The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2005
    Location
    Where it is perpetually winter
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammicat View Post
    The SE03 is the flatter seat. The SE01 is the deeper seat. The close feel also comes from the size of the knee block and amount of knee roll padding.
    No, no. They are different model numbers, but the seat itself is not part of it. I have the SE01 with a flat seat. The SE02 has the carbon tree. The SE01 is just the first model they made. I don't know the specs for the 03, so can't speak to that.



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb. 26, 2007
    Location
    Bronx, NY/Atlanta, GA/Fort Dodge, IA
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    According to the website:

    SE01 - Flat Hunter Jumper TC
    SE02 - Semi-Deep Hunter Jumper TR
    SE03 - The Flat Seat CC

    Of course, I don't know what any of this means, especially because the descriptions for all three are very similar (if not exactly the same).
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec. 28, 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    pbr ... I want to hear how you like your saddle after you get it

    super ... I might have misunderstood but when we were talking about saddles she said the Se03 is cwd answer to the really close contact usually associated with butet, and we can change the flap, knee roll, etc.. To me that meant that the se03 difference is primarily the flat seat. That said, the se2g models have the new composite trees.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    Unless it is a very new policy, CWD reps are compensated based on sales. I knew someone who inquired as to a sales job. It might not be a commission tied to each saddle sale--- but trust me their are SALESPEOPLE and their compensation is linked to sales goals/moving the product. You don't get bonuses, salary increases, hired again etc. in a sales job if you don't SELL.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2004
    Location
    Pottstown, PA (East Coventry)
    Posts
    3,011

    Default

    RE: CWD and commissions.

    From their website under USA:

    CWD is looking for sales representatives in United States
    You are a motivated, passionate, autonomous and serious person? CWD would be glad to have you as part of the team.
    Car, cell phone, computer, fix salary and commissions on sales are allocated. Commercial and technical training will be provided.
    To apply, please complete the form below "apply"


    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    I have to give it to this Turea person. I never met her... but damn it sound like shes a stone cold good salesperson. Why let reality get in the way of a good line
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb. 25, 2004
    Location
    Ambler, PA
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I have to give it to this Turea person. I never met her... but damn it sound like shes a stone cold good salesperson. Why let reality get in the way of a good line
    I have met her several times, and I quite like her. However, I still ride in my ancient Butet.



  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan. 7, 2004
    Location
    Perkasie, PA
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Turea has been to my barn a handful of times. She is extremely nice, helpful and knows what she is doing. A client of mine bought a custom saddle from her for her horse who was extremely difficult to fit in the shoulder. She did a fabulous job with that saddle making sure he had plenty of room in the shoulders. We have since sold that horse, bought a new horse and of course the saddle no where near fits. Not only is my client no longer in the same state that Turea covers, but she still took the time to come out and make sure the saddle fit the new horse.



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    Being commissioned on monthly volume is still being commissioned. They don't usually hand a car salesman a check the moment a car drives off the lot, but believe me-- they are compensated primarily on commissions. Calculating the commissions at some given interval doesn't mean there's no incentive to sell?! Quite the opposite. There's a serious incentive to sell to make that monthly/bi-weekly "goal." It might feel like more pressure, because then it's easier to compare the reps to one-another.

    Post #43 states that CWD reps are NOT paid by commission. To my knowledge, that is untrue (unless this is a very very recent change). And the fact that a rep would say such a thing makes me wonder what other truths are being bent
    Last edited by vxf111; Dec. 16, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2004
    Location
    Pottstown, PA (East Coventry)
    Posts
    3,011

    Default

    Since the CWD website where they are looking for new reps specifically indicates commissions I would tend to believe the website.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrchickcs3 View Post
    The point of it was to show that they are not pressing you to buy a saddle right then and there because they are already on salary, not many other companies pay on salary it is based strictly on commission. As it was explained to me they are not paid "commission" per say, it is more of a bonus after a certain length of time and the amount of sales. But no, it is not as clean and dry as "ok you sold a saddle today, you get 10%" "oh you didn't sell a saddle today, you get no pay". To my understanding it is "Great job selling 20 saddles last quarter, here's your bonus". "truths being bent"? Common.
    You said they weren't paid on commission. Point blank, endstop. No qualification. That's what you said in Post #43. Until you went back and edited it today

    They absolutely ARE.

    Getting $500 every time you sell a saddle or $500 per saddle paid monthly is still a commission any way you slice it. To represent otherwise is hugely misleading.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,474

    Default

    Do you work in sales? Are your bonuses linked to the number of ___ that you sell? Apparently CWD calls them commissions because they use that very word in their advertisement looking for reps?!

