel rail sensor problems. Guess what, I signed an "As-is Agreement." While they may have unloaded a car on me, I agreed to the terms when I signed the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedazzle View Post
    Just wanted to update. I got the new radio put in, and not a single issue since. Even when the weather was -10, the car started right up. So it was for sure and issue with the radio draining the battery, when an CD was inserted but unable to play. Apparently a common issue with the 2005 Tucson, but not one you would know about without searching specifically for it.

The dealership paid for the new radio/
    That makes sense, how a battery can die when only two weeks prior it was functioning. Glad you to have it resolved. I'm sure glad to learn a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fatappy View Post
    Seriously? A busted CD player would be the least of my concerns.

But hey, if you got the time/ desire to complain, go for it. Glad you're getting a new one.

I just bought a truck, and on the way home, I got the "death wobble", I also discovered that the parking brake was wonky and I started having intermittent fuel rail sensor problems. Guess what, I signed an "As-is Agreement." While they may have unloaded a car on me, I agreed to the terms when I signed the contract.
    Apparently you didn't understand that I don't give a crap about the busted CD player. I can go without. It's the fact that it was a known issue with the car, that when the CD player doesn't recognize that there is a CD player in there, it continues to try to find it - resulting in a battery that drains on a continuous basis (every other day). Therefore, I did not need a new CD player for music reasons, but for a fully functional car.

6 members found this post helpful.

Good for you for finding that issue. If you hadn't, I'm sure the dealer wouldn't have taken care of it for you. Lesson is, do research on the car you are looking at buying and see if there are things like that being reported...

I would continue to air the crap out of it on Facebook and any other high traffic site! That is highly motivational for companies who don't want to deal with people, get it all out there in the open for all the customers to see. Trust me, I've used it wit Comcast and won
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    I would continue to air the crap out of it on Facebook and any other high traffic site! That is highly motivational for companies who don't want to deal with people, get it all out there in the open for all the customers to see. Trust me, I've used it wit Comcast and won
    So the dealership took care of the issue but you want the OP to trash the dealership anyways on Facebook? kind of removes the incentive for dealerships to go out of their way to help someone on an "as is" used vehicle after the sale, don't you think? I mean if you are going to be trashed publicly whether you help them or not, why not just save the money, and not repair it, and let them trash talk all they want.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Interesting how experiences vary.

I know many people with Fords who are on their second transmissions and they've yet to hit 100K on the odometer. My longtime mechanic is fond of saying that Ford transmissions put all 3 of his kids through college.

(My family will never, ever, EVER own a Ford, not even if someone gives us a brand new one for free. Not after the fiasco with DH's one and only attempt to buy American and how he was treated by a local mega-Ford dealership. Very bad juju. We'll walk before we'll have a Ford).
    Are we sisters? I would have my son ride our dog to school before I would own a Ford. Crap vehicles, and even crappier experiences with the service departments. Someday I'll tell you about the truck I owned for 24 hours when the tire FELL OFF, and when I confronted the dealership was asked if anyone would want to kill me, since it couldn't be that they just forgot to tighten the lugnuts. Why yes, of course, how could Inhave forgotten that mob hit put out on me. Lol.
    Phoenix Farm ~ Breeding-Training-Sales
    Eventing, Dressage, Young Horses
    www.phoenixsporthorses.com
    Check out my new blog: http://califcountrymom.blogspot.com

Fords are tougher than hell but they aren't for city people. If you're relying on the dealership to do work for you than you're probably too sissy for a Ford. We've used the crap out of ours and they just won't quit but we use them like work people.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    Fords are tougher than hell but they aren't for city people. If you're relying on the dealership to do work for you than you're probably too sissy for a Ford. We've used the crap out of ours and they just won't quit but we use them like work people.
    Oh yeah? You're using a Focus with the known-issues Selectshift like a "working person?"
    Last edited by GoForAGallop; Jan. 9, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    So my 20,000 mile Focus that ate its own transmission was because I didn't fix it myself? And I didn't drive it through mucky fields but instead on a road, such as it was legally intended for?

Totally makes sense.

I know many people with Fords who are on their second transmissions and they've yet to hit 100K on the odometer. My longtime mechanic is fond of saying that Ford transmissions put all 3 of his kids through college.

(My family will never, ever, EVER own a Ford, not even if someone gives us a brand new one for free. Not after the fiasco with DH's one and only attempt to buy American and how he was treated by a local mega-Ford dealership. Very bad juju. We'll walk before we'll have a Ford).
    I feel the same way about Sears...after a 3rd ripoff attempt by the same service guy I sent their credit card back to them in little pieces-'please cancel this and remove my name and information from every Sears computer it's on. The world will end before I do business with you again'.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

I'd be interested in knowing which models of Ford were blowing their transmissions that consistently. Did your mechanic say it was across the board or mostly one or two? I think the Focus is a poor bit of kit, myself, but my Escape has really taken a beating and done well...
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    That's got to be expensive, how much oil can you press out of a chipmunk?