    It's fine to go back and edit a post because you made a mistake, but then you can't pick on posts that were made pre-editing to make the responder look wrong/non-responsive. Obviously my posts-pre you editing don't take into account you doing a 180 on what you originally said! Despite my efforts to improve, my ESP remains pretty poor
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2009
    Posts
    6,432

    Default

    Curious.
    Does true success = harrassing other posters into non-existence

    Can a point of view stand independent of I'm Right, You're Wrong?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec. 28, 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    I'm not sure how this happened, but somehow this thread has went from a request on feedback regarding CWD saddles and the sales rep ... to recommendations for saddles (which I appreciate) ... to the saddle I purchased is probably wrong because I can't really explain the rationale ... to the sales rep is likely a liar and can "sell ice to Eskimos" ... to being paid on commission makes you a crook. Sorry, I know I'm paraphrasing, but maybe we can just call it a difference of opinion and leave it at that.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2003
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Sammicat, nice synopsis. On the other hand, I have another question. Does calf break in more easily in the CWD than grain? I do understand calf may not wear as well, but that is not a concern at this point. Do saddles made of calf weigh any less (weird question, but the CWD grain saddle I am familiar w weighs a ton compared to my Butet)? Thanks! fg

    Quote Originally Posted by sammicat View Post
    I'm not sure how this happened, but somehow this thread has went from a request on feedback regarding CWD saddles and the sales rep ... to recommendations for saddles (which I appreciate) ... to the saddle I purchased is probably wrong because I can't really explain the rationale ... to the sales rep is likely a liar and can "sell ice to Eskimos" ... to being paid on commission makes you a crook. Sorry, I know I'm paraphrasing, but maybe we can just call it a difference of opinion and leave it at that.



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec. 28, 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
    Sammicat, nice synopsis. On the other hand, I have another question. Does calf break in more easily in the CWD than grain? I do understand calf may not wear as well, but that is not a concern at this point. Do saddles made of calf weigh any less (weird question, but the CWD grain saddle I am familiar w weighs a ton compared to my Butet)? Thanks! fg
    I'm not sure. I've heard grain is stiffer and not as nice, but full calf is $1,000 more, so I figure I can live with the grain. Besides that I got Buffalo because it is supposed to be hardier, as long as you remember to condition it regularly.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jun. 29, 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammicat View Post
    I'm not sure. I've heard grain is stiffer and not as nice, but full calf is $1,000 more, so I figure I can live with the grain. Besides that I got Buffalo because it is supposed to be hardier, as long as you remember to condition it regularly.
    my CWD was grain with calf seat and knees. The grain was beautiful, broke in quickly and I always got compliments on how soft and comfy it was from people who rode in it. I am not a fan of full calf, it marks up too easily and is not as durable. I think you will love your CWD. Their conditioner is great to help break it in although I had mine oiled before it was shipped to me which made it really easy to break in.



  18. #58
    Join Date
    Dec. 28, 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    my CWD was grain with calf seat and knees. The grain was beautiful, broke in quickly and I always got compliments on how soft and comfy it was from people who rode in it. I am not a fan of full calf, it marks up too easily and is not as durable. I think you will love your CWD. Their conditioner is great to help break it in although I had mine oiled before it was shipped to me which made it really easy to break in.
    I looked at the full calf and thought it was really beautiful and smooth, but I figure it's life expectancy in my hands was almost no time - lol. That, plus the extra cost, convinced me to go with the grain AND the buffalo. I absolutely LOVE the CWD conditioner. I have a container I was using on my Devacoux and it does wonders for the leather. My Devacoux is the grippiest thing ever.

    Does anyone know of a saddle conditioner that is the same as the CWD conditioner?
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.



  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jun. 29, 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammicat View Post
    Does anyone know of a saddle conditioner that is the same as the CWD conditioner?
    Its not really the same, but HigherStandardsLeatherCare.com has a balm that is awesome. Check out the thread on Bensmoms leather care in the Eventing forum, I highly recommend her products, both the scented soaps and the balm.



  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec. 28, 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Its not really the same, but HigherStandardsLeatherCare.com has a balm that is awesome. Check out the thread on Bensmoms leather care in the Eventing forum, I highly recommend her products, both the scented soaps and the balm.
    Thanks a bunch! A good friend of mine also recommends Bensmoms. I'm going to have to pick it up for the new saddle.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.



Similar Threads

  1. Pessoa Saddle Input
    By hbowers in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov. 1, 2013, 12:14 PM
  2. Saddle Input/Advice?
    By SoCalGal in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun. 25, 2013, 10:45 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr. 6, 2013, 02:51 PM
  4. Mini Harness/Cart Questions - Input please
    By FatCatFarm in forum Driving
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar. 1, 2013, 01:05 PM
  5. Need input on Saddle skirt design
    By Curvescovergirl in forum Endurance and Trail Riding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan. 10, 2010, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness